World of Warcraft: Current Year

kudos

<Banned>
The big thing at Blizzcon this year will be the trailer for the Warcraft movie they showed at Comic-con that they wouldn't let anyone else see.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Not sure how much nostalgia you were expecting from only hovering around Stormwind for 15 minutes. But if you're only level 80, then you have 2 full xpacs worth of content to experience. Might as well start running the cata quests and dungeons and see if you like it.
I meant lvl 90.

I raided ICC 25 Heroic in Cata.

I honestly couldn't even muster up the desire to leave Stormwind. It was weird. I think I'm over any sort of level/gear grind in WoW. After doing it for 6 years, the glitter dust has fallen dry and stale.

VDon_sl

shitlord
MMO's have kinda lost their luster. Too much effort to not be challenged and too many tools in the game to make us have to speak to each other. Half the fun of EQ was meeting folks and leveling with them. Now I can go to any given server in wow and not ever meet anyone from my server.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
When you resub, there's always a lot to do. You have to learn new things, odds are they changed the talent system. It's a lot of stuff.

MMOs are aware of this and usuallyset up a 'gearing up path'.
That's a great resource, but also an example of what I hate about WoW (my reactions are in italics):

1. Honor Point Gear ~ PvP grindboo hiss
2. Battlefield Barrens Gear ~ Quest for bootsshrug
3. Shado-Pan Assault ~ Reputation grind for a necklaceboo hiss
4. The Treasure Room ~ Raid Finder grind for keysboo hiss
5. Timeless Isle ~ Chests that drop BoA gearinteresting
6. Valor and Lesser Charms ~ More Grindboo hiss

Out of all of these opportunities to gear up. I've done them all over and over and over and over and over again. The only one that is new and kind of intriguing is #5, because of the BoA gear.

I leveled from 1-60 in 2004, so that I could participate in the end-game, which was new and fun.

I did this again from 60 - 70, 70 - 80 and 80 - 90. It's become, for me at least, more of a "mouse on a wheel" feeling than a game and it gives me this, "Mehhhhhhhhh!", feeling.

Even though Blizzard is releasing "new content" and "expansions". I've done it all before. It's the same old game with the same old grind.

I'm not criticizing WoW, I'm just thinking out loud.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Treasure room doesn't require LFR. The key will drop for you off one of the rares on the Isle of Thunder once a week per character.

Lweniel

Trakanon Raider
Treasure room doesn't require LFR. The key will drop for you off one of the rares on the Isle of Thunder once a week per character.
But the treasure room doesn't get you any gear, it just gets you a lot of Elder Charms, so you can double-roll on loot for every boss in pre-ToT LFR.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Haven't played since MoP launch and my account got hacked today, very strange since the account has it's own email and I don't surf any unsafe sites. I found it even more strange they stripped all the characters but then went and paid for 2 server xfers.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I leveled from 1-60 in 2004, so that I could participate in the end-game, which was new and fun.

I did this again from 60 - 70, 70 - 80 and 80 - 90. It's become, for me at least, more of a "mouse on a wheel" feeling than a game and it gives me this, "Mehhhhhhhhh!", feeling.

Even though Blizzard is releasing "new content" and "expansions". I've done it all before. It's the same old game with the same old grind.

I'm not criticizing WoW, I'm just thinking out loud.
Blizz should release an expansion with no level increase.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Blizz should release an expansion with no level increase.
I would have said "that would stupid considering most people wouldn't be able to consume the new end game content" but they have LFR now so I don't see why they couldn't release an SoV style expansion. They could put in a whole new 1-90 levelling experience in it too for alt toons.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
MOP wasn't a bad expansion but it's not the greatest either. My days of hardcore MMOing are pretty much over and when I came back to WOW to play around with the pandas, it took me about 2 and a half months to see everything from a solo perspective (level to 90, finish the reps, dungeons, scenarios and LFR). Unless you're a dedicated raider or a PVP fanatic, you don't need more than 3 months to see the whole expansion.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Yeah 3 months sounds about right for the more casual players. But I don't consider LFR to be really seeing anything. If you want to actually see the content you need to at least see normal modes. Which would require more time. Same with pvp, just getting a full gear of entry level gear isn't anything, getting full tyranical or w/e and doing it with a consistent group is much different then just capping for the week.

3 months is about right, If you just want to see the bare minimum.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But the treasure room doesn't get you any gear, it just gets you a lot of Elder
Charms, so you can double-roll on loot for every boss in pre-ToT LFR.
The bonus chests at the end (if you collect cache keys during the run) have a chance to contain 502 ilvl gear or mogu runes of fate. Small chance, but a chance.

Haven't played since MoP launch and my account got hacked today, very strange since the account has it's own email and I don't surf any unsafe sites. I found it even more strange they stripped all the characters but then went and paid for 2 server xfers.
they usually use stolen CC ids for that

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
After talking to them and getting it all fixed and worked out I get an email 8 hours later saying the account was banned due to selling gold for money, Do those departments not even talk to each other?

Dumar_sl

shitlord
But I don't consider LFR to be really seeing anything.
But itis, and that's the problem. You've seen the dragon. It doesn't matter if it has an additional phase or does more dps. You made it, you've seen him, and you killed him. That's it. There's no reason to do normal or hard modes because you've experienced the dragon already.

They wonder why they're dropping subs left and right - fucking duh? Blizzard is full of absolute stupidity now.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
I honestly don't see it that way. That's just like saying watching the fight on youtube is the same as killing the boss. Please tell me you don't consider that the same, right?

Have you ever completed a game on multiple difficulties? Tried it once out on easy just to get a feel for it and then tried it again on a hard? It's the same thing, yeah it's still Lei Shen but the fight is different, and you get to compete with people that matter. I love the dps / healing races you have with fellow dpsers or healers. In LFR that shit doesn't matter, you're just there for a glimps at the boss.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
No, because I didn't experience killing the boss. I experience killing the boss in LFR. Adding another phase, more dps, or more required healing doesn't change my character killing that boss: it only changes that I killed him in a different 'mode'. Obviously nobody gives two shits about loot anymore, so the only reason to do so would be achievements - tacked on content to replace the content that wasused upby allowing everyone access, so to speak.

LFR was one of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Yeah it must suck to be you then. I don't feel that way at all, and everyone I am currently playing with doesn't either. Guess it's time to look at different genres of games?

Dumar_sl

shitlord
You don't see or experience any new content. You experience the same content in a slightly different way. Why do you care about that? Because it's what Blizzard gave you? It's absolute garbage design.

If I see, experience, kill Nagafen, then I saw, experienced, and killed Nagafenas he exists in the world. I didn't do LFG Nagafen or Heroic Mode Nagafen - none of that shit matters. I experienced Nagafen.

It's fucking mystifying that the designers at Blizzard have gotten so terrible. I mean seriously.