World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think it's one of the expansion's best features, honestly. The arena aspect was brilliant: watching all the failboats die to the first crocodile, seeing people do epic fights with near finishes (or failures), forming impromptu comradery with buff swapping, etc. I'm really looking forward to its continuation in WoD.
The first weekend of Brawler's Guild was the most fun I've had in WoW since Vanilla. It was amazing. CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP!

Itzena_sl

shitlord
What are some maybe not so obvious ways of getting quick honor? Doing ToT dailies and the daily BG. Theres a tol barad weekly win for 300 honor, but other then that i cant think of anything else.
Run scenarios as well then trade JP for honour?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
What are some maybe not so obvious ways of getting quick honor? Doing ToT dailies and the daily BG. Theres a tol barad weekly win for 300 honor, but other then that i cant think of anything else.
Just doing random BGs and bailing on the obvious losers I could usually get like 2k+ honor in 2 hours or less. The queues are generally instant even for DPS.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I had to do the same thing. Weekends generally were better for my server. I also finally just accepted the fact that I wasn't going to be able to just show up and win like I did on the horde side. I did random BGs for a couple hours per night and got close to a full set of 522 pvp gear. Then when I would queue for SM I would inspect everyone right off the bat. If at least 3 other players didn't have pvp gear then I would bail and take the 5 minute debuff vs banging my head on the wall. Keep at it, you'll get it eventually.
Deserter is 20 minutes now so this isn't really viable anymore. Also fuck Blizzard if they think I'm going to farm a full set of PvP gear for this one throwaway quest. I just got a bot program and will leave it on over the weekend, if I get banned then oh well they lost my sub to this inexcusable bullshit.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Deserter is 20 minutes now so this isn't really viable anymore. Also fuck Blizzard if they think I'm going to farm a full set of PvP gear for this one throwaway quest. I just got a bot program and will leave it on over the weekend, if I get banned then oh well they lost my sub to this inexcusable bullshit.
The 5 minute thing is new.Upcoming Deserter Hotfixes for Rated PvP - Forums - World of Warcraft. For normal BGs it will go up in 5 minute increments until it tops out at 20 minutes. At any point it will reset back down to 5 minutes after 20 minutes elapses. I didn't have so many bad randoms that I needed to bail on more than one in 20 minutes so it was never a problem for me.

seanc_sl

shitlord
For the pvp part of the cloak quest, if you can find 10 people you can just war games it. Two groups of 5, let the group doing the cloak quest win, you are done in like 10 mins. That part of the quest became so much easier for the rest of my alts working on it when I discovered you could do that.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
For the pvp part of the cloak quest, if you can find 10 people you can just war games it. Two groups of 5, let the group doing the cloak quest win, you are done in like 10 mins. That part of the quest became so much easier for the rest of my alts working on it when I discovered you could do that.
I wish I could +tuconets you several times. Thank you, kind sir.

Cybsled

Bleh at recent PTR comments. Brewmasters continue to get raped! Fuck Blizzard.

Blackout Kick now increases your parry chance by 10% (was 20%) and your Stagger amount by an additional 10% (was 20%) for 6 sec.
Chi Wave (Brewmaster, Windwalker) now does 50% of AP damage or healing, down from 76%.
Chi Wave (Mistweaver) now does 50% of AP damage, down from 76%. Now does 60% of AP healing, down from 91%.
Expel Harm now costs 2% of Base Mana, down from 3%. Healing amount reduced.
Fortifying Brew now lasts 15 sec, down from 20 sec.

Brewmaster

Brewmaster Training now increases your parry chance by 10% (was 20%) and your Stagger amount by an additional 10% (was 20%) for 6 sec.
Guard now absorbs 900% of AP, down from 1133% of AP.
Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 50% and reduces magic damage taken by 10%, rather than reducing damage taken by 25%.

Guard/heals being based on AP and them removing vengeance means it is fucking worthless anyways, since we no longer get any attack power worth a shit. Oh boy, my guard can absorb 1/10th of a mob hit!

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider

Blackout Kick now increases your parry chance by 10% (was 20%) and your Stagger amount by an additional 10% (was 20%) for 6 sec.
Chi Wave (Brewmaster, Windwalker) now does 50% of AP damage or healing, down from 76%.
Chi Wave (Mistweaver) now does 50% of AP damage, down from 76%. Now does 60% of AP healing, down from 91%.

Brewmaster

Brewmaster Training now increases your parry chance by 10% (was 20%) and your Stagger amount by an additional 10% (was 20%) for 6 sec.
Stance of the Sturdy Ox now increases armor by 50% and reduces magic damage taken by 10%, rather than reducing damage taken by 25%.

Guard/heals being based on AP and them removing vengeance means it is fucking worthless anyways, since we no longer get any attack power worth a shit. Oh boy, my guard can absorb 1/10th of a mob hit!
One less button to push, more energy for kicks
wink.png

Joking aside, I decided to ignore monk for the time being, Mistweaver sucks giant cocks and Brewmaster is being mauled to death.
Very druid oriented for the xpack... still uncertain to be honest. I can't force myself to main a dps-only class, even if I like them.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff

Brewmaster

I don't think this is as bad as it looks. For one, they had to do something about Stagger because 100% Stagger is definitely possible in this expansion and that's just retarded. The new 45% Elusive Brew also meant that 100% avoidance would have been possible at some point in WoD with the old Shuffle as well, so they had to do something about that too. Right now you can actually tank enrages if you've built up enough shuffle to just faceroll on Purify. The high Stagger values you can generally get otherwise let you trivialize a lot of stuff, for example Monks can solo tank Malkorok's Blood Rage. Other tanks can do it now but when that fight was progression it was just Monks.

The AP changes for absorbs hit every other tank as well. Every other tank also lost 33% of their Mastery scaling, Monks didn't lose any. The Sturdy Ox change might actually be a buff, if it works on bonus armor it's definitely a huge buff.

Monks still have both the highest EH and take the least overall damage of all tanks in WoD, since the spell damage stagger talent buffs them from having the worst EH against spell damage to having the best.

elvis_sl

shitlord
depending on your server the karasang wild PVP rares. 250 or so a pop (only once daily though). other than that get a tanky friend and just chain run heroics.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One less button to push, more energy for kicks
wink.png

Joking aside, I decided to ignore monk for the time being, Mistweaver sucks giant cocks and Brewmaster is being mauled to death.
Very druid oriented for the xpack... still uncertain to be honest. I can't force myself to main a dps-only class, even if I like them.
One thing to note is pretty much all the tanks have or are going to get mauled numbers wise its part of the tank squish they are working on and its going to take a bit to see how they work in practice against the NPC changes on how actual survivability will be.

kaxfenix

N00b
My Current Favorite Tank is Brewmaster, but I have a BLood DK and A Protadin so if it doesn't work out I will switch to one of those for the time being.. But I love my Brewmaster.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
for example Monks can solo tank Malkorok's Blood Rage. Other tanks can do it now but when that fight was progression it was just monks
Not true. The trinket from Protectors let any tank solo it on 10man, which our DK tank did last November.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Trying to do step 2 of the legendary cloak quest on Alliance is fucking depressing. Guess how many consecutive Silvershard Mines losses I've racked up trying to finish that goddamn PvP quest. I'm getting close to throwing in the towel entirely as it's basically impossible to ever win this BG, Horde randoms will even stomp Alliance premades.
Are you chain queueing after losses? Afk out of one then requeue in 5 minutes. You probably running with the same scrots over and over.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I noticed when i hopped on the beta that ret paladins got their T16 4P bonus implemented directly into the class via a perk (holy power consuming skills have a 25% chance to make the next divine storm free of cost and deal 50% more damage or something). which is actually pretty damn awesome and brings some nice flavor to the class.

So far i'm pretty damn inclined on maining my paladin, i just need to get some god damn luck for a bulwark to drop for me finally
frown.png
(been farming it for years off and on now..)
I've hated ret since they changed it after Ulduar but it's starting to look pretty damn awesome again

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
One thing to note is pretty much all the tanks have or are going to get mauled numbers wise its part of the tank squish they are working on and its going to take a bit to see how they work in practice against the NPC changes on how actual survivability will be.
Along with the tank squish is a mob damage squish that balances everything out so that tanking ability isn't nerfed. On top of that, supposedly the tank changes also increase the risk to non-tanks taking damage. In other words, if your tank sucks or your DPS can't manage their threat, the chances of healers and DPS with aggro dying are greater.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
In theory it also means that if they do pull agro they should be less likely to spontaneously combust on a single hit like they do now. It has gotten where a tank is just so much more sturdy than anybody else they worked their way in a corner where the only way to be dangerous to a tank is with stupidly high spike burst damage and make it nasty enough to threaten a tank means nothing else has a prayer of surviving a hit. Looser agro was fine back in the original classic wow when the tanks were only 3 or 4 times tougher than non tanks not 60 or 70 times tougher.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you think druid tanks will be super strong now?

And does this mean warlock and shaman will be able to offtank again?

Needless

Toe Sucker
And does this mean warlock and shaman will be able to offtank again?
when were they ever able to do that effectively? other than like... Illidan for a warlock lol
and like.. a shaman in wailing caverns with vanilla rockbiter weapon

Is there a fight in SoO where this is used or something?