World of Warcraft: Current Year

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I have a question for the folks still playing retail. I have 2 WoW accounts that are linked (I can access the same collections of pets, mounts, transmogs, achievments from characters on both accounts). I have the physical collector's edition of Dragonflight supposed to ship to me but really doubting it's going to get here before the release and I don't feel like starting late, plus I wanted to have a feel for the new class in the pre-patch and that can't happen without having the expansion unlocked..

Since my accounts are linked/merged, I am assuming I can buy the base edition on my main account to be able to play at launch, and then when the physical CE arrives I can enter that code into the 2nd account to upgrade it to Dragonflight and access the bonus pets/mounts/transmogs/whatever from both accounts yes?

I'll add that the 2nd account was created about 3 years ago during BFA and yet it has access to all the Collectors Edition items all the way since vanilla, so I figured it should work but an answer from someone who knows for sure would be appreciated.

The only info I could find online was about buying the digital expansion and then upgrading to the physical CE to get a refund in Blizzard Store bucks but I'm not interested in buying anything on the store so fuck that.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a question for the folks still playing retail. I have 2 WoW accounts that are linked (I can access the same collections of pets, mounts, transmogs, achievments from characters on both accounts). I have the physical collector's edition of Dragonflight supposed to ship to me but really doubting it's going to get here before the release and I don't feel like starting late, plus I wanted to have a feel for the new class in the pre-patch and that can't happen without having the expansion unlocked..

Since my accounts are linked/merged, I am assuming I can buy the base edition on my main account to be able to play at launch, and then when the physical CE arrives I can enter that code into the 2nd account to upgrade it to Dragonflight and access the bonus pets/mounts/transmogs/whatever from both accounts yes?

I'll add that the 2nd account was created about 3 years ago during BFA and yet it has access to all the Collectors Edition items all the way since vanilla, so I figured it should work but an answer from someone who knows for sure would be appreciated.

The only info I could find online was about buying the digital expansion and then upgrading to the physical CE to get a refund in Blizzard Store bucks but I'm not interested in buying anything on the store so fuck that.
I can't confirm anything about a CE, but there looks to be a solution in the information you found. You wont save any money, though.

If I am understanding you right, you say you can buy the normal edition of DF on your main account so you can play a lizzard, then when the CE gets there, you can apply that to your main account, and get a refund for the normal edition on the main account, in store credit? So then use that store credit to buy a normal edition for your second account.

Your still wasting money by having a second account with Dragonflight (if you don't plan on two boxing), but you are going to do that anyway. Same money spent, just slightly different outcome. You can also buy boosts instead, or some other slightly less worthless shit, if that second account is totally worthless.

Daidraco

Im not completely sure this answers your question - but I do recall players that owned.. bfa? SL's maybe? if they ordered their hard copy edition through Blizzard, their account was flagged for temporary access. When you get the physical copy, you put the code in and its permanent. But if you dont put the code in, you lose access after a couple days or something.

Malkav

French Madman
Im not completely sure this answers your question - but I do recall players that owned.. bfa? SL's maybe? if they ordered their hard copy edition through Blizzard, their account was flagged for temporary access. When you get the physical copy, you put the code in and its permanent. But if you dont put the code in, you lose access after a couple days or something.

CE are from the Gear Store now and it's not really linked to your Bnet.

What they do now is that if you bought a digital version of the expansion and you later add a physical CE key, they'll "refund" the digital version as Bnet balance.

As far as physical CEs go, people have been receiving them since the begining of November though, so I'd start worrying if it doesn't show up soon for you.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
As far as physical CEs go, people have been receiving them since the begining of November though, so I'd start worrying if it doesn't show up soon for you.

Mine hasn't even shipped yet according to the Blizzard Store, eh.

Thanks for the replies, people. I think I'll do the "use the credit store to buy the expansion on the second account and use the CE code to upgrade the main account" strategy.

EDIT - of course after I check the website yesterday and see it's still not shipped and then pay for the digital base edition, I received the CE box today by post.. and it's still not showing as shipped on the store and I never received the e-mail notification of it getting shipped. Blizzard's gonna blizz I guess.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1668503591815.png

Shadowlands so far: SO MUCH TALKING.

Also I hate these microscopic new icons (lower right corner). Who thought it was a good idea to make the icons (that you click on the most) tiny and blend together?

Looks like after today's patch, the levels will fly by, so I'll probably have to do most of my SL exploration at 60. Went 48-50 in the intro area listening to people talk n' shit

1668504124714.png

Whoa, Bastion looks REALLY cool...finally free to explore. Wait, nope, YET ANOTHER "talk to NPC and follow them around and listen to them yak" quest.

Are all six of the main areas on the map (Maw, Bastion, Ardenweald, Zereth Mortis, Revendreth, Maldraxxus) typical overworld zones? Wondering if one of them is PVP or a starting isle or something. Gonna try to spend a couple hours in each one and at least see all of them even if the game is over too quick to do any real leveling in them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
View attachment 443144

Also I hate these microscopic new icons (lower right corner). Who thought it was a good idea to make the icons (that you click on the most) tiny and blend together?

Looks like after today's patch, the levels will fly by, so I'll probably have to do most of my SL exploration at 60. Went 48-51 in the intro area listening to people talk n' shit

Most of the micro menu shortcuts are keybound, just need to get used to that. I think the only ones I still click are guild and collections as I haven't checked the keybinds for them (and well, they are not used that often).

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Are all six of the main areas on the map (Maw, Bastion, Ardenweald, Zereth Mortis, Revendreth, Maldraxxus) typical overworld zones? Wondering if one of them is PVP or a starting isle or something. Gonna try to spend a couple hours in each one and at least see all of them even if the game is over too quick to do any real leveling in them.

Bastion, Ardenweald and Maldraxxus are regular overworld zones with quest hubs. Revendreth also but it's more vertical than the others, you may want to wait for flying to explore it more easily (there are elevators though).

The Maw is an awful mess of aggro everywhere and no quests to speak of really, it's mostly for killing rares during events, some toys or mounts and pets, and bi-weekly events of covenant invasions.

Korthia is a side of the Maw and it's more of a traditional quest zone, you may like it.

Zereth Morthis is the "Timeless Isle" of this expansion, it's unlocked once you've done everything else normally, but now at 60 it unlocks easily. It's mostly a daily quest hub but it does have a long quest line to get a legendary belt. It's pretty cool visually.

Daidraco

View attachment 443144

Looks like after today's patch, the levels will fly by, so I'll probably have to do most of my SL exploration at 60. Went 48-50 in the intro area listening to people talk n' shit

View attachment 443145
Whoa, Bastion looks REALLY cool...finally free to explore. Wait, nope, YET ANOTHER "talk to NPC and follow them around and listen to them yak" quest.

I guess my write up on them a couple pages back was a bit long in the tooth. My question for you is did they give you the option to go anywhere you please (Click on the big stone that comes up as a map of SL's and click on a zone?) or are you just following the story? If its story, the story will guide you through each zone. If you clicked on the map and could pick and choose, you'll probably enjoy the intro experience of Maldraxxus and the leveling experience of Ardenweald the most. The rest, you'll be 60 before you end up getting to them.

Malkav

French Madman
I guess my write up on them a couple pages back was a bit long in the tooth. My question for you is did they give you the option to go anywhere you please (Click on the big stone that comes up as a map of SL's and click on a zone?) or are you just following the story? If its story, the story will guide you through each zone. If you clicked on the map and could pick and choose, you'll probably enjoy the intro experience of Maldraxxus and the leveling experience of Ardenweald the most. The rest, you'll be 60 before you end up getting to them.

You have to go through the campaign on the first character. Threads of Fate is only for alts.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
You have to go through the campaign on the first character. Threads of Fate is only for alts.

Threads of Fate also doesn't exist anymore as of today, future characters picking Chromie Time : Shadowlands will have to go through the story campaign.

Juvarisx

Florida
I can't imagine doing Shadowlands Chromie Time, too much story and the layout kinda sorta sucks. Having to go back to the hub to change zones is stupid as well. I always liked Mists to level alts after they nerfed the crap out of WoD

Daidraco

They just remind me of a gay .. or the gay.. jar jar binks. If it wasnt for the fucks flying around the damn dungeon trapping me in bad positions with mobs beating the shit out of me, I wouldnt give a shit about them. (Imagine the wall ability from Diablo 3 that elites have. Its that bad. Or Anivia in LOL with her Ice all. Its fucking aids and rarely ever works in the tanks favor.)
4K9P6fQkEG-1.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These writers struggle so hard with identity. It's all they think about. Its fucking existentialism for toddlers. Pick up a fucking Dostoevsky book once in a while instead of crowd funding your xisters 2nd grade english class to write these pathetic dribbles of eye cancer.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

You guys should be ashamed for funding this shit. That must be the gayest cinematic in gaming history.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

You guys should be ashamed for funding this shit. That must be the gayest cinematic in gaming history.
Their marketing team is all over the place. I have no idea which audience they are aiming for from day to day. The team is like two or three times the size of what it used to be, so its just a bloated mess Im sure.

Regardless, my nephew loved that movie when it came out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users