Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice QA blizz

1700153814533.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
When the very essence of the TranFag pandemic is to destroy, not to create, you can't expect much to really blossom going forward.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
When the very essence of the TranFag pandemic is to destroy, not to create, you can't expect much to really blossom going forward.

The whole evil can't create, only imitate, desecrate and destroy thing. Sucks that were living in that time.

• 1Tiresome

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
The whole evil can't create, only imitate, desecrate and destroy thing. Sucks that were living in that time.

People today have no concept of evil or what form it can take. That's why they are so susceptible to being victims of it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Better cinematic than Blizzard has done in the past few years

I do miss how the Horde had fucking huge amounts of Testosterone and anger. The shamans were cooking up anabolic steroids and putting it in spice form to season their food. 3 year old orc child? Heres fucking steroids - go get 'em kid!

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I do miss how the Horde had fucking huge amounts of Testosterone and anger. The shamans were cooking up anabolic steroids and putting it in spice form to season their food. 3 year old orc child? Heres fucking steroids - go get 'em kid!
Don't make me tear up, those were better days.
giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Thrall's Balls! .......got neutered somewhere between WOLK and Legion.
While Pandaland didn't help, Warlords of Draenor was the one that just went stupid on the lore/story. They clawed a little bit back with Legion and then straight into the dumpster with BFA.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
While Pandaland didn't help, Warlords of Draenor was the one that just went stupid on the lore/story. They clawed a little bit back with Legion and then straight into the dumpster with BFA.
Wow lore was always stupid. I had the benefit of starting late in wrath, so I didn't have rose colored glasses on from the start and could see the start of hormone therapy. Thrall's marriage in cataclysm was fucking awful, and everything around it just sucked balls. It was a fairly gradual transition, with just faggy elements getting more and more noticeable. Hard to say exactly when they wheeled it in to get its dick cut out and turned into a gaping gaming mustard slash of cringe, but probably around legion is fair.

Burns

Wow lore was always stupid. I had the benefit of starting late in wrath, so I didn't have rose colored glasses on from the start and could see the start of hormone therapy. Thrall's marriage in cataclysm was fucking awful, and everything around it just sucked balls. It was a fairly gradual transition, with just faggy elements getting more and more noticeable. Hard to say exactly when they wheeled it in to get its dick cut out and turned into a gaping gaming mustard slash of cringe, but probably around legion is fair.
Video games rarely approach the best of movie and TV writing, so the bar is much lower.

Warcraft 3 has the best video game story in the RTS genre and one of the better ones overall. So they were able to draw on that up until WotLK, then it was all downhill from there. Cata wasn't great, but it was better than anything outside of Legion post WotLK, probably (I was half checked out of Legion lore because of how shitty previous writing had been).

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Warcraft 3 has the best video game story in the RTS genre and one of the better ones overall.
I'm gonna go out and disagree here. W3 has a fine story on a good game and it stands out in the genre because so much rts writing is utter shite, with rare exceptions like homeworld. Elevating it to the same levels as the best story driven games is just well... not correct. But blizzard at a time understood this, and that's why the stories always had their goofy side.

Not to say that they couldn't give the customer when they wanted back when they understood what they were. Blizzard was the WWE of gaming in a way back then. Sure it was cartoony and gooft a lot of the time, but they could have a character rip of his shirt and go on a testosterone infused rampage, because that is what the fans wanted.

Burns

I'm gonna go out and disagree here. W3 has a fine story on a good game and it stands out in the genre because so much rts writing is utter shite, with rare exceptions like homeworld. Elevating it to the same levels as the best story driven games is just well... not correct. But blizzard at a time understood this, and that's why the stories always had their goofy side.

Not to say that they couldn't give the customer when they wanted back when they understood what they were. Blizzard was the WWE of gaming in a way back then. Sure it was cartoony and gooft a lot of the time, but they could have a character rip of his shirt and go on a testosterone infused rampage, because that is what the fans wanted.
I said one of the better games, not one of the best.

Originally, I started to list what genre's and games had better stories (Adventure/RPGs), which WC3 story was certainly not better than, but then kept thinking of games that didn't fit the mold (like HL2). So, instead decided to just leave it at "one of the better ones overall," since that's general enough to say that if you rank all the games ever made, WC3's story is at a minimum, better than 50% of games ever produced, and probably more likely in the top 25 percentile.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
and probably more likely in the top 25 percentile.
That's fair. I'd probably rank it even higher. It's certainly not one of those games where story is something special, but it is good.

• 1Like