World of Warcraft: Current Year

stereo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Aside from not having the time, angry Aspie nerd guildleaders with no lives outside of the game is a big reason why I stopped raiding Everquest...

So much this. I love the MMO genre, but man, so many people who play lack rudimentary social skills.

Also, I remember Club Fu from my old EQ days. Met some good folks who sported that tag.

Last edited:

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Went from 92 to 100 in 8 invasions tonight. XP is still not bad if you manage to kill enough mobs on your own.

And god damn, I opened every fucking chest I got since lvl72, and I got almost everything warforged, dps monk weapons both to 725, two fucking INT hammers, but didn't get the INT sword I wanted for the transmog.

And I don't know who told me the Broken shore scenario was good xp, because I did it at lvl98, it was crap xp and now I'm stuck with a 640 ring instead of 700 because that shit scaled down (even though the tooltip was saying ilvl700 when I completed the quest).

Thanks for bringing that up, I was going to wrap up my Horde char on the weekend (lvl94 now) and I would have done that scenario at 98.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What a surprise their scaling shit was bugged.

Thanks for all of the reports on issues with the amount of XP being rewarded.

We were able to investigate and identify that there were indeed a couple bugs with the way XP rewards were being handed out. We’re working on a hotfix that will correct the following issues:
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received when more than 6 players were attacking it.
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received from creatures that scale with the number of attackers.

Once these fixes are live, please let us know how things feel. Again, our intention is for Demon Invasions to feel lucrative as long as players are actively participating in the event, and we believe that, once the correct amount of XP is being rewarded for killing creatures, that will once again be the case.
Things in Azshara were going great, then I went down to Tanaris, and shit was back to being ass due to raid penalties. Then I switched to Mage, and shit was ass in Azshara again as well. No idea wtf is going on.

Edit: yeah, fucking hell, this sucks. Did 4 or so invasions and all but 1 was shit experience. I wanna get my Mage up to 100, at level 94 right now, but fuck... I'm so Salty at Blizzard right now. :(

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
How does that work in terms of your spec? If I want to gear out Guardian Tank and Resto for my Druid... do I have to open some as Tank and some as Resto to get all the gear?

As said by someone else, just changed my loot spec and I was able to get stuff for the healing spec.

Did you just use the 20% garrison potion or did your 'looms all upgrade also?

Didn't even set foot in Draenor with this char. Just full upgraded heirlooms including the ring from the shipyard.

You must have found some low pop, elite rich areas. I am averaging about 3/4 a level per invasion. I cant seem to find enough elites, where there aren't also other people.

I had to run around a lot on some of these invasions. Aside from that, I waited for the second hour of each cycle to to them on this character. A lot less people than when the just popped.

Thanks for bringing that up, I was going to wrap up my Horde char on the weekend (lvl94 now) and I would have done that scenario at 98.

Np. I may try a petition for the hell of it, on the basis that the tooltip clearly stated ilvl700 for the reward.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Buff still works great to kill elites and shit. They didn't ruin it by any means. I'm getting a lvl an invasion at 88 at the moment still.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Correct, it was Pouty. I know some people quit because of him, just that no one ever particularly made a big huff about it. The loots rolled in so people didn't make waves. I wouldn't be surprised if some people paid him for loot rights either because sometimes he'd give shit to people who hadn't played in weeks or more over regular attendees. I could never hack the time requirements either, and I would frequently just quit playing or play unguilded alts to avoid raiding. Surprisingly never got kicked, probably since I'd been around a while and people knew me. Eventually quit / deguilded / fucked around / sold.

I felt like people loved Pouty but that was from an outsiders perspective.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure if it's been posted, but here's a pretty good chart for Artifact progress.

You'll only be a day behind behind if you level an Alt spec's Artifact at the same time. Not too bad.

ZUUThTR.png

ZUUThTR

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I dont know why people cannot grasp heroic Mannoroth, is he that much different from normal for the dps/healers? he is one of the simplest tank mechanics in HFC on par with Kilrogg/Reaver and we had 3 different tanks last night that didn't know to taunt after glaive thrusts that were all at least 720+.

Am i missing something or are these people just joining raids as a tank to get a spot and probably spent the rest of their hfc life as healers/dps?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Mannaroth is literally the easiest fight putside of Killrog for a tank.

Were they not using AM too? Only thing Ican think is tey haven't really played since 7.0 and don't know their new AM skills too

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
no idea, im 715ish and was tanking it fine we had a 728ish bear that kept not taunting. i ate 2 double glaives during phase3 and then he got blown of by shadowforce. I dont even think AM is that needed in that fight if you overgear it that much just dont take 2 glaive thrusts to the face in a row and you're fine.

terrible terrible people.

Malkav

French Madman
Buff still works great to kill elites and shit. They didn't ruin it by any means. I'm getting a lvl an invasion at 88 at the moment still.

Yup, you still one shot normal mobs when it procs and it can do between 20/50% on elite.

You can be unlucky and have a long streak without procs from time to time though.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a guild leader like that. He sounded like he was having a brain aneurysm every night

That seems about right from my experience as second in command for a while. I can only imagine for a bleeding edge raider guild it would make their brains bleed after a bit.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
What a surprise their scaling shit was bugged.

Thanks for all of the reports on issues with the amount of XP being rewarded.

We were able to investigate and identify that there were indeed a couple bugs with the way XP rewards were being handed out. We’re working on a hotfix that will correct the following issues:
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received when more than 6 players were attacking it.
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received from creatures that scale with the number of attackers.

Once these fixes are live, please let us know how things feel. Again, our intention is for Demon Invasions to feel lucrative as long as players are actively participating in the event, and we believe that, once the correct amount of XP is being rewarded for killing creatures, that will once again be the case.

I don't think the hotfix is in yet, but my money is they never intended on players getting 10-30K exp per solo kill either. Like all of their fixes I can only assume that the super exp will be smashed into the ground. Now if I get a few K of exp per kill no matter how many people are hitting the mob then maybe it doesn't matter.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
"We had originally intended for this to be a huge time sink for people to farm cosmetic stuff"

Just come out and say it?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If they really wanted it to be a time sink they should have put a mount that was buyable for like 5000 nethershards or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user