World of Warcraft: Current Year

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't see a single thing in WoD that makes me want to re-sub after my heroic raiding guild took our break in March. Not a single, fucking, thing.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't see a single thing in WoD that makes me want to re-sub after my heroic raiding guild took our break in March. Not a single, fucking, thing.
To each their own. I'm pretty excited about it. It's more of the same, but I'd say if you're still playing a game 10 years post-release, more of the same is exactly what you're looking for.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
To each their own. I'm pretty excited about it. It's more of the same, but I'd say if you're still playing a game 10 years post-release, more of the same is exactly what you're looking for.
But is it really more of the same? The game has changed so much in the past 10 years. I would say 50/50 good/bad split on the changes during it's growth. I dunno, I think maybe after 10 years I'm just finally done.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Heirlooms of Garrosh aren't guaranteed off the first kill right? That will be after the pre-patch that converts it all to WoD raiding tiers?

--

I resubbed a few days ago, decided i wanted to rep my warlock again since i haven't played him since... 5.2 or so? i pretty much only leveled him to do green fire.
I did manage to go from 70k - a consistent 140-150k dps or so in a few days and my ilevel is only ~515ish now? pretty decent i guess!

It kind of makes me sad that they keep getting nerfed in WoD beta though, starting to make me skeptical... but the idea behind AoE chaos bolts is just too godlike.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im in the beta and have played on the leveling server and the 100 server - maybe you have too. I like what Ive ran into so far. There is small stuff thats bothersome, but the over all theme, the garrison, the changes to some of the classes, the changes to raiding tiers, some of the brand new tricky shit that Ive ran into with some of the mobs in the 100 content, the dungeons, all that stuff is fun. Its not exactly the "same shit" and I just dont see how you can have a good grasp of what WoD offers until Blizzard stops all the cloak and dagger shit with content.

Right. I think I had 3-4 garrosh kills before I got an heirloom.
I killed Garrosh on normal for probably a month and a half? Never once got an heirloom. Yet I had people in my guild duel wielding them, and a few people that had gotten 3 or 4. RNG is gonna RNG. :/ Ill be going into WoD duel wielding a a 574 and a 561. Though really, the way they did loot this expansion - I wont upgrade them till probably level 100 with dungeon instance weapons. (Havent been back to take advantage of the 3rd and 4th upgrade available.)

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i've resubbed every xpac and played for 3-6 months but skipping this one, but then again trying to play archeage this weekend made me realize I am probably just done with MMOs
frown.png
still, I enjoy reading about warcraft and will watch the cool raiding videos when its out, and I'm sure in a year or so I'll get an offer to come back and get a free copy of the xpac, a free level 100, and maybe a blowjob from Lady Sylvanas

the thing that blows my mind the most is that Blizzard made a big fuss about how they are going to redeploy a ton of people after Titan got pushed back to wow, and create more teams for live content and stuff. and yet between siege of ogri and WoD its gonna be about a year. When I look at how awesome Square Enix is with Final Fantasy XIV content, its pretty much criminal how bad Blizzard is at content roll out. I think Blizzard is in for a really, really rude surprise at how many people just don't bother coming back for WoD.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Spending all our time talking about what we hate about WoW and still playing it because everything else has nothing to do after 3 months is the quintessential rerolled experience. Nobody wants to be here and nobody wants to leave. There is no God and we are his prophets.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
I dont believe any of you. You guys always end up buying every expac and playing.
Back when WoW launched there were EQ players who loathed WoW and would flame anyone who said anything positive about it. Most of them played WoW themselves under assumed names. It was like closet WoW Sexuals.

Cybsled

I may get WoD (depends if they continue to nerf the fuck out of Brewmasters/trim abilities that are useful), but this will probably be the 1st expansion where I skip the Collector's Edition.

Daidraco

the thing that blows my mind the most is that Blizzard made a big fuss about how they are going to redeploy a ton of people after Titan got pushed back to wow, and create more teams for live content and stuff. and yet between siege of ogri and WoD its gonna be about a year. When I look at how awesome Square Enix is with Final Fantasy XIV content, its pretty much criminal how bad Blizzard is at content roll out.I think Blizzard is in for a really, really rude surprise at how many people just don't bother coming back for WoD.
Ive seen that statement over and over and over, yet it never holds true. Also, I feel like/suspect that there is a pretty high rate of revolving door in WoW. People play it for 2-3 months, stop their sub and wait for new content. I know a lot of people want a game they can play all year, but switching from WoW to other MMO's keeps them all pretty interesting. WoW (and FF14 surprisingly) does a great job at reminding you how much some other MMO's blow donkey dick and make you wonder how or why you leveled a character to 50 in that garbage.

I may get WoD (depends if they continue to nerf the fuck out of Brewmasters/trim abilities that are useful), but this will probably be the 1st expansion where I skip the Collector's Edition.
Ive been in love with Brewmaster since I started playing a Monk and Im right there with you. Its one thing to bring the tank more in line with other tanks (Cause lets face it, BM's are OP in retail right now), but at the same time, its looking like my legs have been taken out from under me as I play the BM on the 100 server. Ill still buy WoD (wait, Ive already bought it), and like Abe said, so will everyone saying they wont - but Im going to be a sad panda if I end up going back to my Paladin or DK for tanking.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Ive been in love with Brewmaster since I started playing a Monk and Im right there with you. Its one thing to bring the tank more in line with other tanks (Cause lets face it, BM's are OP in retail right now), but at the same time, its looking like my legs have been taken out from under me as I play the BM on the 100 server. Ill still buy WoD (wait, Ive already bought it), and like Abe said, so will everyone saying they wont - but Im going to be a sad panda if I end up going back to my Paladin or DK for tanking.
Sounds like every DK I knew after the DK tank nerfs. Bliz makes a class OP so players will play the class then nerf it to bring it in line with other similar classes. Who is still surprised when this happens?

Daidraco

Sounds like every DK I knew after the DK tank nerfs. Bliz makes a class OP so players will play the class then nerf it to bring it in line with other similar classes. Who is still surprised when this happens?
What would remind me of a DK tank when they got nerfed is if I said that I wasnt OP. But whatever floats your boat so you can act superior. Fact is, I do try to play what is the best at the particular role Im playing. Ill be flavor of the month club all fucking day long. Rather than the asshat that sticks by his shit class and "waits" for a buff" as if its going to come in a timely manner. I just like the style of the Monk and was hoping that it wouldnt be totally neutered.

A Warrior or Paladin can take hits way better in WoD right now and its plainly obvious. I really dont think Blizzard has any idea what direction they want to take Monks.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I rolled Monk the night of MoP launch because Tank with Blink sounded amazing. It just so happened to also be ludicrous beyond that, but that only came up after the choice
biggrin.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Curiously this is the first expansion that does not encourage players to make a new alt character and go through the lower content again. In Burning Crusade you had new races and a 'new' class in the form of Shaman for Alliance and Paladins for Horde. Wrath of the Lich King had Deathknights as a new class and even though they started at 50 you had to go through the Burning Crusade levels. Cataclysm had a completely redone lower level experience and two new races in the form of Goblins and Worgen, and Pandaria had both Pandaren and the Monk class.

They encourage some use of alts by giving you the level 90 boost with purchase of the expansion, but that goes even further to eliminating any use of the 1-90 content. Are there enough people brand new to the game to prevent the low level stuff from being a total ghost-town, or are three players who just continually reroll new alts even after all this time?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Curiously this is the first expansion that does not encourage players to make a new alt character and go through the lower content again. In Burning Crusade you had new races and a 'new' class in the form of Shaman for Alliance and Paladins for Horde. Wrath of the Lich King had Deathknights as a new class and even though they started at 50 you had to go through the Burning Crusade levels. Cataclysm had a completely redone lower level experience and two new races in the form of Goblins and Worgen, and Pandaria had both Pandaren and the Monk class.

They encourage some use of alts by giving you the level 90 boost with purchase of the expansion, but that goes even further to eliminating any use of the 1-90 content. Are there enough people brand new to the game to prevent the low level stuff from being a total ghost-town, or are three players who just continually reroll new alts even after all this time?
I think the level 90 boost is a "one time use" thing, and you can buy another for cash (is it $60?). There isn't any way I'd pay $60 to level a character to 90. I'm hopeful it won't be used that often.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Well after a couple weeks of not raiding, a couple of farm runs for more gear and a strat revamp my guild finally got the Garrosh kill on normal - I've been there for every attempt and have about 200 wipes logged. With that I am waiting until 6.0 when they nerf him and hand out free looms before I touch him again.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well after a couple weeks of not raiding, a couple of farm runs for more gear and a strat revamp my guild finally got the Garrosh kill on normal - I've been there for every attempt and have about 200 wipes logged. With that I am waiting until 6.0 when they nerf him and hand out free looms before I touch him again.
Can just pug him if your guild sucks. Regularly 1 shot him in Pugs these days.