World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Shocked Maya Rudolph GIF

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I honestly cannot understand how anyone can still play this game. I'm guilty as most in that I've bought and played every xpac, but this (from what I've seen on Twitch) is by far that worst of them. Its trash. =/

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That cinematic makes zero sense, it looks like a montage scene ripped from a b movie meant for children. Literally every xpac cinematic before this either showed off the "big bad" or the general threat for the expansion.
So dragons are gay now
I can only imagine how theyre doing to desecrate my girl Alexstrasza.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bastion, Ardenweald and Maldraxxus are regular overworld zones with quest hubs. Revendreth also but it's more vertical than the others, you may want to wait for flying to explore it more easily (there are elevators though).

The Maw is an awful mess of aggro everywhere and no quests to speak of really, it's mostly for killing rares during events, some toys or mounts and pets, and bi-weekly events of covenant invasions.

Korthia is a side of the Maw and it's more of a traditional quest zone, you may like it.

Zereth Morthis is the "Timeless Isle" of this expansion, it's unlocked once you've done everything else normally, but now at 60 it unlocks easily. It's mostly a daily quest hub but it does have a long quest line to get a legendary belt. It's pretty cool visually.

Cool, when does flying unlock?

Did a relatively brief session and flew through 51-54 in like an hour in Bastion. Want to check out Ardenweald next but I don't know how to get there, hopefully it isn't locked behind the Bastion questlines because I think I'll hit 60 before I finish any of those...

I definitely want to check out Zereth. Timeless Isle was one of my favorite places in WoW, got more use out of that zone than any other I think.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I guess my write up on them a couple pages back was a bit long in the tooth. My question for you is did they give you the option to go anywhere you please (Click on the big stone that comes up as a map of SL's and click on a zone?) or are you just following the story? If its story, the story will guide you through each zone. If you clicked on the map and could pick and choose, you'll probably enjoy the intro experience of Maldraxxus and the leveling experience of Ardenweald the most. The rest, you'll be 60 before you end up getting to them.

Yeah, I read it, but it was a bit ago.

Don't remember seeing a map, so I'm following the story...yeah, good chance I'll outlevel everything and just be questing to unlock more places. It's a weird way to do an expansion, trying to just "see it" much less spending any kind of real effort on it in the 3 hours it takes to outlevel it.

I might end up just settling for running every dungeon/raid 1x and flying over all the zones or something...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I read it, but it was a bit ago.

Don't remember seeing a map, so I'm following the story...yeah, good chance I'll outlevel everything and just be questing to unlock more places. It's a weird way to do an expansion, trying to just "see it" much less spending any kind of real effort on it in the 3 hours it takes to outlevel it.

I might end up just settling for running every dungeon/raid 1x and flying over all the zones or something...
Well, now that Shadowlands is part of Cromie time, you are supposed to be able to do 10 to 60 by the end of Ravendeth. If I recall correctly, for "narrative" purposes you have to do the zones in order of Bastion -> Maldraxus -> Aldenwalde -> Ravendeth (spelling is probably wrong, but SL can suck it); that's 15 levels per zone.

Up until today, you could jump around on your second+ character, but that is now gone, so every character has to do those zones, in that order, going forward.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who the fuck OKs these animations. Drathyr would be an infinitely better race/class if you just went around in the human form with wings. It feels kind of like a ranged Ret Pally.

Fuck ever inviting an Evoker to my group. This shit is beyond stupid looking. Clown ass shit.

• 1Tiresome

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I know WoW has always been pop culture filled and somewhat lighthearted with in jokes and satire, but this shit is just fucking carebear as fuck. Actually, I'd rather watch the old Carebear movie than this shit. Even shadowlands had a cool aspect to it. Where are my fucking demons, where are my evil black dragons, where are my undead??? Where are my old god shit? This isn't wow...Its like...Albion Online or something.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That cinematic makes zero sense, it looks like a montage scene ripped from a b movie meant for children. Literally every xpac cinematic before this either showed off the "big bad" or the general threat for the expansion.

I can only imagine how theyre doing to desecrate my girl Alexstrasza.
She has big childlike eyes and freckles now, from a cutscenes I watched, nothing like her previous look.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

You guys should be ashamed for funding this shit. That must be the gayest cinematic in gaming history.
This felt like it was trailer made by Disney. Felt nothing like any previous Warcraft trailer.

I will sadly be buying this though with the current lull in games.

• 3Pathetic
  • 2Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users