World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The engine has been overhauled a few times. They've added dx11 (mostly for performance gains), 64-bit, shaders, lighting improvements, etc.

The main thing they keep dicking us on is they still cannot give us the ability to turn down spell effects from other players for some fucking reason.
In all honesty, thats all Ive ever wanted. 10 mans are bad enough, but a 25 man is just an epileptic nightmare. The engine itself has never really bothered me as much as it has some other people, though.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I have always liked the graphics. I dont need every game to have the highest degree of graphics possible, I just want it pleasing to the eye. System stability is a bigger concern to me than graphics and WoW runs smoothly.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
So many issues are fixed on the Tauren revamp. Cloaks look insanely better on them now. The braids are moving really well. And their tail juts out more but is visible under a cloak as well! I can't wait to see how they work on trolls, who are easily the worst model right now.

Needless

Toe Sucker
They need to have an option to cover the god damn hoove/toes, then they'll be "good". I always hated that shit. Same thing with Undead, gimme dat Chinese censored undead model

Do you people just find the spell graphics distrcting.. or .. do you actually get lag in this game? lol

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They need to have an option to cover the god damn hoove/toes, then they'll be "good". I always hated that shit. Same thing with Undead, gimme dat Chinese censored undead model

Do you people just find the spell graphics distrcting.. or .. do you actually get lag in this game? lol
I'm curious how much your machine cost you if you're running WoW on the highest settings and getting 60 FPS.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm curious how much your machine cost you if you're running WoW on the highest settings and getting 60 FPS.
I can keep 60 fps all the time, I have an i5 quadcore, 770gtx and a SSD for my Win7 (games are on a different drive, non SSD). I play in 1920x1080 or whatever the fuck is the 24" native resolution. I can mantain this framerate on pretty much every game I have installed, be it single player or multiplayer, if their engines are not shitty.

Keybinds: I prefer by a mile a system like GW2 (hell, even Diablo 3): lots of skills, but only a few a times available to me (GW2 has 15, some classes more).
WoW passes the 2 hotbars easily if you count the bloat of cooldowns and talent stuff. Thanks, but no thanks.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider

Know how I know you don't do Ordos raids?

I drop to 10 fps with a rig identical to the one Miele posted. The outdoor Sha raid was even worse, because of the aoeing of the adds.

But I don't think it has much to do with my system, but rather the game itself simply choking on all of the data it has to feed to the client. I believe it has to slow down to stay in sync. Turning off recount seems to make zero difference, but I've never tried turning off all mods just for shits.

25 man raids I don't ever see a problem, but I doubt I'm getting anywhere near 60 fps. The game simply will not allow it.

Mostly I just want to turn off others spells so I can fucking see though, yes. As a hunter I don't care so much but as a rogue HOLY FUCK was that getting annoying. Deathwhisper ghosts, ha ha, fuck you. It drove me to play mage again, and what a goddamn mistake THAT was.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is it just me or is the amount of datamined stuff for this expansion far surpassed any datamined shit for previous expansions? Just looking at everything mmo-champion has, good lord, I feel like I already know everything that's coming.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider

I drop to 10 fps with a rig identical to the one Miele posted. The outdoor Sha raid was even worse, because of the aoeing of the adds.

But I don't think it has much to do with my system, but rather the game itself simply choking on all of the data it has to feed to the client. I believe it has to slow down to stay in sync. Turning off recount seems to make zero difference, but I've never tried turning off all mods just for shits.

25 man raids I don't ever see a problem, but I doubt I'm getting anywhere near 60 fps. The game simply will not allow it.

Mostly I just want to turn off others spells so I can fucking see though, yes. As a hunter I don't care so much but as a rogue HOLY FUCK was that getting annoying. Deathwhisper ghosts, ha ha, fuck you. It drove me to play mage again, and what a goddamn mistake THAT was.
You're probably right with FPS in 25 men, but I don't raid really anymore and the 3 runs I did in LFR . I spent most of my limited time in WoW doing old content for shit and giggles. The hamster wheel is fun to ride only for a limited time if I can't join heroic-able raid forces.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
One thing that helped me with the graphics so well that it made a night and day difference was running the max camera view command. I can pan out so far now that it's basically like playing an RTS. This really only works with ranged classes but man does it help. Just separates all users enough so that their particle shit isn't massively overlapping.

Melee classes though, yeah, holy shit. I can remember numerous times so much shit was going on particle wise I literally could not see the mob I was fighting anymore.

kaxfenix

N00b
One thing that helped me with the graphics so well that it made a night and day difference was running the max camera view command. I can pan out so far now that it's basically like playing an RTS. This really only works with ranged classes but man does it help. Just separates all users enough so that their particle shit isn't massively overlapping.

Melee classes though, yeah, holy shit. I can remember numerous times so much shit was going on particle wise I literally could not see the mob I was fighting anymore.
I kinda Felt like a fail for the above reason .. Glad its not just me.. Surely there has to be an addon out there that allows like a super target icon or some shit to find your mob in the shit storm of blues, reds, and greens.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea, it has nothing to do with Frame Rate. I just find melee classes interesting and I hate playing them in.. hell, any MMO. At least for one reason or another. Cleave and Overwhelming Particle Effects being the 2 main culprits in WoW. Just fucking sucks that if I want to play a Melee character, I have to play a Tank.

Needless

Toe Sucker

Oh you're entirely right. My raiding hasn't been beyond LFR since WOTLK and a couple heroics in MoP before i said "nope, not a fucking chance and i getting into this shit again". I have no interest in it anymore lol Just from LFR alone i never have issues with frame rates or anything on max settings heh
I do however have issues targeting shit when theres too much going on, but thats not entirely related... but sort of to an extent lol.

elvis_sl

shitlord
So many issues are fixed on the Tauren revamp. Cloaks look insanely better on them now. The braids are moving really well. And their tail juts out more but is visible under a cloak as well! I can't wait to see how they work on trolls, who are easily the worst model right now.
wonder if taurens will finally get some proper boots. and not these weird ankle warmers anymore..

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Is it just me or is the amount of datamined stuff for this expansion far surpassed any datamined shit for previous expansions? Just looking at everything mmo-champion has, good lord, I feel like I already know everything that's coming.
I always wondered why blizzard does not step in. First, stuff is nowhere near final and the mmo champion forum already goes crazy with "that dagger does not look good on my rogue (rouge)" and second nda and closed alpha vs. a public website dedicated to the game.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I can keep 60 fps all the time, I have an i5 quadcore, 770gtx and a SSD for my Win7 (games are on a different drive, non SSD). I play in 1920x1080 or whatever the fuck is the 24" native resolution. I can mantain this framerate...
I have an i7-4770k OC'd to 4.8 Ghz and a 780 Ti OC'd. You do not get 60 FPS in town unless you live on a low pop server. Raiding? Sure, no problem. But if you go into town and there is anymore that 50+ people I'd love to see you maintaining 60 FPS.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The key though is the game never chugs either, outside of a handful of 40 man world bosses. (and even then, only certain ones for some reason)