World of Warcraft: Current Year

Juvarisx

Florida
Hey I am glad they are doing the spider zone finally, i think it was a regret from WoTLK not finishing it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
This one seems extremely lame. Gay centaur expansion had new flying mount mechanics and a whole new class. This one is a tiny new skill tree, account wide progress that should be in a patch and soloable dungeons

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I think she's just old, but who knows these days. I feel like she's been there on art for a while. Outfit ain't doing her any favors. IDK, she was fine, though. Not hype, but not incompetent.
This person?

1699046607508.png

You talking shit about Holly Longdale, the former EQ Brand Executive Producer, and reason why so much cool stuff was done on EQ over the years like the Agnarr server?
She's incredible at her job. EQ TLP wouldn't have been able to do as much if they had someone like Dave Georgeson running it still.

• 9Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
This person?

View attachment 498670

You talking shit about Holly Longdale, the former EQ Brand Executive Producer, and reason why so much cool stuff was done on EQ over the years like the Agnarr server?
She's incredible at her job. EQ TLP wouldn't have been able to do as much if they had someone like Dave Georgeson running it still.

Yeah, no, not Holly, but I think Maria? The lady doing the art/factions presentation.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
The new zones and the hero talents idk, not bursting with joy. Feeling I saw all this over the last expansions and I hated the Zaralek cavern for its look and feel

Also the classic seasonal thingie, they presented it as kind of a fun gimmick you play for a few levels and fun and giggles not some way to further progress with classic.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya who would fall for this yet again

View attachment 498668

Even the font they used reminded me of 14. I see this as a good thing though, they need to change things up in WoW.

If they can actually craft a good big picture narrative, would be good for the game. Not something that feels very compelling for me to come back and put faith in, though. But I hope for those still playing it leads to good/better things.

Goonsquad Officer
wow streamers i've watched (who were playing FF) talked about how they literally didn't read any quest dialogue the whole time they played, and were annoyed when anything like a cutscene happened in a raid.

are we sure the wow players will...take to a 'story'?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Cutscenes are fucking irritating and the “story” is whatever the hell it is that I’m doing in the game world. This isn’t a single player rpg, no one should need a hand held narrative.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
[
They even added a Labyrinthos zone!
I think Labyrinthos is the worst zone in MMO history, which is a shame because the second visit is between two very interesting zones with a great story.

It's dungeon is basically Shadowlands done right in 20 minutes, 3 bosses and 6 trash packs though lmao.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Already got an email to pre purchase the new expansion. Be more pathetic Blizzard.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
[
I think Labyrinthos is the worst zone in MMO history, which is a shame because the second visit is between two very interesting zones with a great story.

It's dungeon is basically Shadowlands done right in 20 minutes, 3 bosses and 6 trash packs though lmao.

Spot on

Palum

what Suineg set it to
IDK, at least the story has some sort of terrestrial direction rather than LETS GO TO SPAAAAAACE. Shadowlands was fucking awful.

The systems are OK if a bit... underwhelming. I was expecting something more from this one, since DF was the 'unfuck itself' expac, yet managed to redo talents competently (a MASSIVE job), add a new trans pride class and spec, completely redo trade skills to not be complete shit, completely redo the rep system so it matters again and added dynamic flying pretty well which is a miracle since there's so many ways they could have fucked that one up.

So I'm at a loss for how they could be launching with ... scenarios and islands but underground, the typical talent and skill bloat +10, and some changes to make more stuff account wide?

Am I missing some major pillar here? The only thing I can think of is they are doing mini expacs like that one leak and this is one per year with one major patch and then another expac in 12 mo instead of 24 mo cycle? I would be OK with that, maybe.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Metzen hinted at faster releases for the trilogy, so I'm guessing a year, maybe a bit more, between expansions. Adding dragonriding (I think they called it dynamic flying) to all mounts is also cool. Tomorrow there's a deep dive panel which should shed more light on what to expect.

• 1Like

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Metzen hinted at faster releases for the trilogy, so I'm guessing a year, maybe a bit more, between expansions. Adding dragonriding (I think they called it dynamic flying) to all mounts is also cool. Tomorrow there's a deep dive panel which should shed more light on what to expect.

What did they mean by 20-30 years in the future?

• 1Truth!