World of Warcraft: Current Year

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Actually, the time isle has a vendor that sells 489 weapons at 10,000 coins each. I am at 5k now.
Now that you can buy valor with timeless coins I'd way rather save them for valor later on. That 483 weapon from the Sha I think is guaranteed (at least I've never NOT gotten it the first kill on my alts). ToT weapons also seem to be pretty forthcoming.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Rep has always been a sticking point for me. I put in a lot of work into rep gains back during Vanilla and TBC on my shaman but when DKs came out, i switched characters. The fact that my hard work is not available on my DK (and other alts) annoys me to no end. Yes i know i am probably retarded but its an issue and it (and just general boredom) has kept me from playing since middle of Cata. So eat a dick Blizzard.
I did Netherwing on three characters. It was a sickness that I thankfully was cured of.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure their(/his) "exit strategy" is 'lolz I was just trolling m8' and then wetting themselves when they realise that shit doesn't fly.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Bros how is the monk? Ive played all classes and since im coming back from a giant break I figure why go back to an old class why not give monk a shot, are they getting nerfed to the point where I shouldn't bother?

Also if you're in the beta PM me.

I tried playing a warlock, and its just weird and they seem like they fucking suck now, at least affliction, I miss my instant shadowbolts siphon life etc ETC eTCDETCX!#E$@##@~

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yes my question was from a PVE progression perspective. I'm just looking to get my newb up to 60 so I can convert him to 90 then start working on the legendary cloak quest before WoD comes out. The pet battles just look like a mini-game you do when you don't have anything else to do.
Heh, you better get started soon then! I think the fastest it could be done would be like 2 months, if you had amazing RNG luck, while more realistically it's like 3 months.

Cybsled

Bros how is the monk? Ive played all classes and since im coming back from a giant break I figure why go back to an old class why not give monk a shot, are they getting nerfed to the point where I shouldn't bother?

Also if you're in the beta PM me.

I tried playing a warlock, and its just weird and they seem like they fucking suck now, at least affliction, I miss my instant shadowbolts siphon life etc ETC eTCDETCX!#E$@##@~
Depends which monk spec you play. Brewmaster tanks are very fun to play in MoP and it is a more active type of tanking that does take some skill in ability management. Plus they are mobile as fuck. They're getting nerfed in WoD, but the extent of said nerf is still in flux (right now it is pretty bad from a damage/healing/survivability perspective). I haven't played WW or MW specs too much, so maybe someone else can speak to their current and future states?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heh, you better get started soon then! I think the fastest it could be done would be like 2 months, if you had amazing RNG luck, while more realistically it's like 3 months.
on Titan Runestones... even with the buff, I feel like it's going to take forever. Dang. (feel bad for those that did it all before things were nerfed or added)

Saban_sl

shitlord
They should keep both the buffs up until WoD and remove the weekly valor cap. for serious.

or at the very least let any valor you earn past the weekly cap count towards the achievement.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yes my question was from a PVE progression perspective. I'm just looking to get my newb up to 60 so I can convert him to 90 then start working on the legendary cloak quest before WoD comes out. The pet battles just look like a mini-game you do when you don't have anything else to do.
They should keep both the buffs up until WoD and remove the weekly valor cap. for serious.

or at the very least let any valor you earn past the weekly cap count towards the achievement.
But then people would be less likely to stay subbed!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Look around for the Dread Wastes 450 boa weapons too.http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1751#lost-weapons

I don't think many people look for these anymore. I found 3 in one night when I went out looking for them a couple of months ago.
You can also have really shitty luck. I tried going for that achievement, but fuck me... some of those fuckers seemed like they would never spawn or someone was camping them more than I was.

Its not that bad anymore. Not by a long shot. Weekly points have an end of expansion buff on them. So you get your 1k per week in a fraction of the time. Runestones, sigils, all that shit has a much higher drop chance now, too. Its likely he'll finish in the time period hes thinking.

The only thing is, the cloak isnt going to last as long as people think. "DUNGEON" gear at 100 is 70? 75? ilvls higher than the Cloak, iirc. Even with the effect, it just isnt that good at 100 unfortunately. You're suppose to be able to continue the Cloak Quest line? But thats just a theory. Cause if we know we have a Legendary ring quest.. If the quests are as easy as the MoP Cloak Legendary Quest, and those Legendaries are BiS... .. I guess what Im trying to say is that it seems like it would be fucking lazy to have a legendary quest for both a ring, a cloak, and whatever else they have. Its no longer legendary in my mind, then. Just 50 less items that they have to design at max level.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Like others, I have been getting the urge to resub. How quickly can I jump into pvp? I have a 513 DK (pve gear) that I was mainly wanting to use and a 502 holy pally (in pvp gear) that I am on the fence on. Have been playing a lot of pvp on Molten WoWs WoTLK server but the bugs are driving me away.

Daidraco

Like others, I have been getting the urge to resub. How quickly can I jump into pvp? I have a 513 DK (pve gear) that I was mainly wanting to use and a 502 holy pally (in pvp gear) that I am on the fence on. Have been playing a lot of pvp on Molten WoWs WoTLK server but the bugs are driving me away.
...Right away?...

Daidraco

Sorry havent played since Jan. pve gear is useless in pvp now a days right? I also read you can solo queue in arenas now? And TI coins can be converted to Valor now? Is there pvp gear that you can buy with valor still like before?
Well yea, sort of. But you gotta start somewhere. Grind your pvp gear up to 550 and go nuts.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
The only thing is, the cloak isnt going to last as long as people think. "DUNGEON" gear at 100 is 70? 75? ilvls higher than the Cloak, iirc. Even with the effect, it just isnt that good at 100 unfortunately. You're suppose to be able to continue the Cloak Quest line? But thats just a theory. Cause if we know we have a Legendary ring quest.. If the quests are as easy as the MoP Cloak Legendary Quest, and those Legendaries are BiS... .. I guess what Im trying to say is that it seems like it would be fucking lazy to have a legendary quest for both a ring, a cloak, and whatever else they have. Its no longer legendary in my mind, then. Just 50 less items that they have to design at max level.
Nah, cloak is 608. Normal 100 dungeon gear is 615, Heroics are like 630.

Daidraco

Nah, cloak is 608. Normal 100 dungeon gear is 615, Heroics are like 630.
Last dungeon I did was a month ago and gear wasnt dropping. But Ive seen blue 680 gear on MMO Champion - So I only assumed. If you know though, then you know.

Bruman

Golden Squire
You can also have really shitty luck. I tried going for that achievement, but fuck me... some of those fuckers seemed like they would never spawn or someone was camping them more than I was.

Its not that bad anymore. Not by a long shot. Weekly points have an end of expansion buff on them. So you get your 1k per week in a fraction of the time. Runestones, sigils, all that shit has a much higher drop chance now, too. Its likely he'll finish in the time period hes thinking.

Heh, I only resubbed a couple of months ago. It's still a 2-3 month quest line. I'd have hated to try to do it at release (was 6k Valor originally, wasn't it?). But at most bestest RNG luck ever, it's still:

1 week for sigils
3 weeks for valor
1 week for secrets
1 week for runestones

So that's 6 weeks minimum if every boss dropped everything you needed. But, that's not realistic at all, and while this new buff definitely helps, sigils and secrets still took me two weeks each, and this will start my second week of runestones. And each week I've been lucky and had the buff line up with exactly where I was in the quest line. So that's 9 weeks with the buffs lining up as a realistic example (possibly 10 if I don't get runestones this week, and since I only got 2 last week, I'm not counting on it).

So - 6 weeks if you got leet haxorz RNG, 9-10 if the buffs line up with your steps, more if you have bad luck and the buffs are off. So 2-3 months, with the expansion coming out in less than 3 months.

And yeah, I've heard multiple reports that the cloak will last you to 100 most likely - you might see some higher iLevel stuff in the last zone and in early dungeons, but the legendary stat allocation apparently keeps it pretty viable. But some dungeon cloak will most likely replace it. 10 levels out of the cloak is pretty sweet.