World of Warcraft: Current Year

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can see how unions could help those with menial jobs that require little to no skill or experience.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can see how unions could help those with menial jobs that require little to no skill or experience.
They really don't even help with that though. Unless you literally want to work a menial job for the rest of your life. Then I guess they do, yeah..

Cybsled

How did this get so off track?

Jesus lord.

News flash, both are corrupt. You know why? Because they are run by humans.

Your choice is corruption favoring the company or corruption favoring the employees. Hell sometimes you can get both! Choose one and move on.

This thread:

Employers are scum they hide shit and exploit
Unions are scum they hide shit and exploit

Fantastic, the classic “shit is broken but lets not make any effort to fix anything because nothing 100% fixes the problem as a simple binary solution”

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
WTF?
I come to this thread to see if there's some info and hopefully videos on desperate groupies being ran a train on by beta devs, not to read about some pathetic unions bullshit
you wouldn't have a problem if you were in a union!why don't you unionize? huhHUH?!

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
WTF?
I come to this thread to see if there's some info and hopefully videos on desperate groupies being ran a train on by beta devs, not to read about some pathetic unions bullshit

We're trying to bury the rape train posts under a bunch of union pages so it's harder for Kotaku to reach the juicy bits when they explore FoH for their next piece.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Years of engineering on a 'dark mode everywhere' and this fucking dude runs light mode everywhere.

What the fuck.

Tells you all you need to know really.
That's like when you see someone post a screenshot from Light Mode Discord, it's a direct view into how the mentally injured live.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
My wife got a few 89 day gigs at the Ford parts depot. Basically non union help labor. 89 days only because at 90 days they would have to hire you full time. It was great money at the time, something like $18/hr or whatever, back in the 90s. Job consisted of getting an order slip, taking a giant shopping cart, fillit with the parts and send it off to packaging dept. So one day she gets stopped by some perma workers there and she is told to lay off, slow down, shes making everyone look bad. You see they had unions set up quotas for orders per hour or some shit. So you could never work harder than the dude next to you because you would get slapped down by everybody else. Because if they saw you could do 10 orders per hour and the quota was 5, the quotas would be eventually readjusted and everyone would have to work harder.

I could go on for days about how shitty modern unions are.
It's funny in that story your beef is with the Union instead of with Ford. Do you think that things would have been any better if Ford didn't have to work with a Union? You can look to autoworkers in the U.S. South who make like 1/3rd the wage of the unionized Detroit autoworkers and get your answer. U.S. auto companies are pretty trash bag companies to work for, and they always have been. The whole premise of the auto industry since the days of Henry Ford has been to make money off mindless cogs, and that's what they do. Companies don't treat mindless cogs well if they don't have to do so. The UAW was always corrupt and shitty but for like a brief period from 1950 to the early 1990s they turned what is basically low skill drone work into something that let you buy a house and live a middle class life. Now that industry is mostly staffed by Mexicans or people in places like Tennessee who can barely pass a drug test. I also don't know that the right answer to a bad union system is "just let companies eat workers alive."

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
We're trying to bury the rape train posts under a bunch of union pages so it's harder for Kotaku to reach the juicy bits when they explore FoH for their next piece.

The comments section on an article about the lawsuit had links here to a repost of Furor's Plane of Time rant and his first Blizzard visit. They've also dug up stuff from Tigole, Ghostcrawler, etc. But Alex is literally named in the lawsuit.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
It's funny in that story your beef is with the Union instead of with Ford. Do you think that things would have been any better if Ford didn't have to work with a Union? You can look to autoworkers in the U.S. South who make like 1/3rd the wage of the unionized Detroit autoworkers and get your answer. U.S. auto companies are pretty trash bag companies to work for, and they always have been. The whole premise of the auto industry since the days of Henry Ford has been to make money off mindless cogs, and that's what they do. Companies don't treat mindless cogs well if they don't have to do so. The UAW was always corrupt and shitty but for like a brief period from 1950 to the early 1990s they turned what is basically low skill drone work into something that let you buy a house and live a middle class life. Now that industry is mostly staffed by Mexicans or people in places like Tennessee who can barely pass a drug test. I also don't know that the right answer to a bad union system is "just let companies eat workers alive."

I don't think I've ever seen someone be so wrong across so many topics in such a short period of time on these forums. Congrats.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This thread:

Employers are scum they hide shit and exploit
Unions are scum they hide shit and exploit

Fantastic, the classic “shit is broken but lets not make any effort to fix anything because nothing 100% fixes the problem as a simple binary solution”
Just like how the left fixed race relations? Yea we have a regular fucking kum ba yah going on right now.

• 3Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
The comments section on an article about the lawsuit had links here to a repost of Furor's Plane of Time rant and his first Blizzard visit. They've also dug up stuff from Tigole, Ghostcrawler, etc. But Alex is literally named in the lawsuit.

Bets on how long until we see the photoshop of Furor fucking a car's exhaust pipe on Kotaku as proof of his perverted lifestyle?

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

You dont know what youre talking about.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
ITT people who are just discovering capitalism and arguing about 15 different topics, equally not enlightened on any of them

Sieger Sieger you are definitely the best legal secretary at your five person firm

this shit sucks now nuke it IMO

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
You dont know what youre talking about.
I do.
I don't think I've ever seen someone be so wrong across so many topics in such a short period of time on these forums. Congrats.
Typical low information / low IQ post from FOH poster drone-048. This forum is literally the approximate quality of a local Facebook news thread filled with 60 year old Karens and angry trailer park trash with wrap around sunglasses for days.

• 4Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
if private sector job are almost all at will, and state government jobs are not (because theyre union jobs)

then private sector employees have to work harder and be more professional to retain employment while union workers dont. which in turn makes them lazy because its hard to prove laziness, especially in the government sector where everyone is lazy.

View attachment 364507
This white forum background is the most disturbing image posted in this entire thread. ChangeMyMynd.png

• 5Like
  • 5Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 11 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do.

Typical low information / low IQ post from FOH poster drone-048. This forum is literally the approximate quality of a local Facebook news thread filled with 60 year old Karens and angry trailer park trash with wrap around sunglasses for days.
And yet, here you are brother.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
We could also talk about all the Big Brain comments from the low IQs in this thread saying Activision is "Doomed" and going under. The company grew revenue 25% in 2020, has doubled its net income in 4 years. It's 2.2b in revenue Q1 2021 is up from prior year Q1 (1.78b), and its net income is up 119m from prior year Q1. It's almost like the same people spewing idiocy in this thread who literally don't know jack shit about anything outside the meme culture / angry nerd fest that these forums are, also don't know jack shit about business. It's all but certain ATVI will be around in 5 years and probably more profitable than it is today. We can check back in 2026 and talk about how I'm always right.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
WTF?

It's been 12 hours. Someone check on Greg.

• 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't think people are saying activision is doomed.

WoW is def fucked hard.

• 2Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
And yet, here you are brother.
I post here exclusively for the MMO threads, unfortunately it looks like we had some anal leakage from the rest of the forum into the WoW thread and it got filled up with the Q / 8 chan / welfare recipient crowd that populates the other parts of the forum.

• 3Worf
  • 2Moron
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users