World of Warcraft: Current Year

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
First boss: adds, 360 rotating cone, void zones.
Second boss: 3 bosses, adds, void zones
Third boss: Adds, 360 rotating cone, go to "shadow realm" and kill add to drop debuff (or don't, it drops after the time expires regardless)
Fourth boss: Adds, void zones, imprison mechanic (it's so new!)
Fifth Boss: Hyjal 2.0 add wave fest
Sixth Boss: void zones, laser beam, and all new mines!
Seventh Boss: void zones, adds, and a wall of elementals!
Eighth Boss: Void zone, adds, 3 rotating warrior stances
Ninth Boss: Void zones, cone aoe, bomb debuff
Tenth Boss: lol fucking boxes with mobs in them?

Patch 5.4: Void Zones and Adds...in Orgrimmar.

Juvarisx

Florida

Mimiron hard mode aint got nothing on that. Half the raid is on a conveyor belt as well that you do not see in that vid

spronk

FPS noob
goddamn that looks fucking insane, why am i playing final fantasy xiv where the highlight of your day is afk'ing through 4 hours of crafting

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
First boss: adds, 360 rotating cone, void zones.
Second boss: 3 bosses, adds, void zones
Third boss: Adds, 360 rotating cone, go to "shadow realm" and kill add to drop debuff (or don't, it drops after the time expires regardless)
Fourth boss: Adds, void zones, imprison mechanic (it's so new!)
Fifth Boss: Hyjal 2.0 add wave fest
Sixth Boss: void zones, laser beam, and all new mines!
Seventh Boss: void zones, adds, and a wall of elementals!
Eighth Boss: Void zone, adds, 3 rotating warrior stances
Ninth Boss: Void zones, cone aoe, bomb debuff
Tenth Boss: lol fucking boxes with mobs in them?

Patch 5.4: Void Zones and Adds...in Orgrimmar.
Not at all.

I mean, I guess you can reduce any fight down to the most basic of mechanics they are all about the same. I'm really enjoying the fights in SoO, especially in heroic.

Juvarisx

Florida
I absolutely agree, my guild is only 6/12 heroic now so we have some ways to go. I will hand it to Blizzard, I do give them legitimate greif about a lot of things in this game, but god damn their encounter design team is the best there is.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I absolutely agree, my guild is only 6/12 heroic now so we have some ways to go. I will hand it to Blizzard, I do give them legitimate greif about a lot of things in this game, but god damn their encounter design team is the best there is.
Warlock with million plus crits. WTF

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Cool vid but all I could think of was "fuck warlocks, running all around like that while mages plant their ass in place."

Cybsled

Well, you can only cast certain spells while running now. Mages make great tradeskill mule/alts, though!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Both of our Mages rerolled Lock after playing MOP beta.

Mobility>*

Our poor Priest bitches continuously every time he's forced into Shadow Spec (Which only leads to us wanting to force him into Shadow Spec more often).

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was a mage of 4ish years and said fuck it all after a few months at 90, the grass is just greener and while mages had the dps advantage for a while fighting clunky stand in the circle shit just broke me. I've got several classes at 90 and i'm currently on the paladin train it's going to be hard to keep with melee next expansion because i'm sure they will throw some monkey wrench into that nice fluid rotation. Who knows though and that's the beauty of the game... Don't like what you're doing switch and try something else.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I haven't been able to play any other Ranged since they made everything work while moving on Hunter. It just makes no sense to do the same DPS with crappier gameplay.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
This is the first expansion I've played a mage, and while I agree that arcane is for the birds (I hate standing in the circle, even if they made the circle bigger now), I enjoy frost quite a bit. I've only dabbled in fire, but I think it's fairly mobile, no?

GonzytheMage

Fire plays "about" the same as frost you just get instant casts which makes you think you have mobility. I look for hunters to get changed quite a bit next expansion spec to spec just because of how many times they have commented about how all three specs play virtually the same. Warlocks are some crazy fun to play, if you haven't tried it out you certainly should.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've played affliction and destruction, but haven't played demonology at all. I enjoy destruction more than affliction. Loading up dots and staring at the duration is such a chore.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I look for hunters to get changed quite a bit next expansion spec to spec just because of how many times they have commented about how all three specs play virtually the same.
They need to man up and make Survival a Melee Spec again.

GonzytheMage

I'm curious to see what they do about the ability bloat. I've read blue posts saying they are really looking into trimming down buttons for classes next expansion. While playing some classes is easier than others some shit you need to do just needs to be scrapped especially if raid encounters continue on the upward trend of movement and complexity. Like someone else said you can break encounters down and say they are simple, getting the whole raid in sync and executing it properly is another story. Look at Ragnaros vanilla compared to what you see now, and the difficulty keeps rising shit will be crazy in another couple years.