World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malkav

French Madman
arnt some gated behind log in? seems if people start to sperg-in you just cut off account creation and hide most of them.

They would have a field day with this thread the past few days alone.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
By the time theyre done dragging every Blizz dev through the mud, people will think that each of them raped more people than Cosby.

I hope those Wow Creative Director positions literally paid 500k+/year and all these guys saved their money, cause none of them, especially Furor, are going to work again.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm just waiting for the inevitable that these forums become linked to the shit going down at Blizzard and we'll have to nuke them to avoid being doxed!
We have survived alot of shit, I'm sure we can survive this. We just may need to play dirty like we did when we were younger and I can think of no better cause.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
How? HOW???

1627568914281.png

• 15Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 15 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Verizon has a pretty good union. The reason that you get a qualified in-house tech when you get FIOS installed in your house, instead of some shitty subcontractor that fucks the entire job up, is because of Verizon's union. UPS is another example of a company with a good union. The Teamsters should unionize Amazon delivery and warehouse work.
I loved watching their shit head union members show themselves to be absolute pieces of shit 10 years ago when they went on strike.

Recording themselves harassing customers like degenerate weirdos, the endless industrial sabotage which fucked over Verizon customers for weeks. Fuck them and fuck unions.

For me personally I got a front row ticket you how utterly garbage unions are with my dad. Guy was basically a god tier malingerer and unable to the union he kept his great job with great benefits.
Social media man. These people have process the tens of thousands of people talking about this. They can't properly put this into context.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I loved watching their shit head union members show themselves to be absolute pieces of shit 10 years ago when they went on strike.

Recording themselves harassing customers like degenerate weirdos, the endless industrial sabotage which fucked over Verizon customers for weeks. Fuck them and fuck unions.

For me personally I got a front row ticket you how utterly garbage unions are with my dad. Guy was basically a god tier malingerer and unable to the union he kept his great job with great benefits.

Social media man. These people have process the tens of thousands of people talking about this. They can't properly put this into context.

My brother hates his job and does the bare minimum, brags about how he doesnt do shit and just reads books at work, has absolutely nothing resembling people skills that any company would require even for a basic customer service or office job. Fights with his bosses all the time, been written up repeatedly. Doesnt really have any other job skills. The union is not a trade union so he doesnt know any trades.

He's a 20+ year union guy, makes 6 figures. Would be pretty much unemployable outside of it. His company been working on automating all their jobs over the last 10 years because of the shit like this (and large injury payouts because a lot of them are morons), so he will likely be one of the last union guys. Theyre barely hiring anyone new.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The problem is humans. There will always be a large population of people who take advantage of any systemic benefits or perks. There will also always be some rotten apples. The key is to not fall into the trap of immediately deciding that a reprehensible sample is proof of a universal attribute.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
The problem is humans. There will always be a large population of people who take advantage of any systemic benefits or perks. There will also always be some rotten apples. The key is to not fall into the trap of immediately deciding that a reprehensible sample is proof of a universal attribute.

"Why do ships sink?"
"The problem is water"

Insightful.

• 2Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Unions don't really make lazy workers. I've never been unionized and have worked in white collar jobs my whole career. Most large organizations carry some % of people who do minimal or no work, because it's difficult to manage a large organization so tightly that you can entirely prevent it. Some people end up with jobs that may only require like 5 hours of actual work per week, which is a failure in management obviously. Some people are inspired to go out and find more work within the org when that happens, but others are happy to sit on their sinecure.

At the end of the day just about everywhere I've worked has had revenue per employee in the $500,000-$1.5m range. I don't spend my time simping for the company just because a few coworkers are lazy, the company gets its money don't you worry.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Unions don't really make lazy workers. I've never been unionized and have worked in white collar jobs my whole career. Most large organizations carry some % of people who do minimal or no work, because it's difficult to manage a large organization so tightly that you can entirely prevent it. Some people end up with jobs that may only require like 5 hours of actual work per week, which is a failure in management obviously. Some people are inspired to go out and find more work within the org when that happens, but others are happy to sit on their sinecure.

At the end of the day just about everywhere I've worked has had revenue per employee in the $500,000-$1.5m range. I don't spend my time simping for the company just because a few coworkers are lazy, the company gets its money don't you worry.

They absolutely do, because they make it so hard to fire an employee.

See government employee unions, teacher unions, industry unions, etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread is all over the fucking place at this point.

From polygamy to unions...

The money is all that ever matters, right now Activision is trying to save the money but Activision stock is still down 4.6 billion dollars since yesterday morning and that is a lot of box sales.

Activision is a company that deserves this more than any other and I couldn't be fucking happier at this point. They will realize eventually there is no appeasing the blue hairs, the blue hairs are just a money sucking parasite with endless solutions to problems they create.

When they all get laid off and the unemployment runs out, god help those companies stupid enough to hire them.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Also, Alex is an asshole. A very funny, very likable, and good looking asshole from a rich family. The kind of asshole you want validation from, the asshole you want by your side. The asshole all men - no, all living creatures aspire to be. Assholes like that are what success is made of. All of these people trying to distance themselves or downplay their relationship with him aren't fooling anyone. They wanted him around. They didn't just condone his behavior, they wished they could be him. They hung around him because his brazen pussy grabbing meant leftovers for themselves.

Sure, some of those people knew it was wrong (or "wrong") and felt ashamed and wished it were otherwise. At least sometimes, anyway. They want it one way, but it's the other way.

The only surprise here is that he actually got fired for it before being named in a lawsuit.

• 5Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I mean box sales are revenue, stock price declines don't have a direct impact on the company's revenue or profitability. They have an impact on the short term stakes of the investors, which is why the CEO will be sensitive to it.

They absolutely do, because they make it so hard to fire an employee.

See government employee unions, teacher unions, industry unions, etc.
Except you get the same shit at every non-union company I've ever worked at. It's usually lack of management that makes it so you can't fire people. Most government jobs it actually isn't that hard to fire someone who isn't working, you just have to create a documentary record of it for a few cycles of review--the issue is most managers in government are lazy and don't care enough to go through the process.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean box sales are revenue, stock price declines don't have a direct impact on the company's revenue or profitability. They have an impact on the short term stakes of the investors, which is why the CEO will be sensitive to it.

The point is, as a whole, activision is in a net negative territory at this point with acquiring blizzard, its IPs and now its problems.

They need to cut off the cancer soon before it starts infecting other parts of the company. The entire model around buying companies and turning a profit hits a big wall if they can no longer acquire profitable acquisitions which will accelerate the sell off even more so than the bad PR and now 2 lawsuits.

If the outrage culture starts boycotting sales of their other games, its now impossible to separate themselves from it and now Bobby is on the chopping block.

lolacti.png

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Except you get the same shit at every non-union company I've ever worked at. It's usually lack of management that makes it so you can't fire people. Most government jobs it actually isn't that hard to fire someone who isn't working, you just have to create a documentary record of it for a few cycles of review--the issue is most managers in government are lazy and don't care enough to go through the process.

No you don't. This is a straight up lie. Especially in states where employment is At Will.

It's usually lack of management that makes it so you can't fire people.
LOL WHAT? There's just no managers around to shit can shit employees at non-union companies?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, Alex is an asshole. A very funny, very likable, and good looking asshole from a rich family. The kind of asshole you want validation from, the asshole you want by your side. The asshole all men - no, all living creatures aspire to be. Assholes like that are what success is made of. All of these people trying to distance themselves or downplay their relationship with him aren't fooling anyone. They wanted him around. They didn't just condone his behavior, they wished they could be him. They hung around him because his brazen pussy grabbing meant leftovers for themselves.

Sure, some of those people knew it was wrong (or "wrong") and felt ashamed and wished it were otherwise. At least sometimes, anyway. They want it one way, but it's the other way.

The only surprise here is that he actually got fired for it before being named in a lawsuit.
ok Alex

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously it's time for Asmongolds to reveal that the reason he still lives in squalor despite all the twitch money is that he's been saving up to buy World of Warcraft.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game is trash, blizzard is trash. They hired the blue hairs and went with ccp? YGWYFD.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users