World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think when they moved all the portals to Orgrimmar they level locked them. Another hilarious change.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather

Performing well on (single target btw) sims and performing well is not the same thing. Infinite Stars is super strong on one target yes, but the second there's cleave or aoe infinite stars no longer stays on one target and instead spreads stacks out making you lose significantly more damage than if you had something else.

In a perfect patchwerk situation yes it still blows others out of the water but how many fights in the game have just one mob? Does that even exist anymore?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If you think feedback you give more will contribute to meaningful change I have a bridge to sell you. The thing comes out in 6-7 months, they aren't going to redesign mechanics. All you will be doing is finding bugs.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think anyone is predicting August, but more likely Sept-Oct range? Maybe Oct-Nov?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Performing well on (single target btw) sims and performing well is not the same thing. Infinite Stars is super strong on one target yes, but the second there's cleave or aoe infinite stars no longer stays on one target and instead spreads stacks out making you lose significantly more damage than if you had something else.

In a perfect patchwerk situation yes it still blows others out of the water but how many fights in the game have just one mob? Does that even exist anymore?

You know the aoe sim is right there on the page right ? It looks even worse. Suggesting corruption is balanced is straight up retarded when the top 3 individually do more than the bottom 25 combined, on both single target and aoe.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
wow it's almost like literally every single skill in the game is better in different situations.

It's "balanced" like I claimed after the patch because infinite stars and void ritual isn't doing literally 3000% more damage than the rest like they were. Everything is pretty viable instead of only 2 things being viable. They're all within a small margin of each other (small given the current patch). No shit a straight +dmg proc is going to do more for some specs than a +vers proc in sims??? wow holy fuck the one that does dmg does more dmg never would have seen that coming

just ignore tanks and healers and you have a point maybe

Khane

If you put 10 different possibilities that you can't target and have to first rely on RNG to get corrupted at all, and then further RNG where 8 of the 10 possibilities are so far behind as to not be worth using at all how exactly is that "balanced"?

If you put a bunch of corruption affixes in the game it's your responsibility as a game developer to ensure as least most of them are within a certain margin of performance. Letting one be heads and tails better in ST and another be heads and tails better in AoE while everything else is essentially garbage is not something I would call balanced. It's lazy gear design. But that's par for the course with Blizzard since Legion really.

Homogenize everything outside of RNG procs for the best gear and make sure there's always at least 2 levels of RNG.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The context of me saying it was balanced was me talking about the balance of corruption vs other corruption (specifically after they nerfed them)

I even said afterwards that the problem is RNG and acquisition. And I still think that's true.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Actually doing the raid since I got a free month from RAF, I'm so undergeared lmao ALL GRAY PARSES BABY. I gained about 100k hp and a ton of dps though.. never had this many drops in a raid.

Raid is alright, but holy fuck is it gorgeous. Probably the best looking raid they've ever made. Really can't wait to just clear it in an expansion or 2 and fully appreciate everything without trash murdering me.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No fucking way this expansion comes out in 6 months lol
Legion and BFA where released in August 2016 and August 2018. All of WoW's xpacs have had a 2 year release cycle.
I don't think anyone is predicting August, but more likely Sept-Oct range?
Uh its the end of February. 6-7 months from now is Sept.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
That was before they fired 100 people though. It's definitely possible, I just kind of hope it isn't the case I guess lol

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are wasting your time Fyff Fyff is a blue parsing demon hunter dipshit who will suck that Blizzard cock until the end of days. He's to busy jerking off to his male Night Elf doing double jumps to know what the fuck is going on in the rest of the game.
I love that you think me being just an above average raider is an insult to me. I'm fine being above average.

My guess is Shadowlands is pushed to December or next year and won't solve a single problem you guys have with the game.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
If it's really August you can bet that Activision pressured the development team to release that early.

What boggles my mind though is that the devs though that the corruption system went over pretty well. This does not bode well for Shadowlands.

Khane

What boggles my mind though is that the devs though that the corruption system went over pretty well. This does not bode well for Shadowlands.

I think that's just rhetoric so they don't have to admit they fucked up and walk it back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users