World of Warcraft: Current Year

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The fuck? Isn't this shit from like 2012-13????? Cosby wasn't even fucking known to be anything until 2015? This is fucking insane.

Cosby thing has been known since the 60's. And good luck if anyone is going to try and sell it as anything but. Were they rape drugging chicks? Highly, highly doubt it. Was it a a joke (in bad taste)? Absolutely. Does it matter? Nope. They gave ever single accuser all the ammo they need.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
The fuck? Isn't this shit from like 2012-13????? Cosby wasn't even fucking known to be anything until 2015? This is fucking insane.
Nah, Cosby being a rapist was fairly well known in the 2000s, but it never got legs. I definitely was aware of it, but the context was like "a few women have accused Cosby of raping them", and then no follow up. The difference in the MeToo era is the media doesn't let these stories die, which has good and bad to it. The good is actual rapists like Cosby likely would have been taken down 15 years ago in the modern climate. The bad is that because they frequently run wild with reporting without facts, careers and lives are ruined with little real hesitation or recourse. A big reason it never spread like wildfire in the 2000s about Cosby is because the media back then actually wouldn't just endlessly report on stories without strong sources and evidence. All we had on Cosby was some allegations and some inconclusive legal cases (there were charges filed in the Constant case in like 2004), the papers just weren't as willing to run without hard evidence back then.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
In under 48 hours we should get our first "I was underage when I was brought up to the Cosby Room for some drinks but no one cared" story.

Full circle...

300px-Sam_costume2.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Makes me happy, I never got into facebook, myspace, twitter, any of that. I comment here,youtube and discord, but with completely anonymous nicknames. Never use real name in anything or say where I work. Granted I doubt I will ever reach the point where someone would take the time to find that stuff if I had it.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Of all the stupid ass things a bunch of nerds could have called their party room it had to be Cosby lol. To the extent of having a massive portrait of him. Even if it was some random bullshit they got at a flea market and found funny.

Holy shit it's amazing.
The other shoe to drop are the rape allegations by many women against those responsible for this mess. As we know, they don't have to have any basis in fact for them to get people thrown in jail after burning through big $ in lawyer's fees.

This isn't over, not by a long shot.

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ghostcrawler is a former community manager isn't he? He should fucking know better especially by now. I'm just laughing my ass off at his stupidity. I used to see it all the time when Live PD was on the air. Some people just can't shut up, and due to that they hang themselves and end up in cuffs.

Just when you think the entire situation can't get any more absurd it does.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Makes me happy, I never got into facebook, myspace, twitter, any of that. I comment here,youtube and discord, but with completely anonymous nicknames. Never use real name in anything or say where I work. Granted I doubt I will ever reach the point where someone would take the time to find that stuff if I had it.
Yeah I've never been big on social media at all. Facebook came out in like 2005? I think when I was in college and me and most of my friends spun up accounts, I had a profile pic and that was it. Around the time I graduated I noticed a bunch of people had tagged me in photos from parties and drunken nonsense, I purged it all deleted the account. I eventually made a new account a few years later, basically to observe and mock people, but that one is basically read only. Has no profile pic or personal information, and I never post anything from it. My Twitter account is just a random username and never tweets, only reads. I don't even have accounts for anything aside from that.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Man, again--have you never worked in corporate America? Bro I was being told in 2007 when I graduated college "sanitized all social media, get rid of any drinking photos you have on Facebook, don't post on social media from accounts that could link you to your employer." This stuff isn't new whatsoever. What's unusual is you guys acting like it is.
I was in the Marines until 2010. Social media use was never discussed or a topic while I was in. Though not long after I got out there where a few big scandals involving social media and the military that would certainly have changed that;

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ghostcrawler is a former community manager isn't he? He should fucking know better especially by now. I'm just laughing my ass off at his stupidity. I used to see it all the time when Live PD was on the air. Some people just can shut up and due to that they hang themselves and end up in cuffs.

Just when you think the entire situation can't get any more absurd it does.
Yeah what you do in situations like this is keep your stupid pie hole shut.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As I've said a number of times DFEH isn't looking to prove specific cases of harassment. Its looking to prove disparate pay, promotions, anti-pregnancy discrimination, and HR practices out of compliance with California law. It doesn't have to prove a single case of harassment to carry the case on every point outlined.
Right, yet so many people are taking what was mentioned in the lawsuit as fact and seem to think that the lawsuit has the power to initiate criminal action against those mentioned.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I was in the Marines until 2010. Social media use was never discussed or a topic while I was in. Though within a year or two there was a few big scandals involving various military groups on FB which would have lead to drastic changes to how social media was dealt with.
Yeah I mean the military isn't a great prepper for corporate life, or any real employment at all to be frank. Some of the worst employees I've ever had in software development are retired military. There's a few diamonds in the rough, but a lot of the programming in the military is just so hilariously bad for any kind of corporate mindset / job it's kind of hilarious, because they recruit kids telling them they're acquiring skills that will give them good jobs after. In a small % of MOSes that is true, most of them aren't, and some of the ones that could be useful don't offer certifications and such that transfer over to civilian equivalents which is a whole other thing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That capacity is not in Ghostcrawler's skill-set.
Anybody who looks like they just crawled out of a 10 year stint in a Kobold tunnel is going to be someone that can't keep their mouth shut.

• 2Worf

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Right, yet so many people are taking what was mentioned in the lawsuit as fact and seem to think that the lawsuit has the power to initiate criminal action against those mentioned.
The lawsuit is civil, it won't turn into criminal action that isn't really how it works. A prosecutor would have to be investigating specific crimes and find probable cause a crime was committed. Pre-indictment criminal investigations are also usually more or less secret (grand jury proceedings are secret by law and there are penalties for leaking them.)

But the bar for "something that gets your ass fired or sued" is legally very different from a criminal indictment, no one should really conflate the two. The criminal side is more or less irrelevant in this discussion.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The lawsuit is civil, it won't turn into criminal action that isn't really how it works. A prosecutor would have to be investigating specific crimes and find probable cause a crime was committed. Pre-indictment criminal investigations are also usually more or less secret (grand jury proceedings are secret by law and there are penalties for leaking them.)

But the bar for "something that gets your ass fired or sued" is legally very different from a criminal indictment, no one should really conflate the two. The criminal side is more or less irrelevant in this discussion.
This does not really matter though, all these dudes are fucked because hey lets bring hot chixx. Likke literally not one of them will ever work again in the business of making games. Why? Because of twitter hate mobs.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Seriously.... all these fucking faggots pretending to give a shit. This is beyond ridiculous, and the sad fact is even if everyone is canceled and every reference to Furor, or anyone else is removed NOTHING WILL HAVE ACTUALLY FUCKING CHANGED!

That's why it's called virtue signalling. Nobody really gives a shit but they wanna hop on the attention bandwagon, and honestly if Blizzard was releasing amazing polished content people would overlook this as sad as it might be to say. If you are talented enough people will look past the flaws.

Chris Brown can beat the everliving shit out of Rihanna and people will overlook it.
Michael Jackson could rape kids and people are cool with it.
Mike Tyson raped chicks and has openly expressed he has done so people love Iron Mike

We are a morally bankrupt society and as long as people will cherry people to hate and forgive based on public opinion we always will be. Also all of the stories about Blizzard so far have been inappropriate jokes, turned down sexual advances, and unwanted flirting, of course given the current trend maybe something more sinister will come out but this hemming and hawing about petty shit is pretty retarded.

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
This does not really matter though, all these dudes are fucked because hey lets bring hot chixx. Likke literally not one of them will ever work again in the business of making games. Why? Because of twitter hate mobs.

It's also because they're stupid as fuck dude. I'm a literal nobody and I knew better than to put this shit on the internet 20 fucking years ago. Afrasiabi was basically a gaming celebrity and a higher up at Blizzard, Ghostcrawler was a very public face of the biggest game in the world back then. The idea that these people would really think they could post this shit on social media with no repercussion is shocking. The most shocking part is the repercussions only came now, to be frank.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users