World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, I don't know why people would put up with that crap. I know phat loots is appealing, but come on.

Malkav

French Madman
How long have you been eligible for them to pop? I only just got my shipyard to level 3 so I haven't seen any ring missions pop yet. They're all 90%+ success rate when I do see them, though. Saw something on Wowhead for them that they pop in the top right and bottom left waters on the mission screen so clear those as often as possible. Not sure if it just meant treasure missions or all missions but that's what I've been doing. Blizz will probably remove them from shipyards to be reintroduced at a later date when Legion launches in a couple weeks, with my luck :p

Got it up at the end of july when I got back to WoW.

I got all of them at the top right corner, I was just cleaning every rare mission asap.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Activision CEO, Chairman Sell $709 Million in Shares for Estates

The heads of Activision Blizzard Inc. sold 17.5 million in shares in the video-game maker, raising $709 million for financial and estate planning and cutting their stakes in the company by almost half.

Bobby Kotick, Activision’s chief executive officer, still controls about 20.1 million shares -- a stake of about 2.7 percent -- while Brian Kelly, its chairman, is responsible for about 17.1 million, according to a regulatory filing Tuesday.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I remember being in Jugg on my rogue at the start of MC until like the second week of BWL (killing vael and door not opening). Had to reapply. While in BWL I just left and went to a party because it was my freshman year of college. @Sebudai never talked to me again :(

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I remember the night one of our DKs in Jugg quit. Seb was livid. Later on, around 4am or so, he logs back on and just starts going ham with a rant in one of our guild channels for like 15 minutes. Not to anyone in particular (there were maybe 3 other of us online total) but goddamn it was one hell of a rant. The highlight of course was wanting to cut off the DK's head then piss in his corpse. That's our Seb!

Malkav

French Madman
Went from 92 to 100 in 8 invasions tonight. XP is still not bad if you manage to kill enough mobs on your own.

And god damn, I opened every fucking chest I got since lvl72, and I got almost everything warforged, dps monk weapons both to 725, two fucking INT hammers, but didn't get the INT sword I wanted for the transmog.

And I don't know who told me the Broken shore scenario was good xp, because I did it at lvl98, it was crap xp and now I'm stuck with a 640 ring instead of 700 because that shit scaled down (even though the tooltip was saying ilvl700 when I completed the quest).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went from 92 to 100 in 8 invasions tonight. XP is still not bad if you manage to kill enough mobs on your own.

And god damn, I opened every fucking chest I got since lvl72, and I got almost everything warforged, dps monk weapons both to 725, two fucking INT hammers, but didn't get the INT sword I wanted for the transmog.

And I don't know who told me the Broken shore scenario was good xp, because I did it at lvl98, it was crap xp and now I'm stuck with a 640 ring instead of 700 because that shit scaled down (even though the tooltip was saying ilvl700 when I completed the quest).
How does that work in terms of your spec? If I want to gear out Guardian Tank and Resto for my Druid... do I have to open some as Tank and some as Resto to get all the gear?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Aside from not having the time, angry Aspie nerd guildleaders with no lives outside of the game is a big reason why I stopped raiding Everquest in 2003 and was only sporadic before that anyway. I'll be god damned if I'm going to let some effete dork in real life berate me in a game. The guild I was in for the longest time in EQ (Club Fu, Bristlebane,) as I recall the guild leader for years, was somewhere around 40 years old and lived with his grandmother and I'm fairly certain he never had a job. It goes without saying he was an asshole, lacked empathy, and didn't seem capable of really talking to anyone like two normal humans talk. Very mechanical, no emotion, no finesse. You know, a fucking aspie. Who wants to listen to any of that shit for more than a few minutes. He also seemed stupid in general and didn't even have any kind of talent like some tards get all obsessive and good at. The Sebudai guy in screenshots above actually looks way more intelligent than the guy I'm talking about.

Sounds kinda dickish, I know some of these people probably can't help it, but I don't need to subject myself to it in the name of loots either. I know not all the uber guild leaders were like that though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider

Did you just use the 20% garrison potion or did your 'looms all upgrade also?

Burns

You must have found some low pop, elite rich areas. I am averaging about 3/4 a level per invasion. I cant seem to find enough elites, where there aren't also other people.

How does that work in terms of your spec? If I want to gear out Guardian Tank and Resto for my Druid... do I have to open some as Tank and some as Resto to get all the gear?

I would think so, yes. If you click on your portrait/health bar, you can select a spec to get loot from, w/o switching to that spec.

-off topic-
Aside from not having the time, angry Aspie nerd guildleaders with no lives outside of the game is a big reason why I stopped raiding Everquest in 2003 and was only sporadic before that anyway. I'll be god damned if I'm going to let some effete dork in real life berate me in a game. The guild I was in for the longest time in EQ (Club Fu, Bristlebane,) as I recall the guild leader for years, was somewhere around 40 years old and lived with his grandmother and I'm fairly certain he never had a job. It goes without saying he was an asshole, lacked empathy, and didn't seem capable of really talking to anyone like two normal humans talk. Very mechanical, no emotion, no finesse. You know, a fucking aspie. Who wants to listen to any of that shit for more than a few minutes. He also seemed stupid in general and didn't even have any kind of talent like some tards get all obsessive and good at. The Sebudai guy in screenshots above actually looks way more intelligent than the guy I'm talking about.

Sounds kinda dickish, I know some of these people probably can't help it, but I don't need to subject myself to it in the name of loots either. I know not all the uber guild leaders were like that though.

Pretty sure the GM of Club Fu was named Pouty, so sounds like the name fits! Although I dont remember hearing people leaving Fu cause of him, more of the ridiculous time requirements that top tier EQ raiding required.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Correct, it was Pouty. I know some people quit because of him, just that no one ever particularly made a big huff about it. The loots rolled in so people didn't make waves. I wouldn't be surprised if some people paid him for loot rights either because sometimes he'd give shit to people who hadn't played in weeks or more over regular attendees. I could never hack the time requirements either, and I would frequently just quit playing or play unguilded alts to avoid raiding. Surprisingly never got kicked, probably since I'd been around a while and people knew me. Eventually quit / deguilded / fucked around / sold.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Since the Broken Isles buff was nerfed I've found a way that is just about as lucrative. So far it only works well in the Westfall invasion because the other invasion vehicles kinda suck. Anyway, fly south and hop in a tank, then ride west and spam 1. You literally kill things as fast, or faster (because of AOE), than with the buff and there a ton of mobs tightly packed around the village. I managed about a level and a half on my 94 DK earlier but YMMV.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Dunno if anyone else who came back after a decent absence cares enough but this was good info for shipyard rare missions:

Drakurii

You must have found some low pop, elite rich areas. I am averaging about 3/4 a level per invasion. I cant seem to find enough elites, where there aren't also other people.

I would think so, yes. If you click on your portrait/health bar, you can select a spec to get loot from, w/o switching to that spec.

-off topic-

Pretty sure the GM of Club Fu was named Pouty, so sounds like the name fits! Although I dont remember hearing people leaving Fu cause of him, more of the ridiculous time requirements that top tier EQ raiding required.

Yea Pouty was a female human monk and the dude was a gigantic faggot.

Burns

Since the Broken Isles buff was nerfed I've found a way that is just about as lucrative. So far it only works well in the Westfall invasion because the other invasion vehicles kinda suck. Anyway, fly south and hop in a tank, then ride west and spam 1. You literally kill things as fast, or faster (because of AOE), than with the buff and there a ton of mobs tightly packed around the village. I managed about a level and a half on my 94 DK earlier but YMMV.

I was using the glave throwers to 3 shot elites for a couple days, but with the buffs from SW/Org and the fel proc item from the invasion vendors, I am killing faster with spells and mount. The Westfall invasion may be an exception though.

Yea Pouty was a female human monk and the dude was a gigantic faggot.

Well then, Im glad I never tried for Club Fu, and stayed in Clan of the Roc!

Drakurii

Well then, Im glad I never tried for Club Fu, and stayed in Clan of the Roc!

I log in every few years and only person on my friends list who is ever on is Cougarwulf who I think is still in Clan of the Roc.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What a surprise their scaling shit was bugged.

Thanks for all of the reports on issues with the amount of XP being rewarded.

We were able to investigate and identify that there were indeed a couple bugs with the way XP rewards were being handed out. We’re working on a hotfix that will correct the following issues:
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received when more than 6 players were attacking it.
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received from creatures that scale with the number of attackers.

Once these fixes are live, please let us know how things feel. Again, our intention is for Demon Invasions to feel lucrative as long as players are actively participating in the event, and we believe that, once the correct amount of XP is being rewarded for killing creatures, that will once again be the case.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users