World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
We could also talk about all the Big Brain comments from the low IQs in this thread saying Activision is "Doomed" and going under. The company grew revenue 25% in 2020, has doubled its net income in 4 years. It's 2.2b in revenue Q1 2021 is up from prior year Q1 (1.78b), and its net income is up 119m from prior year Q1. It's almost like the same people spewing idiocy in this thread who literally don't know jack shit about anything outside the meme culture / angry nerd fest that these forums are, also don't know jack shit about business. It's all but certain ATVI will be around in 5 years and probably more profitable than it is today. We can check back in 2026 and talk about how I'm always right.
How are you this tone deaf? The Blizzard that we know and love is gone, most likely forever. We've known this for years and constantly bitched about it but this is a massive nail in the coffin.

Activision will continue to make fuck you money on Candy Crush though. No doubt about that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
We could also talk about all the Big Brain comments from the low IQs in this thread saying Activision is "Doomed" and going under. The company grew revenue 25% in 2020, has doubled its net income in 4 years. It's 2.2b in revenue Q1 2021 is up from prior year Q1 (1.78b), and its net income is up 119m from prior year Q1. It's almost like the same people spewing idiocy in this thread who literally don't know jack shit about anything outside the meme culture / angry nerd fest that these forums are, also don't know jack shit about business. It's all but certain ATVI will be around in 5 years and probably more profitable than it is today. We can check back in 2026 and talk about how I'm always right.
Amod Amod can we ban people for pretending to be big brain but really just annoying ?

• 3Picard
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are wrap around sunglasses? I need to see if I qualify. I have some gold/yellow metal oakleys I bought in 2003 cause I love the color. Do I qualify?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Nobody said Activision is doomed. I said Activision might divest itself of Blizzard and WoW if things get bad enough and they keep taking hits. We don't know how cancelled Blizzard is going to be yet as a company. If people move for a meaningful boycott of product, the brand loses value. Already people are questioning Blizzard's commitment to great games. Something like a 40% - 50% loss in stock, rather than a measly dip and shareholders could panic.

And I'm aware WoW makes MORE money this year, off of less people, than ever before. They're very healthy. They have a ton of cards they can play to mitigate this PR disaster.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I don't think people are saying activision is doomed.

WoW is def fucked hard.
WoW probably has enough passive subs from people that long ago forgot to cancel that it would remain the #2 MMO or so on the market for years just on that momentum alone. I do think the poor quality of 9.1 (much more than any of the nonsense being discussed here) which was kind of a final straw for many players after a solid 4 years of bad content releases in a row, might be seeing enough of an active player exodus that it causes Blizzard to rethink some of their design decisions. That could frankly be a good thing, but they've also painted themselves into so many corners design wise I'm not sure it can be easily fixed. If a bunch of people quit the company over the lawsuit shit it could be good because they'll at least be getting fresh blood in to look at the problem.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Nobody said Activision is doomed. I said Activision might divest itself of Blizzard and WoW if things get bad enough and they keep taking hits. We don't know how cancelled Blizzard is going to be yet as a company. If people move for a meaningful boycott of product, the brand loses value. Already people are questioning Blizzard's commitment to great games. Something like a 40% - 50% loss in stock, rather than a measly dip and shareholders could panic.

And I'm aware WoW makes MORE money this year, off of less people, than ever before. They're very healthy. They have a ton of cards they can play to mitigate this PR disaster.
For a long time the perception was Activision was undermining what made Blizzard "special." I think one thing that has come out of all this is maybe the realization Blizzard itself has internal problems that really can't be pinned on Activision, if anything it's like a company that just did too well in the 90s and early 2000s and had a culture of resting on their laurels. With that being the case maybe Activision might feel empowered to cut through the BS of the Blizzard "mystique" and largely integrate Blizz into Activision itself and make it just a "brand" and not a subsidiary company. With their quasi-independence gone maybe Activision actually gets better quality out of them. They aren't necessarily my kind of games, but Activision's other big money makers that don't involve Blizzard come out to huge sales numbers every year or so, so it's not like Activision doesn't know how to make money in the video game industry.

What are wrap around sunglasses? I need to see if I qualify. I have some gold/yellow metal oakleys I bought in 2003 cause I love the color. Do I qualify?
It's just part of the typical kit for the type of guy who tells you very loudly he won't watch the NFL anymore, and that he REALLY supports our troops. Reading from left to right the "wraparounds" are at position #1, #4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12

1627584934537.png

• 2Moron
  • 1Worf
  • 1Neguchet
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Good fucking lord. I guess this was a better argument than whether or not Sylvanas is well written or how covenants are stupid. But this thread was delivering.

Quick, someone find a picture of Ghostcrawler mimicking the Cosby pudding pop face at a blizzcon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
WoW probably has enough passive subs from people that long ago forgot to cancel that it would remain the #2 MMO or so on the market for years just on that momentum alone. I do think the poor quality of 9.1 (much more than any of the nonsense being discussed here) which was kind of a final straw for many players after a solid 4 years of bad content releases in a row, might be seeing enough of an active player exodus that it causes Blizzard to rethink some of their design decisions. That could frankly be a good thing, but they've also painted themselves into so many corners design wise I'm not sure it can be easily fixed. If a bunch of people quit the company over the lawsuit shit it could be good because they'll at least be getting fresh blood in to look at the problem.
EQ did the same thing around GoD and never really "recovered" design wise until TSS. But, by then it was too late. WoW will probably endure, but EQ didn't have a massive PR shitstorm on their hands, nor was the Twitter mob as well-armed then as they are now.

• 2Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
EQ did the same thing around GoD and never really "recovered" design wise until TSS. But, by then it was too late. WoW will probably endure, but EQ didn't have a massive PR shitstorm on their hands, nor was the Twitter mob as well-armed now as they are now.
EQ also had some core design issues + a lot of its team got cannibalized over to work on SWG and executives decided to launch GoD completely unfinished which were major blunders worse than anything Blizz has done. Blizzard's biggest sin is it's just made the game tedious and boring, 2004-2007 era EQ they were actively delivering content almost like they wanted to phsyically harm their customers. One thing that I think people often leave out in the EQ story is you had expansion content that wasn't very appealing to non-raiders, and the % of their subscribers who didn't raid was really big. WoW was a better game for non-raiders from day 1. Raiders generate hype and a lot of the community around a game, but lots and lots of casuals delivers the $. Expansions like GoD an OoW back to back really turned their back on the ~90% of the player base that never touched raiding. LDoN and DoN both seemed like they attempted to throw bones to casuals, but both expansions kinda missed the mark in the game play experience they delivered--although I actually think a lot of casuals enjoyed running LDoN dungeons at one point in time, that was the era when I was fully transitioned to college life and only logging in very occasionally though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is this where the union derail started? I lost track.

Come on Bobby, gut the place and sell the ip to a company that's competently run. One that might actually like mmorpgs/arpgs and the people who play them. Well, minus all the degenerates.
They're far more likely to gut the place and send it or sell it all to China, that's bad.

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
WilmerHale isn't really a "union busting" law firm, that's Kotaku bad journalism nonsense. WilmerHale is a storied white-shoe firm, they represent any big clients with money. Union busting is no more their "specialty" than anything else in corporate litigation. Big commercial litigation firms sometimes represent shitty people or customerse--WilmerHale for example has represented both Nixon and Bill Clinton lmao.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

They won't get rid of Blizzard, nobody will buy it with all the negative PR and it's still making sub money.

They'll just divert funds from WoW (now it's had massive sub loss) and put it into Blizzard IP mobile games.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It wasn't quite 2 years. 19ish months. Average seniority level to go driver at our hub was 5 years.

I didn't look into the time to driver period or know if it was much different hub to hub. I just know that from the drivers I knew. Including ones that did it for 30 years then said they made the mistake of going to management in a corporate office, they all seemed to imply that the wait to go to driver was worth it. But that's a derail beyond the current one.

• 1Imbecile
  • 1Moron

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think people are saying activision is doomed.

WoW is def fucked hard.
Blizzard rebrands under Activision to signal a corporate change.

They then begin development on World of Warcraft II which will be a clean slate sans all the toxic masculinity of the previous game.

I’m sure it will be a hit just like the recent “He-Man” series on Netflix.

• 2Worf

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I didn't look into the time to driver period or know if it was much different hub to hub. I just know that from the drivers I knew. Including ones that did it for 30 years then said they made the mistake of going to management in a corporate office, they all seemed to imply that the wait to go to driver was worth it. But that's a derail beyond the current one.
One of my random jobs in my early 20s I interacted with FedEx/UPS/USPS drivers a lot who came on site to deliver shit. There was also a big UPS hub nearby that a lot of people I went to college with would work at over Christmas break and shit. I never really knew anyone associated with UPS who didn't hate working there. The regular FedEx guy who I'd chat with sometimes always seemed pretty happy, and the postman was chill as fuck. It's always funny the perception is USPS micromanages its people but that guy gave like 0 fucks.

Now in terms of actually delivering items though, I've always found UPS and USPS are better than FedEx, FedEx has been shit at actually delivering things correctly everywhere I've ever lived or worked. Now that Amazon does a lot of its own deliveries they seem to generally do a better job than any of the others.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Can you just tell us the fucking answer and get over it? jesus christ this is boring.

nah, gotta get the midwits to show their hand first so you can shove their own words right up their ass afterwards

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I do.

Typical low information / low IQ post from FOH poster drone-048. This forum is literally the approximate quality of a local Facebook news thread filled with 60 year old Karens and angry trailer park trash with wrap around sunglasses for days.
You dont know shit. The unionized auto companies did nothing but produce shit products with with shit work ethic while holding the big three hostage...And then they all went belly up and had to be rescued by government in the 2Ks. And guess what, after the restructure, all new employees are making same wages with same bennies and no retirement like the Jap auto companies in Tennessee and ohio. Maybe that shit worked in the 50s and 60s when they were the only players in town selling autos, but guess what 70-80s came around and they were not anymore. You had honda, toyota and others stepping into the market with better product at a better price. Yet we were still paying line workers $30+/hr, some making excess of $100K per year because of OT, and thats not even counting the bennies and retirement which jacked up that hourly figure into the $70-$80/hr mark, it was unsustainable. All for that mindless drone work with a union work ethic to boot (we would not want to work too hard) basically work any mouthbreather that had IQ of 85+ could do.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users