World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because it's our easiest class marker. If you're poor, or were raised poor, you probably have shit teeth because you couldn't afford dental care and were eating poor people food, which is cheap, soft, and packed with sugar.

Or you're a Meth-head.
Maybe, but Ive never looked at it that way. I know plenty of poor people with great teeth (My pops calls me a slum lord). Braces may be more class specific than anything, but pearl white teeth is just based on Hygiene in my mind. If a person is too lazy to brush their* teeth for 30 seconds, they obviously dont give a fk about themselves or anyone around them with their funky ass breath. I feel the same way about people with BO and/or greasy/oily hair. I think its just nasty, lazy and inconsiderate. Ive been to the Dentist maybe once in the last 7-8 years and that was just for a cleaning.

Isn't this assumption kind of misogynistic though?
Like most situations, its usually the women that talk shit about other women. No surprise here.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Isn't this assumption kind of misogynistic though?
I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by Lil Jon

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

As for teeth, why are Americans so obsessed with teeth?

multiple reasons, but a big reason is culturally, Americans smile a lot and it frequently is a smile showing your teeth. So your teeth are seen a lot more and if you have fucked up teeth, people are going to make assumptions about you (anywhere from education to wealth to health/genes).

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
multiple reasons, but a big reason is culturally, Americans smile a lot and it frequently is a smile showing your teeth. So your teeth are seen a lot more and if you have fucked up teeth, people are going to make assumptions about you (anywhere from education to wealth to health/genes).

Incredible

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I can't believe he hasn't gotten his teeth fixed. Have you ever had tooth pain? It sucks. He probably needs years of work though at this point and I guess he's just too lazy.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Maybe they purchased it so they can point at blizzard and be like see we bought a company. We're woke without, you know, f****** up Microsoft anymore than it already is.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Seen her in other interviews Blizzard has recently done re: Dragonflight. Is that girl's entire job looking cute while setting up Zoom meetings?

Did Blizzard not learn their fucking lesson? Or the lesson from Riot a few years back? 10 years from now when she doesn't get promoted to vice president of marketing she's going to have like 600 pages of documents about how she was harassed and discriminated against.

"Don't stick your dick in crazy and definitely don't put them on the payroll" should be the new industry motto.
I did think that it was funny that either Ion has a pretty young female secretary after all the sexual harassment drama, or they hired a woman to set up zoom calls to pad the female employee number while the men code.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
or they hired a woman to set up zoom calls to pad the female employee number while the men code.
No, they've always been doing this.

Riot did the same thing too. Really, really blatantly.

A lot of online game companies do this. Other client-facing tech companies do this too. (Also the pharmaceutical industry on the sales side was doing it real bad for a while until they got caught and they passed laws to prevent pharma companies from bribing doctors to push pills.)

As soon as they get spare money and start growing fast they filled the admin, support, customer, marketing, community, recruiting, etc positions with as many cute 20-somethings as they can find. Those girls don't stay cute forever but they do stay on the payroll unless they're complete fuckups. But when they constantly get passed over for promotions, etc, they eventually figure the game out in their 30s, that they were hired so the dudes would have someone to talk to at work/after work/at company parties/at conventions and they really never had a chance at moving up in the company. When you have enough weird tech dudes at your company, some 20% of them are going to be grabby assholes, another 20% are just going to have absolutely no social skills or filter, and the other 60% are going to be somewhere in between. These girls are going to rack up a backlog of incidents. Then the lawsuits come.

The very presence of a thot-like girl setting up their Zoom calls with external media personalities tells me they haven't learned anything.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

A lot of online game companies do this. Other client-facing tech companies do this too. (Also the pharmaceutical industry on the sales side was doing it real bad for a while until they got caught and they passed laws to prevent pharma companies from bribing doctors to push pills.)

As soon as they get spare money and start growing fast they filled the admin, support, customer, marketing, community, recruiting, etc positions with as many cute 20-somethings as they can find. Those girls don't stay cute forever but they do stay on the payroll unless they're complete fuckups. But when they constantly get passed over for promotions, etc, they eventually figure the game out in their 30s, that they were hired so the dudes would have someone to talk to at work/after work/at company parties/at conventions and they really never had a chance at moving up in the company. When you have enough weird tech dudes at your company, some 20% of them are going to be grabby assholes, another 20% are just going to have absolutely no social skills or filter, and the other 60% are going to be somewhere in between. These girls are going to rack up a backlog of incidents. Then the lawsuits come.

The very presence of a thot-like girl setting up their Zoom calls with external media personalities tells me they haven't learned anything.

Translation: young people are getting hired for typical entry level positions

Cybsled

Translation: young people are getting hired for typical entry level positions

Pretty much this. It isn’t a conspiracy. You grab kids fresh out of college for low level positions in the corporate world. They tend to have scant work history, so unless you have a candidate field with people with solid work resumes and a specific skill set you want to choose from, usually the most motivated or charismatic people who interview will get the role.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if a bunch of them were communications majors as well

• 1Moron
  • 1Like

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
That girl popped up on my Tinder near Irvine a couple years ago. She was a CM for some Asian looking MMO - Blade and Soul maybe? Noped when I found out she lived in an extremely expensive area even by OC standards and drove a new Range Rover with no other admitted source of income.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
poor Ion you can tell he really wants the game to be more like it used to be but i'd imagine the powers that be want all the dumb shit we hate and override decisions on it

• 1Like

Cybsled

That girl popped up on my Tinder near Irvine a couple years ago. She was a CM for some Asian looking MMO - Blade and Soul maybe? Noped ok it when I found out she lived in an extremely expensive area even by OC standards and drove a new Range Rover with no other admitted source of income.

She could also just have rich parents

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
As soon as they get spare money and start growing fast they filled the admin, support, customer, marketing, community, recruiting, etc positions with as many cute 20-somethings as they can find.
To be fair: those are not the positions that create any product, which in turn brings in the money. And more often than not, it is really hard to find talented people in IT, regardless of gender.

Sometimes it's so bad that you find talented people, but they don't want to leave their dead end job, where they mentally suffer year after year, simply because it's a pain they already know and have adapted to.

That's not only my opinion:

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Friend of mine is a doctor in Europe, and he told me tales of how every week there'd be some new hot 22 year old Big Pharma representative showing up at his office to encourage him to push some new medication. Said it was always a hot young woman in a sexy to semi-sexy outfit, never any deviation from that formula.

These companies know where their bread is buttered.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
That girl popped up on my Tinder near Irvine a couple years ago. She was a CM for some Asian looking MMO - Blade and Soul maybe? Noped when I found out she lived in an extremely expensive area even by OC standards and drove a new Range Rover with no other admitted source of income.
You can see in the video that she's in a very expensive house.

Friend of mine is a doctor in Europe, and he told me tales of how every week there'd be some new hot 22 year old Big Pharma representative showing up at his office to encourage him to push some new medication. Said it was always a hot young woman in a sexy to semi-sexy outfit, never any deviation from that formula.

These companies know where their bread is buttered.
This was a plotline on Big Bang Theory lmao.