Daezuel

Potato del Grande
No thxu. NFL sucks now.

Nfl Draft GIF by Bose

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
how could this happen? I thought blizzard was a pinnacle of inclusion and SJW. How could such a fine group of people who are the opposite of toxic masculinity and frat boy ambiance let this happen.

Here's the deal: People who work in video games in big companies for the most part are no better or more mature than people who fucking work in entertainment and Hollywood. A lot of big egos, a lot of fucking kids in grown up bodies, and a lot of fucking depraved dipshits.

Fuck Blizzard.

Fuck Furor.

Fuck all of the people in that shitty fucking company.
I think it's time to treat any SJWs as rapists and racists covering their tracks.

I grew up in the UK watching a creepy paedophile called Jimmy Saville whose TV show was make a wish type stuff for kids with sob stories.

He was going into kids hospitals to do charity work and raping the kids. For decades. He was never caught.

So anyone virtue signalling are just modern day Jimmy Savilles to me.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Thinking about the testimony of you folks who were with Alex at Blizzcon.. some food for thought:

You're a dude, he's a dude. He knows you're a customer where if you tread on his workspace, he could lose his job.
Much like Bill Cosby, he's not gonna roofie your ugly ass and fuck you. He's gonna be a 'bro' with you and talk about his wife and kids.

He's not going to do shady shit with you on TV. He's not gonna record a sitcom and grab women's asses on film, or fornicate with women in public.

If he's truly a predator, he's going to do that shit where you, a random outsider, cannot see it. And he's gonna do it when none of his coworkers that have a voice see it.

Laziness is another issue entirely. The games industry is full of these types of devs. They'll just rely on the community manager or human resources to resolve issues that are public facing. The community manager will make a big deflecting answer as to why they aren't 'getting x feature done in time', meanwhile he's grabbing his female coworker's ass and raiding on Final Fantasy XIV when he should be working on the new raid tier.

That's really just because big companies over-hire for what would maybe take 2-20 hires, and then hire 20-200 people. It's akin to throwing hardware at a software bug because your top talent is trying to get a nuke in Call of Duty: Warzone instead of fix a crippling memory leak.

He's the only engineer in the house that knows what the solution is, and he's having an orgy in his suite with 3 young subordinates.

So they'll hire 20 clowns for that circus at low wages, tell them to fix the bug, and they won't even know where to start - meanwhile, your top talent dude's over here getting his 17th Cloak of Flames from Nagafen in his GDKP guild while his 3rd wife comes to work and sucks him off in his suite.

These issues normally come from the top - 9-5'ers who don't want to be there, were hired in that 20-person spree, and are draining the cow of potential profits because of the other guy who works '7 days a week' but 4 of those days are spent farming Idol of the Underking in The Hole on Phinigel with his 18-box crew.

It sounds unbelievable from the outside, but if you've worked in any industry that interacts directly with programmers, you know exactly what I mean. It's like pulling teeth to get people to do shit because they feel they're better than their jobs. I can't say I was exempt from that. I fell into that trap and that's why I am mentioning it. You get complacent once you're in a 'safety blanket' and people have little accountability over you because you don't have someone that understands what you do, besides your 3-7 coworkers at your skill level, and they're 'in' on it.

It's not 'bro' culture. It's lazy culture.

Gender & sexual shit has nothing to do with the deep-seeded core issue here. The issue is with the lack of people who treat their job seriously and exist only for a paycheck that are meshing with the Unix wizard-looking motherfuckers who take month-long vacations at the beginning of a development cycle. If lazy employees are able to continue being lazy and get complacent with their lack of crackdown, and do things they 'shouldn't do at work' when there is work readily available to be done, you won't have to crunch, you won't have to defend your company against expensive suits, and maybe your product won't be shit as a result.

The moment someone is burned out at a company, I think it's HR's responsibility to identify that and approach them about paying them severance and, more importantly, *finding a new job elsewhere with the same pay they have there*.

I think a lot of creative minds get bored working on the same product for 15 years and just start doing shady shit they can get away with due to seniority. I remember reading reviews on Glassdoor from Daybreak where "Ku Klux Klan" was a wifi name there and the password was 'n-word' or something ridiculous, and I'm inclined to believe it.

Because I know what I felt in those positions, and leaving a company requires you to admit 'well, maybe I shouldn't abuse my position of power over these people, admit I don't want to do this for the rest of forever, and move on', and it takes an exceptional mind to actually act on that.

• 5Like
  • 2Brony
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Thinking about the testimony of you folks who were with Alex at Blizzcon.. some food for thought:

You're a dude, he's a dude. He knows you're a customer where if you tread on his workspace, he could lose his job.
Much like Bill Cosby, he's not gonna roofie your ugly ass and fuck you. He's gonna be a 'bro' with you and talk about his wife and kids.

He's not going to do shady shit with you on TV. He's not gonna record a sitcom and grab women's asses on film, or fornicate with women in public.

If he's truly a predator, he's going to do that shit where you, a random outsider, cannot see it. And he's gonna do it when none of his coworkers that have a voice see it.

Laziness is another issue entirely. The games industry is full of these types of devs. They'll just rely on the community manager or human resources to resolve issues that are public facing. The community manager will make a big deflecting answer as to why they aren't 'getting x feature done in time', meanwhile he's grabbing his female coworker's ass and raiding on Final Fantasy XIV when he should be working on the new raid tier.

That's really just because big companies over-hire for what would maybe take 2-20 hires, and then hire 20-200 people. It's akin to throwing hardware at a software bug because your top talent is trying to get a nuke in Call of Duty: Warzone instead of fix a crippling memory leak.

He's the only engineer in the house that knows what the solution is, and he's having an orgy in his suite with 3 young subordinates.

So they'll hire 20 clowns for that circus at low wages, tell them to fix the bug, and they won't even know where to start - meanwhile, your top talent dude's over here getting his 17th Cloak of Flames from Nagafen in his GDKP guild while his 3rd wife comes to work and sucks him off in his suite.

These issues normally come from the top - 9-5'ers who don't want to be there, were hired in that 20-person spree, and are draining the cow of potential profits because of the other guy who works '7 days a week' but 4 of those days are spent farming Idol of the Underking in The Hole on Phinigel with his 18-box crew.

It sounds unbelievable from the outside, but if you've worked in any industry that interacts directly with programmers, you know exactly what I mean. It's like pulling teeth to get people to do shit because they feel they're better than their jobs. I can't say I was exempt from that. I fell into that trap and that's why I am mentioning it. You get complacent once you're in a 'safety blanket' and people have little accountability over you because you don't have someone that understands what you do, besides your 3-7 coworkers at your skill level, and they're 'in' on it.

Gender & sexual shit has nothing to do with the deep-seeded core issue here. The issue is with the lack of people who treat their job seriously and exist only for a paycheck that are meshing with the Unix wizard-looking motherfuckers who take month-long vacations at the beginning of a development cycle. If lazy employees are able to continue being lazy and get complacent with their lack of crackdown, and do things they 'shouldn't do at work' when there is work readily available to be done, you won't have to crunch, you won't have to defend your company against expensive suits, and maybe your product won't be shit as a result.

The moment someone is burned out at a company, I think it's HR's responsibility to identify that and approach them about paying them severance and, more importantly, *finding a new job elsewhere with the same pay they have there*.

I think a lot of creative minds get bored working on the same product for 15 years and just start doing shady shit they can get away with due to seniority. I remember reading reviews on Glassdoor from Daybreak where "Ku Klux Klan" was a wifi name there and the password was 'n-word' or something ridiculous, and I'm inclined to believe it.

Because I know what I felt in those positions, and leaving a company requires you to admit 'well, maybe I shouldn't abuse my position of power over these people, admit I don't want to do this for the rest of forever, and move on', and it takes an exceptional mind to actually act on that.
You write a lot of longwinded larp so you are either unemployed or one of the people who should be severed.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 9 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Gender & sexual has nothing to do with the deep-seeded core issue here. The issue is with the lack of people who treat their job seriously and exist only for a paycheck that are meshing with the Unix wizard-looking motherfuckers who take month-long vacations at the beginning of a development cycle. If lazy employees are able to continue being lazy and get complacent with their lack of crackdown, and do things they 'shouldn't do at work' when there is work readily available to be done, you won't have to crunch, you won't have to defend your company against expensive suits, and maybe your product won't be shit as a result.

Holy shit the LARPS you faggots come up with, Harry Potter is more believable.

• 4Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm gonna guess this maybe happened once at a Blizzcon and once Alex was told to knock it off he is a smart enough guy to do so.

I don't have a hard time believing some inappropriate behavior happened at a blizzcon, did any of this shit happen at the office on the job?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ahahaha oh my god the culture of scum he supported #metoo'd him. Wew boy. I'm not saying any of it is true but wewwwwie.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm gonna guess this maybe happened once at a Blizzcon and once Alex was told to knock it off he is a smart enough guy to do so.

I don't have a hard time believing some inappropriate behavior happened at a blizzcon, did any of this shit happen at the office on the job?

OMG Daezuel, how dare you not take the blue haired turbo cunt who tweets about getting drunk as fuck and breastfeeding her kids side...

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

Just let it out buddy :)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
On the other hand Alex does come from a culture renowned for treating women like shit.

• 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
lol people calling to remove every quest he's done etc.

People are so fucking stupid

is he a piece of shit? yeah. Does that invalidate all the work he's ever done? Fuck no, you fucking mongoloids.

• 4Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol people calling to remove every quest he's done etc.

People are so fucking stupid

is he a piece of shit? yeah. Does that invalidate all the work he's ever done? Fuck no, you fucking mongoloids.

Well no they should remove them because they're things like badges which only someone high on their on bullshit could believe is a good game mechanic.

• 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Well no they should remove them because they're things like badges which only someone high on their on bullshit could believe is a good game mechanic.

Ya they've done a hellla lot worse than badges lately