World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The only reason legion was good is the mmo content and progression system was actually good with blizzards most polished “single player” story in the class halls. Plus it had the very last bit of the Warcraft 3 plot to wrap up.

the collection shit was stupid. They learned the wrong lessons as usual. God I fucking hate that shit.
I thought the Guildhall stuff was pretty cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you have no gaming experience, why would Blizzard be your dream job? Can be a recruiter anywhere.
Recruiters are usually a high churn job too. It's unusual for recruiters to work places for years on end. It's extra unusual that a recruiter is actually good at it. Sometimes these are called "Technical Recruiters" who at least somewhat comprehend what they are trying to recruit for.

This is just her way to signal along the long list of jobs she will have if she stays in recruiting/talent acquisition.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh man. To go from stopping some roided up orcs who enslave raped a demi god so they could use her spawn as war machines in their pillaging and raping of half a planet to helping some faggot centaurs express their gay love.

I really do wonder if the people who sell their life's work out like this ever regret seeing how it turns out in the end?
If I had fuck you level money, I’d buy this IP and immediately hire Alex and rewind the clock hard. You know it has to bother anyone that worked on the older game and xpacs to see how it’s going. Even the fucking art style is turning into a childish caricature of the “timeless” approach they aimed for originally.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Weird Boner

Cybsled

They picked cartoony, stylized graphics originally because it dates better than "realistic" styles.

Playing Super Mario 20 years later vs. something like Metal Gear Solid, Mario is going to look "better" even though MGS had amazing graphics at the time

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh man. To go from stopping some roided up orcs who enslave raped a demi god so they could use her spawn as war machines in their pillaging and raping of half a planet to helping some faggot centaurs express their gay love.

I really do wonder if the people who sell their life's work out like this ever regret seeing how it turns out in the end?
Thats the problem. The original devs were all a bunch of Warhammer nerds that loved the universe and just how fucking brutal it is. The original "Vision" (tm), as you guys should remember, was stolen/borrowed/inspired from Warhammer and thats why it appealed to a lot of us "nerds". Im not even that annoyed when Youtube autoplays some nerd lore-splaining' about ones of the Warhammer universes. So whoever decided to hire writers, and the writers that obviously have no love for that universe never should have been hired and need to be fired. Then, whoever is in charge of making content that follows the story - needs to set aside at minimum the amount of man hours needed to create a scenario if they find that their schedule is pushed too thin.

Basically, we can blame the tranny and all the justice warriors working there now - but almost all of this shit falls down on management.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
helping some faggot centaurs express their gay love.
Since you liked it so much:
1663523280302.png

1663523299908.png

• 2Faggotry
  • 2Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 9 users

Caeden

They picked cartoony, stylized graphics originally because it dates better than "realistic" styles.

Playing Super Mario 20 years later vs. something like Metal Gear Solid, Mario is going to look "better" even though MGS had amazing graphics at the time
Right. But now the current fucktards have gone over all the art and added doe eyes and a bunch of other baby shit that is right in line with the current 28-35 year old infantilism. I bet they carry teddy bears to design meetings. You know. When they’re not so scared they only meet on zoom.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Basically, we can blame the tranny and all the justice warriors working there now - but almost all of this shit falls down on management.
I think you underestimate how a lot of the nerds got swept up in the "make the world a better place" ideology, too. Prime example are the open source communities, where you now have to have a "code of conduct", or else.

A lot of these nerds are on the autism spectrum, and are probably just chasing pussy. But the only pussy that even talks to them (about "social justice") is either blue-haired and unshaven, or lets them donate to her OnlyFans.

Back in the day the nerds knew they were unattractive to most girls. But now nerd culture and its products have gained importance in today's society, due to things like the Internet, Big Bang Theory, and--last but not least--the success of World of Warcraft, which made it some kind of cultural phenomenon. This led to the wrong assumption that "now is the time of the nerds!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Gonna be on the list of Least Accepted Quests in wow history.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You all think the other quests are going to be different?

I'm just here to remind he people with the urge to "check out the latest expansion, it can't be that bad" what is going to be in it. If we have another "this is the fastest selling expansion ever", then nothing will change.

1663528543597.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Caeden

You all think the other quests are going to be different?

I'm just here to remind he people with the urge to "check out the latest expansion, it can't be that bad" what is going to be in it. If we have another "this is the fastest selling expansion ever", then nothing will change.

View attachment 433923
I refuse. Even free. I have not logged in a non-classic character since 2018.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I’m done with wow. Haven’t even kinda felt the urge to play in a few years.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I’m done with wow.
So this thread is basically the WoW version of Anonymous Alcoholics, where people come together, talk about their addiction and how they'll never go back, and what they are doing with their life now.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So this thread is basically the WoW version of Anonymous Alcoholics, where people come together, talk about their addiction and how they'll never go back, and what they are doing with their life now.
The thread has been like that for a few years now. WoW didnt touch me in my no-no spot, but nothing so far has peaked my interest in the new expansion. The things that would make others and myself excited isnt even on the radar. The gathering and trades stuff looks interesting? The dungeons look "samey" and we know shit all about the raids. You know, the big three that they are touting for this expansion. Just everything Ive seen so far is low excitement.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The thread has been like that for a few years now. WoW didnt touch me in my no-no spot, but nothing so far has peaked my interest in the new expansion. The things that would make others and myself excited isnt even on the radar. The gathering and trades stuff looks interesting? The dungeons look "samey" and we know shit all about the raids. You know, the big three that they are touting for this expansion. Just everything Ive seen so far is low excitement.
WoW has been all about 'nothing new' since Cataclysm.

The only industry innovation that WoW has had since 'flying mounts' in Cata was Mythic+, which is arguably just another way to recycle existing content.
They did set the standard for 'better EQ' in 2004, the standard for 'instanced structured / ranked PvP' in TBC/Wrath, and modern raid design owes itself to WOTLK as well.

WoW has stagnated instead of innovating, opting to take features from other games that have innovated in their stead that worked for those games but made them into bullet points that they can put on an expansion to sell a product instead of making a fun game.

Dragon Riding was taken from GW2, for instance. That is now something they can put out on a marketing / press sheet for bean counters to enjoy at their marketing department like EQ1 does every time they make a new expansion. They make some sort of system (Dragon's Hoard, Mercenaries, Familiar/Illusion/Mount Keyring, etc) that they can tie to the purchase value and require to buy each year for the bean counters.

That exact strategy is what lead to EQ1's decline and WoW's rise in popularity in 2004.

WoW had its 'EQ Gates of Discord mass quit' moment with Shadowlands recently. They opted to grow the ire of their playerbase with terribly designed content and artificial timeblocks, and a new innovative idea that was more casual friendly that respected its players time took over in popularity - FF14.

Just like EQ1 did with the Combine server, they opted to lean into the years of growing nostalgia yearning for the glory days. Wrath Classic is coming out soon. It'll probably be moderately successful like the EQ TLPs are every few years. The retail version of WoW will always be the red-headed bastard child of the game going forward as it is with EQ1, where it only exists to sell expansions to a dwindling playerbase to keep the IP alive for classic milking.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Right. But now the current fucktards have gone over all the art and added doe eyes and a bunch of other baby shit that is right in line with the current 28-35 year old infantilism. I bet they carry teddy bears to design meetings. You know. When they’re not so scared they only meet on zoom.
"One MMO had discarded all things that gave rise to sorrow, hoping to have only joy.

They found joy lost its savor in the absence of sorrow, and lost their will to play."

download (4).jpeg

Ishikawa predicted everything lol.