World of Warcraft: Current Year

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well that's not really a fair assessment, we raided all of WOTLK, all of Cata except for a break after firelands and came back to clear Dragonsoul, and then raided the beginning of the expansion with a skeleton crew of a couple old members and all fresh faces.

I MAY and it's a very big maybe, start a raid again with the new flex raid system in place and the release of siege of Org. If that were the case anyone here is more than welcome to come.
What? I don't remember any FoH raids during Dragonsoul, or was that during the Alliance reroll on Skywall?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
There was a halfhearted attempt at Dragonsoul when it released, lasted about 2 weeks. Then yeah we did the skywall thing for like 6? maybe 7 weeks before everyone bought into the Diablo 3 hype haha.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
Guy comes into a dungeon with rez sickness, goes afk at the start
"This player cannot be kicked for 4 hours."

rrr_img_32318.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
For what it's worth, not being able to kick him is your fault, not his. If you rarely initiate vote kicks and they always pass you can kick people very shortly after entering a dungeon (admittedly, I don't know the floor on this number, but I suspect it's 5-10 minutes). However, if you are constantly trying to kick people and/or your iniated kicks don't pass, the time required before you are able to kick people dramatically goes up.

I believe this is account wide, but I honestly don't know.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just pull without him, if he's afk for all the pulls after like 2 minutes you'll be able to kick him.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
For what it's worth, not being able to kick him is your fault, not his. If you rarely initiate vote kicks and they always pass you can kick people very shortly after entering a dungeon (admittedly, I don't know the floor on this number, but I suspect it's 5-10 minutes). However, if you are constantly trying to kick people and/or your iniated kicks don't pass, the time required before you are able to kick people dramatically goes up.

I believe this is account wide, but I honestly don't know.
There's 2 sets of vite kicks. "You cannot initiate a kick" which is your own and "This player cannot be kicked" which is what they built up themselves.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Who the hell knows all of the intricacies of the current kick system, but in one of the earliest versions you could not kick players immediately at the start of the instance, probably to protect against "OMG look at his gearscore, kick him." That protection dropped after a certain amount of time, the first group wipe, or the first boss kill or something like that.

These days it's really not worth worrying about anyone not pulling their weight. Just carry them and be done with the instance in 10 min.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Dungeon runs now are like 5-10 minutes.
... what?
guess I should give that a try then. I always thought I'd be stuck for upwards of 1 hour if I wanted to do a dungeon.
(not an option because I am on babyphone duty when playing, usually, and if the girl wakes up I'll have to get up and look after her, leading to afk from 30 seconds to 30 minutes, depending on level of her jimmies being rustled).
so most of the time I'm doing dailies or old raids. gotta finish those factions.

and yeah I'm doing the weekly barrens quest, it's easy if you just kill commanders for about 1 hour you get enough mats for 2 weeks worth.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Are they just too cowardly to call them server merges?
This is exactly what it is, in effect. Been leveling alts 1-80 for last few days after doing the 85-90 thing. Most quest areas are a pain - people from various other servers hanging around waiting for mobs to spawn . No fun at all.