World of Warcraft: Current Year

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Blizzard should remove Petrification potions from Hardcore. The meta around them makes them super fake and gay. Or just increase the ghetto hearth timer to like 30 minutes to prevent the abuse of them. Unless you poopsock so hard that you run around with 30 petri potions at all times and sit there.

Why bother? Hardcore is a one-trick pony that isn't really sustainable. And if you're going to remove things that help you, than you'd need to remove/fix stupid things that kill you. Like the elevator in Undercity. Of course, if you did that you'd also be removing a large part of what makes hardcore fun, which is watching people die to stupid shit.

Hardcore isn't about a curated experience designed to make not dying as difficult as possible. It's about throwing the hardcore rule into a game that wasn't designed for it at all.

If they are going to do anything it'd be great if they'd make some QoL changes that have nothing to do with dying. Like Hearth CD being lowered to 30 minutes instead of an hour, and not having to wait a fucking hour for mail, even to/from your own account.

If you think about it, you'll realize that the only tangible result of removing Petri would be fewer players in HC, and more hate for Blizzard.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They should have a "roach" button which you can press if a party member dies.

So you give raiders a tool which allows them to exist, but at a cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
They should have a "roach" button which you can press if a party member dies.

So you give raiders a tool which allows them to exist, but at a cost.
/roach deletes half the pieces of gear worn, at random

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't understand why summoning Geralts horse needs to be a thing in WoW

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why bother? Hardcore is a one-trick pony that isn't really sustainable. And if you're going to remove things that help you, than you'd need to remove/fix stupid things that kill you. Like the elevator in Undercity. Of course, if you did that you'd also be removing a large part of what makes hardcore fun, which is watching people die to stupid shit.

Hardcore isn't about a curated experience designed to make not dying as difficult as possible. It's about throwing the hardcore rule into a game that wasn't designed for it at all.

If they are going to do anything it'd be great if they'd make some QoL changes that have nothing to do with dying. Like Hearth CD being lowered to 30 minutes instead of an hour, and not having to wait a fucking hour for mail, even to/from your own account.

If you think about it, you'll realize that the only tangible result of removing Petri would be fewer players in HC, and more hate for Blizzard.
Sir my enjoyment of watching Hardcore deaths is more important than their gameplay. The existence of the Petri meta lessens my experience kthx.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

This came out this year I guess and was written by a wow level designer. I read it over the weekend. It's a good read and about 150 pages. Can get it for free on Amazon and just an interesting look at the design decisions they made. Also a sign of how bloated AAA games were because the entire WOW dev team wasn't 50 people. They added more QA only in 2004 as they prepared for release.

They also had no idea how popular it would be as their competition of the time represented a fairly small slice of the gaming hobbyist audience.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So the new leaks are probably real for retail and it's exactly what everyone thought. Complete dog shit exact copy of every expansion since Legion.

New continent with 4 zones some quests and reputations with pop culture reference NPCs and some linear m+ safe dungeons and a raid.

Only new system seems to be either just boat mounts for reasons or in the best case a full copy paste of lost ark boating, which probably means islands returning.

I gave them DF being mediocre as a reset but if they fuck up the next one this badly no one will care anymore. This also tracks with new 12 mo bundle right before underwhelming Blizzcon and reveal.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So the new leaks are probably real for retail and it's exactly what everyone thought. Complete dog shit exact copy of every expansion since Legion.

New continent with 4 zones some quests and reputations with pop culture reference NPCs and some linear m+ safe dungeons and a raid.

Only new system seems to be either just boat mounts for reasons or in the best case a full copy paste of lost ark boating, which probably means islands returning.

I gave them DF being mediocre as a reset but if they fuck up the next one this badly no one will care anymore. This also tracks with new 12 mo bundle right before underwhelming Blizzcon and reveal.
Heres the twist - no one cares already. We bitched incessantly about BFA and all its shit systems. We thought the game had hit rock bottom. How could you go from Legion to... THIS? ... and then what happened? They rushed out Shadowlands and ... lost fucking everyone. EVERYONE. During a pandemic where an MMO should have flourished, WOW LOST people. Then Dragonflight came out. Surely that was going to save the day, right? They would take steps away from the formulaic design strategies and do something new? Ha, they just refined the shit systems we already hated in the first place. Added in a fairy fucking dragon and made dragon riding so significant that out of the 1000+ mounts, you're stuck with less than 20 AFTER THE WHOLE EXPANSION - that can actually fly like that. Yes, each expansion had SOMETHING good about it - but Im not about to pretend that any content they put out for retail WoW will harken back to its earlier self. That ship is gone. We saw the tail lights of her car leaving our house.

TL;DR - I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if its a generic piece of garbage thats just a reskinned DF.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am liking the profession system they brought in, and right now they have a loot bonanza going on where you can fill all your loot holes up with frii lewtz 402 gear. 415 if you are patient enough to do your weeklies. You can spackle that shit up to 440 if you are actively raiding as well. 424 for filthy casuals like me.

Daidraco

I am liking the profession system they brought in, and right now they have a loot bonanza going on where you can fill all your loot holes up with frii lewtz 402 gear. 415 if you are patient enough to do your weeklies. You can spackle that shit up to 440 if you are actively raiding as well. 424 for filthy casuals like me.
Last I gave it a chance, they have multiple tiers of "free lewtz" to get, along with enough upgrade mats thrown at you - that by the time you're done with your first weekly rotation of shit - you'll have the equivalent item level of a Mythic 6 or something. Gearing isnt really the issue, anyways - its trying to separate yourself from Bronze League Players enough to get into a gold players group that is going to do a world tour so you can forget all the bullshit. But then, after you put in the time and effort to do that - you'll start to ask yourself... Whats the point?

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Last I gave it a chance, they have multiple tiers of "free lewtz" to get, along with enough upgrade mats thrown at you - that by the time you're done with your first weekly rotation of shit - you'll have the equivalent item level of a Mythic 6 or something. Gearing isnt really the issue, anyways - its trying to separate yourself from Bronze League Players enough to get into a gold players group that is going to do a world tour so you can forget all the bullshit. But then, after you put in the time and effort to do that - you'll start to ask yourself... Whats the point?
That's the existential question you get when you go too deep in the wilderness for any game or hobby in life. The fun is the point. And the only point there ever was. If your hobby stops being fun, it's time for a new one. When my SWTOR sub ends I am done with that. It was good for 3ish months, and I got a shitload of stuff done. Now it is a chore to log in, so I am wrapping up my class stories and last level on my legacy and stamping it with an "I Won" sticker.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>

This is kind of where I’m at with wow. While I’m even more casual than mythic these days, at least the gear resets were every expansion and not every patch now my casual ass gets some free gear and by the time I earned that they just toss me some more free gear it doesn’t even feel like I’m earning it.

Just on a treadmill while I wait for the next gear to replace my gear. I heard you like gear so we put gear in your gear so you can enjoy gear while you gear.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
image.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I feel bad for the person, because I cant tell if its a man or a woman. Given Blizzards previous employee's - that casts even more doubt.

I think she's just old, but who knows these days. I feel like she's been there on art for a while. Outfit ain't doing her any favors. IDK, she was fine, though. Not hype, but not incompetent.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol so the expansion has long lost humans and long lost dwarves fighting long lost nerubians?

It's just a copy of a copy of a copy.

Merrith

"epic" story over multiple expansions...visions/voice saying "hear me". Sounds like FFXIV.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol so the expansion has long lost humans and long lost dwarves fighting long lost nerubians?

It's just a copy of a copy of a copy.

Ya who would fall for this yet again

not me.jpg

"epic" story over multiple expansions...visions/voice saying "hear me". Sounds like FFXIV.

Even the font they used reminded me of 14. I see this as a good thing though, they need to change things up in WoW.

• 1Like