World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I wish they'd remove Nazjatar from the WQ rotation, fuck that place. Its up so much too, where's the Honorbound one already?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We were still getting guldan mounts for raiders towards the end of legion, only sold a few

Argus, forget that. We got like 4 or 5 and that was it. I was one of the few that actually wanted one too

deathproof17

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Corruption makes titan forging look like a genius system. They took all the RNG everyone complained about, doubled down on it and made it even more frustrating when you don't get the item you want. It's ridiculous how many hoops of RNG you have to jump through to get a good item

-Hope the item drops
-Hope it is corrupted in the first place
-Hope the corruption is the one that will most benefit you (some boost ur dps by less than 1%, others boost yours by over 30%
-Hope it’s the right rank (lower ranks can be better, more dmg per corruption)
-Hope it rolls leech and socket

Any real reason why we can't cleanse corruption and recycle them into some sort of currency to buy better ones? Or have something more deterministic that you can work towards instead of just being lucky or shelling out millions on BOES.

xzi

Mouthbreather
corruption is the reason I haven't touched the raid and don't really care if I do it or not. It's the worst gear acquisition they've ever done.

My DH got more (and better) corrupt pieces in 3 hours than my paladin did in 2 weeks so.. fuck that stupid game. I play exclusively the AH at this point.

Especially since they removed the skips that made it much less painful in WoD/Legion. Another shitty change that doesn't make any sense.
They did add skips back to N'yalotha at least. But dazar alor desperately needed one, that place is huuuuuuuuuuuge

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not having a mount for mythic KJ was a let down for the amount of effort required to do a kill each week. We only killed him a total of 5 times and never went back, but we got a bunch of people Gul’dan mounts.

My DH has seen more corrupted gear in general than my warrior, albeit they’re not any of the good ones you’d want to use, but had more chances at it. Warrior has only gotten trinkets from both M+ and pvp weekly chests for the past 3 weeks so I’ve missed out there too. It feels really bad when that happens.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah that's exactly what I was experiencing. I haven't even touched m+ on my paladin yet to be honest cause I was so fucking mad after the first 2 weeks of nothing. I mean literally nothing, absolutely no corruption other than the main quest line guaranteed one. I was in a group with someone who in the past was nowhere near my dps just BLASTING past me and I decided I'm not raiding until shadowlands lmao. I'll get the heroic mount in a year from a carry.

My DH it's like.. every other piece is corrupted.

Sad thing is I really love the corruption system, but the RNG of it can suck both my dick and my balls. Not to mention you literally now HAVE to sim every single piece you get cause do you know what the fuck piece is better? Bet you don't. At least titanforging at a glance you can kinda tell.

Last edited:

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I know this ring that has the T3 tank corruption that gives me Avoidance based off a percentage of my haste is the best corruption obviously!

xzi

Mouthbreather
now do that but for every gear slot and if you choose the wrong combination you lose 18k dps

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shit, you aren't even guaranteed the good dps from your traits themselves. Appendage has a big fucking delta on its damage.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Don't be surprised if the success of the world first race streaming gives Blizzard some ideas

That deals also include them opting out of Nvidia's cloud service (so all of Activision titles are likely to be an exclusive to stadia).

And there we are. Before there's even a "netflix" to grow the market for cloud gaming, the market is already splintering into a dozen competing platforms that desperately try to rope you in by using exclusives (in the case of Stadia, using exclusives to lock you into a shitty service).

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Corruption could have been good or at least tolerable.

If it was plentiful and low impact, you could mix and match in your corruption budget and build your character in different ways.

Except it's rare and overpowered, and the deltas on the good pieces vs the bad are gigantic. So it's guaranteed to make you feel bad, and make the game feel unfair because other people are outperforming you not because they're playing better, or planned their build better, or farmed the right gear, but because they're luckier.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
From the people who brought you titanforging, are you really surprised corruption is unbalanced trash?

Yeah me neither.

• 1Truth!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Corruption could have been good or at least tolerable.

If it was plentiful and low impact, you could mix and match in your corruption budget and build your character in different ways.

Except it's rare and overpowered, and the deltas on the good pieces vs the bad are gigantic. So it's guaranteed to make you feel bad, and make the game feel unfair because other people are outperforming you not because they're playing better, or planned their build better, or farmed the right gear, but because they're luckier.
I mean, it is definitely plentiful over the 8+ month span of time this content is going to be around.

It's definitely overpowered though, and overpowered in uninteresting ways. Pretty soon most of your damage will be coming from autoattacks and procs.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Method bringing back another tank

Screenshot_20200216-111408.png

• 1Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Corruption is early Legion legendaries but easier to obtain. The corruption effects themselves are really fun and enable interesting choices around gearing once you have a diverse set. However, the acquisition system is a complete nightmare.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Corruption is pretty fine now in terms of balance, it's still just the RNG of it that is ass aids.

Also kind of hilarious about Naowh, but that dude has been sponsored by Method for a real long time and still played with Limit so honestly it's cool they at least didn't restrict him to do what he wanted.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its funny how they added something so RNG right at the end of the expansion, so now it will be the tail end of BFA's shit legacy.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Corruption is absolute garbage. So much worse than titanforging. You need the item to corrupt and then you need the right one at the right level. You have a 1.93% chance of even getting the one you want.

We have a DK in our raid who was popping off on dps this week and I figured that he had been getting gear as we were progressing so it made sense. We finish off Nzoth and he was top 3 dps and after raid I check logs. He had gotten infinite stars this week and it did 25% of his total damage, was his number number one ability by a fuck ton, and this is after its been nerfed !

Its such a lottery situation.

• 1Truth!