World of Warcraft: Current Year

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
This shit is designed for women by women. Vanilla was campy and had plenty of lame shit that appealed to females and it helped the game gain a broader base but it’s gone completely to that side where the game is explicitly designed to appeal to people that want kitty cat mounts. As much as people say they don’t care who makes the game there’s no getting around the fact that the people currently making this game look and sound exactly like the type of people who would make this game.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This shit is designed for women by women. Vanilla was campy and had plenty of lame shit that appealed to females and it helped the game gain a broader base but it’s gone completely to that side where the game is explicitly designed to appeal to people that want kitty cat mounts. As much as people say they don’t care who makes the game there’s no getting around the fact that the people currently making this game look and sound exactly like the type of people who would make this game.
I imagine this is the design and style of content they think players are wanting when they players say there is no side content in the game worth doing.

BoozeCube BoozeCube Thats spot on with the flying. Didnt even care that much about the shit, just thought "Cool, cool, no more pathfinder." Meanwhile, the devs heard "Hey we like how mounts work in Guild Wars 2!" so they baked pathfinder / time gates into the actual abilities of the Dragon. Props on seeing through that bullshit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Teenage boy now middle aged men shitlords loved silly shit like sexy succubi slapping their asses and fart emotes. [some] Women don't which is why they get taken out.

• 1Ding!
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
The talent trees seem good, but they didn't touch on anything account-wide related. If you end up having to grind all the new bullshit on every alt then they can once again fuck off. I might get behind the people who only play the .2 patch, it seems they fix all their dumb shit by then. The current patch is actually nice, being able to switch your covenant any time is great and the zerith mortis grind was fine, especially with the flying achievement being so easy.

If they made every patch as enjoyable as the .2 patch this would be a great game, but for whatever reason they haven't learned that lesson and it's been 3 expansions of literally the same timeline. Legion, BFA and Shadowlands were all super punishing early on then they lifted all the bullshit on the .2 patch. It's so dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Now that Ive seen the actual website for the expansion - it just confirms that you're going to be cock blocked in where you can fly and how you can fly by talents.

Mastering the Skies

Use your new riding abilities to keep yourself and your Drake in the air—but beware! The denizens of the Dragon Isles will knock out inexperienced Dragonriders right out of the sky.

Basically saying that you wont be able to get past enemies and/or obstacles without an ability. We may start with just a downward glide, and get up to flying. But then flying will be further limited by monsters and shit that will keep you from going further. Elevation being a right of passage, especially since they pointed out how you'll be climbing up to colder and colder heights in the zone introduction.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
At least there's an endgame in mind and something to build towards, even if they're doing a poor job getting there.
I wouldn't doubt they have some kind of Void Lord expansion, but I severely doubt it's intended to be an endgame of any kind. At best, it's an endgame the way Legion was an endgame.

There must always be a Lich K... Big Bad.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Now that Ive seen the actual website for the expansion - it just confirms that you're going to be cock blocked in where you can fly and how you can fly by talents.

Mastering the Skies

Use your new riding abilities to keep yourself and your Drake in the air—but beware! The denizens of the Dragon Isles will knock out inexperienced Dragonriders right out of the sky.

Basically saying that you wont be able to get past enemies and/or obstacles without an ability. We may start with just a downward glide, and get up to flying. But then flying will be further limited by monsters and shit that will keep you from going further. Elevation being a right of passage, especially since they pointed out how you'll be climbing up to colder and colder heights in the zone introduction.

How about instead of stripping the mechanic down to its absolute barest of bones and then require the player to do chores for weeks to months over multiple content patches you start with it doing what people expect out of flying and then work to unlock shit that makes it fly like a stunt plane with big loop de loops and corkscrews and other shit. Basically staple a fantasy flight simulator on to the existing system. This kind of shit -

and then dailies where you try and collect rings along obstacle courses and a mechanic where you can race other players. Maybe even have a raid encounter where you have to assault a boss mob in a manner not to dissimilar to the planes attacking King Kong.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Don't know if it's women specifically or console kiddies that have now grown up but I agree that the game's unrecognizable from what it once was and the target audience has changed completely. All the older talent is clearly long gone and their vision along with it.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm no longer the target audience for retail so I'll just keep messing with classic. I'm actually pleasantly surprised to hear that they're launching WotLK without the dungeon finder, so there's at least some people left at Blizzard that realize what direction not to take again. The future looks to be two entirely different versions of the same game attracting different audiences. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that TLPs/classic is what is keeping the lights on at EQ and I bet WoW is going the same way.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This honestly makes flying just sound annoying. Oh boy gotta just go over to this point that is conveniently far away from the flight master so I can do a stupid swan dive on little dragon buddy (tm) and use the Momentum(trademark) to glide where I want to go or as close to it as I can. Sure would have been easier if I could have just used my goblin glider. Which don't work in Dragon Land because dragons hate goblins and banned their import.

• 3Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Don't know if it's women specifically or console kiddies that have now grown up but I agree that the game's unrecognizable from what it once was and the target audience has changed completely.
It's the TLC effect. The Learning Channel used to show mostly history/educational content. but then the viewer-base who was interested in educational/history content all moved to streaming / the Internet. Once that main demo left, they had to start catering to the kind of people who still sat down and watched cable television, so they started making shows about midgets who ride pitbulls or whatever.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

It's the TLC effect. The Learning Channel used to show mostly history/educational content. but then the viewer-base who was interested in educational/history content all moved to streaming / the Internet. Once that main demo left, they had to start catering to the kind of people who still sat down and watched cable television, so they started making shows about midgets who ride pitbulls or whatever.
TLC and the History channel went to shit way before YouTube and the internet got big into educational content. The owner of those channels saw that they could produce cheap reality TV and shows that required no research for a fraction of the price of the fully sourced/proofed educational stuff and still retain the same or more amount of viewers.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Aight, I don't get it.

I'm usually the first to admit that while making absolutely shit tier xpacs, their cinematics are usually top tier and get you pumped.

Even as someone who hasn't played WoW in a long time, I appreciate a good cinematic. Even in the midst of a shit tier xpac, cinematic stories like old soldier etc were really good to watch.

But this?

This looked low quality as fuck and did absolutely nothing to me. No antagonist introduced, what's the stakes, what's the point, where are we headed? Dragon island? I felt nothing. No excitement, nothing.

Man this looked so fucking low res compared to basically every other trailer prior to it.

• 3Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Aight, I don't get it.

I'm usually the first to admit that while making absolutely shit tier xpacs, their cinematics are usually top tier and get you pumped.

Even as someone who hasn't played WoW in a long time, I appreciate a good cinematic.

But this?

This looked low quality as fuck and did absolutely nothing to me. No antagonist introduced, what's the stakes, what's the point, where are we headed? Dragon island?

Man this looked so fucking low res compared to basically every other trailer prior to it.
You must spend 1 year of timegated content researching how Dracythyr and Undead can copulate.

Rime

<Donor>
Should there just not be hard content in the game?

How else do you make a game interesting for people who've played for a month vs people who've played it for over a decade?

Mythic raiding is 'fine', but balancing the game and making sweeping changes based on it is ass-backwards, given that sub 10% of the population engaged in it at it's peak and record LOW numbers have done it for the entirety of Shadowlands, even compared to the diminished population.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really wish Blizzard was working on a new mmo. This shit is old and crusty.

Blizzard isn't the same company that created WoW but they still have a ton of knowledge about basic systems that companies like Amazon haven't yet figured out. And if they could keep the amount of blue haired freak devs to a minimum they might be able to recreate the magic. Tall order but it would love to see them try.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really wish Blizzard was working on a new mmo. This shit is old and crusty.

Blizzard isn't the same company that created WoW but they still have a ton of knowledge about basic systems that companies like Amazon haven't yet figured out. And if they could keep the amount of blue haired freak devs to a minimum they might be able to recreate the magic. Tall order but it would love to see them try.
Fingers crossed Morhaimes new company delivers on an MMO.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yes it is.

I'm not sure if I would want that kind of attire on my employee for the big expansion reveal IF it still is the international signal for dick sucking.

It's definitely some kink x weeb collar. 100% their tinder bio says "polyamorous pansexual vegan kinky feminist in open relationship with nesting partner and co habitation gender fluid top"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I have been promoted in the past, too because everyone good above me left the company

jokes aside I really want to know how much influence certain people and movements have over the game development at this point.
Immense.