World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
Funny you say that because over the last 3 years I've pretty much noped out of women altogether. Though at the moment I'm getting the urge to get back into it.

My long-term relationship ended in 2017 and I had a few shorter-term ones DURING that one because she didn't mind me being with other women and we'd sometimes take a few months off due to work / her various issues, during which I'd get with other women. She only once in that entire time dated another guy besides me, and it was during an extra-long 5 month span where we didn't see each other more than once every two weeks or so. Then that guy turned out to be a dud who was trying to cheat on her, so she dumped him and got back with me, who only cheated on her with permission.

So I had a blast with all of that, but once we ended it for real, I quickly discovered that other non-her women weren't really "all that" when I didn't have her to go home to. I dated a couple of women in 2018/2019 and they were immature as fuck, irritating, self-absorbed, narcissists, on a level that I didn't see in the late 00's or early-mid 10's. Felt like I'd crossed dimensions into some sort of Mandela Effect universe where women were insufferable to be around.

I don't miss women, but I do miss...certain kinds of women. Some of them really are "all that" but it isn't the norm anymore. They complain about having to weed through all the bad candidates...well, we also have to weed through putting up with them. Least until we find someone we don't have to "put up with" because she's great. I'm sure there are some perfect matches for me out there in the women-sphere...who have also given up on dating themselves and spend their free time on other things. If only there were a way to pull us together.

WoW Derail About Women: Has this ever happened before on the internet? Well, it's Shadowlands, and fuck Shadowlands, derail away I guess.
You are a bad candidate. What the fuck did you just post!?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Alright. So by your logic, we should ban all guns or heavily restrict them, because some parents don't properly store and safeguard their weapons, or kids steal their way to where they are stored, and harm themselves
Youre playing some weird hop scotch there.

Social norms which degrade society should be vilified, not endorsed and supported.

Cybsled

Social norms which degrade society should be vilified, not endorsed and supported.

People have been decrying the degradation of society since mankind built their first cities. The boogeyman constantly changes, but it always boils down to "I have a specific view of what society should be and everything that does not adhere to it or threatens to change it is evil/degenerate".

It is also common to vastly inflate the impact said boogeyman has, not to mention its scope.

• 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It is also common to vastly inflate the impact said boogeyman has, not to mention its scope.
Im sure there where people saying the barbarians destroying the walls of Constantinople in 1453 was no big deal, Romans have always dealt with barbarians.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You are a bad candidate. What the fuck did you just post!?

TLDR women are way more narcissistic than they used to be. And yeah, I am a bad candidate, I mostly want to be left alone.

Got WoW running. Female Void Elves look hot as hell, so I wanted to make one. Looks like there are some hoops to jump through, and surprisingly I guess I never finished Argus' storyline. Considered banging out all the Void Elf pre-reqs, ended up just going with Undead like my initial plan. I'll prolly try to unlock Void Elves later though, pretty sweet to finally have a real Dark Elf race.

1665988487979.png

Also it let me pick between Tirisfal and the island, I picked Tirisfal of course. This is awesome, so much nostalgias

Malkav

French Madman
I'll prolly try to unlock Void Elves later though, pretty sweet to finally have a real Dark Elf race.

Eh I think Nightborne are closer to Dark Elves than Void Elves though.
1666001467999.png

Btw thank god it seems they added a lot of customization options to Nightborne (including hair and faces) because all the one they had when they released it were mostly horrible.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got to level 10. New ideas for leveling:

Hellfire 10-15
Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills 15-20
Zul 20-25
Storm Peaks, Icecrown, Netherstorm 25-30
Uldum 31-35
Frostfire Ridge 36-40
? 41-44
Argus 45-48

Kind of annoying that 3 of the top zones I really want to hang out in are all in the same 5 level range. Gonna pretty much just do Northrend from 15-30.

What happened to talent points/trees? I did the specialization (Affliction) but no talent trees to look at!

1666004067840.png

Seems like a ghost town, been queued up for WSG and AB for two hours and nada.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Hellfire 10-15
Zul 20-25
Uldum 31-35
Frostfire Ridge 36-40
? 41-44
Argus 45-48

Kind of annoying that 3 of the top zones I really want to hang out in are all in the same 5 level range. Gonna pretty much just do Northrend from 15-30.

What happened to talent points/trees? I did the specialization (Affliction) but no talent trees to look at!

View attachment 438511
You're going to spend more time traveling then leveling.

I highly suggest if you wanna hit all those zones just level a couple characters.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You're going to spend more time traveling then leveling.

I highly suggest if you wanna hit all those zones just level a couple characters.

I'll skip Netherstorm due to it being so out of the way. Uldum kinda is too but I don't mind crossing Kalimdor. What happened to Eye of the Storm anyway? That'd get me a Netherstorm fix, except it isn't in the battleground list anymore.

What level do you get flight abilities at this point? Looks like the original 5000 G riding level is at 40 now. I've got 9k pooled from my Horde characters on the server, hope that's enough to cover riding (along with whatever I make on the way).

Not too worried about spending time traveling. I've got like 40 days to get to 60 and I got to 10 in 2 hours.

Malkav

French Madman
I'll skip Netherstorm due to it being so out of the way. Uldum kinda is too but I don't mind crossing Kalimdor. What happened to Eye of the Storm anyway? That'd get me a Netherstorm fix, except it isn't in the battleground list anymore.

What level do you get flight abilities at this point? Looks like the original 5000 G riding level is at 40 now. I've got 9k pooled from my Horde characters on the server, hope that's enough to cover riding (along with whatever I make on the way).

Not too worried about spending time traveling. I've got like 40 days to get to 60 and I got to 10 in 2 hours.

Base flight is lvl30 now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Eh I think Nightborne are closer to Dark Elves than Void Elves though.
View attachment 438506

Btw thank god it seems they added a lot of customization options to Nightborne (including hair and faces) because all the one they had when they released it were mostly horrible.
Well Night Elves are WoW's Dark Elves. So Nightbourne are Dark Dark Elves lol.

Void Elves are High Dark Elves and High Dark Dark Elves depending on if they were High Elves or Blood Elves first.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Wait are you talking about Classic?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Hellfire 10-15
Zul 20-25
Uldum 31-35
Frostfire Ridge 36-40
? 41-44
Argus 45-48

View attachment 438511
Talents unlock at level 15.

Do you not have a level 50? If not, I would finish leveling one character to 50 in BfA first. With Chromie time, all non-SL zones become level range 1-50, but you need to level to 50 on one character for Chromie time to unlock.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Every parent is doing what they can and hoping for the best, but I don't think there is a fool proof way to prevent your children from seeing fucked up shit on the internet now. Best bet is probably home school and only let them socialize with other like minded families. Even then, it could develop into a backlash where those kids go off the deep end, once they hit their late teens, and the parents can no longer control them.

The level of control on a child's life that is needed to have 99% confidence that they are prevented from getting access to internet degeneracy would be unhealthy in it's own right. Parents may talk to each other, and think they have their home network secure, but the kids grow up with the newest tech; often times learning how to use it better than their parents.

Inevitably there will be a large group of kids that learn to get around parental controls or just not tell their parents that they are friends with the neglected kid, a few blocks over, that has an open internet (or find a house with an unsecured or password set as "password" network).
My sisters have kids in the 8-16 year old range. The ultimate problem that they have is that while they try and be responsible and limit what their kids can do on the internet. Other parents don't seem to give a shit and their kids have unrestricted unlimited data iphones at like age 6.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My sisters have kids in the 8-16 year old range. The ultimate problem that they have is that while they try and be responsible and limit what their kids can do on the internet. Other parents don't seem to give a shit and their kids have unrestricted unlimited data iphones at like age 6.
My g/f's boss goes out of her way to separate her kids from "those" kids. Theyre all in on a private Christian Academy, Church and all its functions. Im sure there is other non-religious stuff she can do, but I imagine its a lot harder to find.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
It's wild to me how different retail WoW is from Cata and older WoW. It's a completely different game, and not in a good way. I played a little retail a couple years ago just to see what it's like, and you can level a character to max level in like a few hours. It's crazy. No wonder people get bored so fast.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wait are you talking about Classic?

Nope retail.

Level 14 now, did Hellfire Peninsula a bit to get that dose of "first day of TBC" nostalgia, then switched to Wrath with Chromie and I guess I'll just go wherever makes sense there. Kind of a bummer that the BG queue seems nonexistent in the 10's.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's wild to me how different retail WoW is from Cata and older WoW. It's a completely different game, and not in a good way. I played a little retail a couple years ago just to see what it's like, and you can level a character to max level in like a few hours. It's crazy. No wonder people get bored so fast.

Yeah, it's nuts. People need to actually be asked to work a little bit if you want them to be invested in your game. And people like being challenged, having something expected out of them when they play a game, otherwise what's the point?

WoW has always just given people shit, and rolled over for the players, so what is there to do at that point for the 99% of players who aren't doing mythic raiding? The rest of the game falls over in a stiff breeze. I don't think I've gone below half health once, as an untwinked level 14. I really like the scenery and nostalgia, but in terms of the actual combat I want to doze off.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean leveling isn't supposed to be engaging. Its supposed to be a stepping stone to max level and end game. The way progression works and items becoming obsolete every expansion season it makes no sense to lengthen the leveling process.

Also leveling has always been brainfuck dumb in WOW. Only difference are the plethora of graveyards to where you die, travel time, and number of mobs you can pull. Believe me, casting shadow bolt/frost bolt a billion times to level to 50 in vanilla is just as gay if not gayer then what it is now. At least now I can play a game of "how many mobs can I round up and what cooldowns do I have to blow". The leveling pace is great now with unlocking almost something every level. With Winds buff it might be a little to fast but that isn't the norm.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I remember when the game had you buy new versions of spells, at the very least. Now it's just your level 1 spell the whole way.

Looks like if you choose an expac in Chromie Time it changes the zones to 50 max. So Icecrown went from "25-30" to "25-50". That's awesome, now I can spend some more time in the latter half of Northrend.

Edit: I really don't like this talent point system. You get to choose 1 thing at 15 and 1 thing at 25, etc? This is like full-on Simplified 4 Dummies gameplay here. There's no thought process involved really. I liked getting a talent point every level (or every 2, whatever it was) and buying talents with those, being able to move horizontally or go back and buy more ranks of an early one...that was all pretty fun, was looking forward to it. This? This is just more WoW 4 Idiots.

I guess next week the prepatch is gonna change the talent system so hopefully it changes to something similar to what it was.

Last edited: