World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
townsend blizzard.png

Blizzard's chief compliance officer will fuck your shit up.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She seems to be fucking up Blizzard pretty good so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
for context (FFXIV ARR spoilers):
Asmongold popped a joke that Nabriales was a Blizzard Employee. Next we know Nabriales kidnaps Minfilia through the "Cosby Rift" 😂

7dkj3fs5bpe71.png
I totally forgot Nabriales existed, kinda lost track of the lesser Ascians.

It was a bit jarring to see someone so rapey after Emet-Selch made me feel bad for them.

I love all these Ascian Blizzard Employee memes lol

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Furor's reaction, probably.

GIF by Giphy QA

I mean, that took someone a lot of work and dedication (I'm talking about the full fake twitter account, it has tons of stuff on it).

• 1Worf

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right? There's no way he meant Cosby in the rapey way, we all know this. Like didn't he make a news update once with a Cosby Jello ad and wasn't that a thing on the forums for a while?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The name came before the more serious allegations. So it was a rape joke but made about something sort of fringe and not really in the public eye, which became much more blatant years later as evidence came out. So sort of "bad luck" in that what was meant to be a sort of off color joke referencing an alleged rapist became ties to a convicted and publicly despised for it one. I doubt those dudes woulda picked the name more recently.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish Acti/Blizz would take this lawsuit to jury just to force Cali to submit all their harassment claims to the light, but that won't happen, they will just make a payout and guy current Blizz brass to be replaced by woke folk.

• 1Like

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have noticed Kalaran hasnt been nuked off wowhead and presumably the game yet

Noobs running Blizzard these days dont even know their history

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I disagree with this entirely, it just doesn't seem like the kind of joke he'd make. Dicks in exhaust pipes were his jam, not raping women.
So Activision is lying when they said he was specifically fired because of these allegations and none of it happened?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't believe I said that at all. In fact, I'm reasonably sure it's all true because he clearly was not focused on game design when coming up with total hackjob workarounds like badges and 10 man raids. The Cosby shit though is different, making rape jokes is just not his style from what I know of the guy. Find me some reference to the Cosby Suite or Crew or whatever more recent than 2015.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Alex Afrasiabi
@alex_afrasiabi
·
Jul 30

All lies I tell you. I left Blizzard to start my own MMORPG, World of Afrasiabi. It's going to be exactly like WoW. Only difference is when you create a female toon the only available professions are Cooking, Tailoring, Cleaning and Cosby Suite Attendant.
/effort

And yeah, anyone who thinks "Cosby Suite" meant rape dungeon and not some goofy, bro-ey inside joke between coworkers about an ugly greenroom must not be a part of any goofy inside jokes and/or have any friends.

• 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't believe I said that at all. In fact, I'm reasonably sure it's all true because he clearly was not focused on game design when coming up with total hackjob workarounds like badges and 10 man raids. The Cosby shit though is different, making rape jokes is just not his style from what I know of the guy. Find me some reference to the Cosby Suite or Crew or whatever more recent than 2015.

The story was that there was some super awkward decor item that reminded people of bill cosby's sweaters, so they made it the cosby suite. So he didn't decide to make it a rape related name, he accepted the circumstantial rape related name that just so happened to pop up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It does not matter what it mean back in2008 or 2010. It matters now that Cosby is convicted rapist. 10,000 reees on twitter cant be wrong.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like