World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fucker

Log Wizard
Sure, I will agree that they should listen to people but they don't. They also have a lot of information we don't as far as population numbers and metrics.

I don't think LFR killed family guilds. I think hero worship and everyone thinking they should be in a mythic guild that takes anyone has. I don't know about many servers but on mine there are 20 guilds spamming daily that they need people for mythic and every idiot thinks they can do it.

The society of the game has changed where no one wants to be on a bench and build a community. Everyone wants to log in, get some loot and then use the LFG tools to group with randoms.

I can't blame them. Being in guilds sucks ass. I was #1/2 dps and last on the healing received charts, and the GL twice screwed me out of loot to give it to her moron BIL or cousin or whatever the fuck he was. He was last on dps as a dps and tied the tanks for healing received. He was always fucking up, too. The GL paid IRL for a healer to transfer servers, and on her first weekend I left the raid and quit the guild. A few other left as is sometimes the case. That guild went from progression to dead in the water in the space of 2 minutes and has stayed that way.

The new healer sent me a tell and said she knew this was going to happen. She also left after one of the tanks followed me out the door.

Sometimes the ex GL /rudes me whenever she sees me. She's still salty for me ruining her guild.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or actually getting the best one...ilevel 445 and knowing you'll have to get the exact same item but +ilevel next patch.

This is why BFA sucks in a nutshell, every stupid patch I have to play the slot machine game hoping for the next tier cannoners mantle that I have been wearing the entire expansion.

Can't wait for it to end.

• 2Solidarity

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'm just saying that the existence of LFR does not disincentivize people from making guilds that do Normal raids.
Yes it does. People will go with the path of least resistance, and the biggest fuckup was that LFR gives out purple loot. It should have been called "Tourist mode", give out blue loot with the same stats as the epics and every item should have a strong pink hue, so the people wearing it stand out. This would give an incentive to gear up and move on.

Sure, I will agree that they should listen to people but they don't. They also have a lot of information we don't as far as population numbers and metrics.
I already criticized this: Don't design your game around metrics, if you do people will flock to the path of least resistance and screw your metrics. "Hey, players do lots of rep grind world quests to unlock flying. This must mean that they like world quests! Lets slow down the rep grinds in the next expansion so they can grind more world quests for longer!" - and suddenly people curse and unsubscribe.

I don't think LFR killed family guilds. I think hero worship and everyone thinking they should be in a mythic guild that takes anyone has. I don't know about many servers but on mine there are 20 guilds spamming daily that they need people for mythic and every idiot thinks they can do it.

The society of the game has changed where no one wants to be on a bench and build a community. Everyone wants to log in, get some loot and then use the LFG tools to group with randoms.
If there were really no one to build a community there would be no Mythic guilds. Mythic guilds have the problem that there is no talent pool of Normal -> Heroic guilds to recruit good players from. Those guilds have mostly died or moved to the Mythic top tier to be attractive for recruiting.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The color of the gear in lfr has got to be the silliest complain. Even the most casual of player likely won’t get an upgrade in lfr unless they are a fresh max level alt.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hate how the mythic lockout works. Last week I got stuck with 2/8 and now I'm gonna get stuck with 1/8 because the group broke up on Radiance before we killed Behemoth.

• 2Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I'm honestly not sure why the mythic lockout is different from the rest of the lockouts. I've been saving mine for a friends guild incase they ever need a bench which I don't mind cause I've pretty much only been playing to make gold, but like, I could've definitely had a 440 weapon by now.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So how are allied races going to work in the new expansion? Is it going to be expected that new/returning players will go back and not only complete all the necessary quest content but also grind the necessary rep in a previous expansion to be able to unlock those allied races?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So how are allied races going to work in the new expansion? Is it going to be expected that new/returning players will go back and not only complete all the necessary quest content but also grind the necessary rep in a previous expansion to be able to unlock those allied races?

Yes, that's how it already works for things like Nightborne/Light Draenei etc from Legion.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope at some point they ditch the rep requirement but for most of them doing the basic story stuff does not seem like a crazy ask. Generally its just do their zone story + rep and if you axe the rep it would be something you could pretty easily bang out in a day or so.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I feel like after the expansion is irrelevant, the rep should just be reduced to revered instead of exalted.

I still really don't see the issue with having to unlock things in an MMO though.

Khane

Making the rep medallions drop more often and BoE would be nice so you had to option to grind, just buy it, or do both.

They've done this in the past with things like Medallion of the Legion for WoD reps.

• 1Truth!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like after the expansion is irrelevant, the rep should just be reduced to revered instead of exalted.

I still really don't see the issue with having to unlock things in an MMO though.
That would work too because by the time you do the story you likely have the rep needed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Making the rep medallions drop more often and BoE would be nice so you had to option to grind, just buy it, or do both.

They've done this in the past with things like Medallion of the Legion for WoD reps.
Yup this and making the mission table rep stuff give 1k+ rep instead of few hundred rep is something they did at the end of the last expansion too where the rep missions were getting pretty fucking crazy.

Khane

The rep tokens were at least BoA as well so you could do stuff on multiple characters and funnel all rep items to one.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The rep tokens were at least BoA as well so you could do stuff on multiple characters and funnel all rep items to one.
Rust bolt does have a BOA rep token already thats even easier to bang out in 8.3 and apparently nazjatar has an option to turn pearls into rep tokens that are boa so they are already moving this direction. I suspect whatever the ending patch or prepatch for next expansion just amps that up even more.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I kind of have a hard time finding the carrot for anything in this type of game nowadays. They've so removed any kind of mental reward for doing anything, in favor of everyone just being mediocre.

Visuals don't mean much, because the only thing that really changes is the colors of your gear. Titles were always lame. Mounts are so multitudinous that I just don't care anymore. Mythic is unbearably e-sporty and I can't stand listening to half the people in Discord(they are much younger than me now, I'm old).

I just wonder what the carrot is anymore. In Legion we played our mains and our alts just to see everything because it's fun, but it's just not fun in this expansion. It's bland work and there are way too many interesting games to find any of this enjoyable.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I think the issue comes down to it's unlocking of an actual character. It isn't like rep for some bullshit like gear it's a pre-req to simply play the fucking game. At least for me I have all the reps and things unlocked on the horde side already but if I wanted to start anew with Shadowlands and wanted to roll a Dark Iron Dwarf on Alliance well to do that you have to first level up a different alliance character to max and grind out rep to unlock this race then start new. There isn't anything fun or exciting about it, it's just gay tedious bullshit barrier to entry. There is nothing really earned in doing that shit other than wasting your time.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In Legion we played our mains and our alts just to see everything because it's fun, but it's just not fun in this expansion. It's bland work and there are way too many interesting games to find any of this enjoyable.

This is where I'm at for the most part. New expansion obviously is a lure, but I've gotten to the part where I mainly just enjoy seeing the story unfold and checking out new zones. This is why FF14 expansion launches are my crack now because the Main Story there (or at least the massive amount of it during a new expansion launch) is just addicting to play through.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't stand listening to half the people in Discord(they are much younger than me now, I'm old).

There's also the Twitch generation, younglings spamming KEKW, LULW, OMEGALUL all day on chat. It's hilarious because most of them don't have any Twitch emoji addon, they're just mentally associate them, unware the old dudes are mentally associating them with flamethrowers.

• 1Like