World of Warcraft: Current Year

Menion_sl

shitlord
You have time. Start it. Even with shitty luck, you can get everything pretty quickly now with bosses having mandatory drop of wish/stone/relic blah blah blah. Itll be far more beneficial to you than you think.
Not sure why they waited all this time to tell us they were taking the cloak quest out. It would be pretty tight to get it all done on time before the expansion. The major holdup would be the 3K valor requirement that is going away in 6.0.2.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why they waited all this time to tell us they were taking the cloak quest out. It would be pretty tight to get it all done on time before the expansion. The major holdup would be the 3K valor requirement that is going away in 6.0.2.
Granted, I'm pretty lucky, but I definitely did 10/12 runestones on 2 different characters in a single week with the gaze buff. I also got something ridiculous like 18/20 secrets in one week. It's very doable to get the cloak quest done if you start now.

Menion_sl

shitlord
I wish I could play beta and determine whether or not I want to play my paladin or go back to my druid that I've been going back to for like 8 years. shiet. Either way, hit 82 a bit ago on my paladin, probably going for 85 tonight.
I am having a hard time looking at the stable of characters I have and deciding what I want to main as in WoD. My main holdup is everything changes in 6.0.2. So getting a feel for the classes and making a decision or relearning how to play them again is kind of pointless until that patch launches.

Right now it's probably between my Mage, rogue or hunter.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well no matter what I play it's going to be heals, I know that. It is kind of nice to know some people aren't sure what they actually want to main in a way though, sort of feels like every class is getting an improvement no matter what. Exciting.

& Do I actually have time for the cloak on a brand new character? I've never done it at all so I'm not sure how long it takes. I don't want to get super close and then the quest be taken out of the game, lol. I do want the cloak though. Just cause.

Rime

<Donor>
Do I actually have time for the cloak on a brand new character? I've never done it at all so I'm not sure how long it takes. I don't want to get super close and then the quest be taken out of the game, lol. I do want the cloak though. Just cause.
You have two to four weeks to work on it now, which should get you easily up to the 3k valor part, which is being removed in 6.0 Live. So you then have 3-5 weeks after that to complete it. If they keep the Black Prince buff up, it is more than enough time, even if RNG hates you and shits in your pocket every day. If they remove the Black Prince buff, it will be hit or miss, depending on how RNG favors you.

xzi

Mouthbreather
We'll see. RNG forever hates me, maybe things will change for once! Maybe. One can dream.

But that sounds good, just gotta go hit 90 now. Thanks for the response, btw

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We'll see. RNG forever hates me, maybe things will change for once! Maybe. One can dream.

But that sounds good, just gotta go hit 90 now. Thanks for the response, btw
The first part of the quest (Power and Wisdom sigils) can drop from ANY boss in ANY raid except the last 6 in Siege of Orgrimmar. Assuming you're willing to run them all in the same week, you should have absolutely no problem getting all 20 that you need and be on the 3k valor step (and tragically finished with it right around the time they'll be removing it).

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
What I want to know is, is there any reason for anyone to not just run 2 gathering professions? From what I can tell, the NPCs in your garrison can make the epic shit for you. Or you can just buy it on the AH since its all boe.

The only perk to having actual crafting professions seems to be being able to make the epic reagents with your daily cooldown, but that's something you can have an alt do.

In comparison, there's no flying in WoD until 6.1. That means herbs and ore will be a PITA to farm and thus will be astronomically expensive. Anyone remember how much thorium went for in vanilla? Yeah.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Playing in beta tells me one thing: I have less hotkeys and it's embarassingly hard to evaluate an item after the stat squish, I just have to get used again to small stat gains, I guess.
I'm 100% sure that I'll play all classes to the level cap (as I always do), but as raiding main I'm still undecided, because, for the first time ever, I dig the various class changes, even if I'm sad for a few skills that are no longer available. There are some derp moves from Blizzard part, such as priests losing their only CC skill from the baseline (Psychic scream) and getting it as a talent on a 45 seconds cooldown, which is pissing me off, or the loss of fun and useful skills like monk's Clash, but in general they seem to have a done a decent job with pruning.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
So with the cloak quest being removed, how will the Timeless Isle factor into all of this? Especially Ordos...

Re: RNG .. that bitch hates me with the fire of a thousand suns. My warlock and warrior are decked out on Ordos stuff (minus one or two pieces on warrior that wouldn't be huge upgrades), while my priest and paladin have 1 or 2 pieces each. Guess which chars get 2x gold every week...

One runestone to go on the warrior, will get that tonight. 20 secrets and 12 runestones on the priest, doable. 12 sigils, 20 secrets, 12 runestones on the paladin... ugh. Might not get his cloak.

I did manage to get into a few 10N Garrosh groups on my warlock (ilvl 564 - I was going to buy a carry but at this point I feel like fucking myself in the foot, 564 shouldn't need to buy a carry). We did not so bad a few times but in the end all I got out of it was a repair bill. One day...

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
In comparison, there's no flying in WoD until 6.1. That means herbs and ore will be a PITA to farm and thus will be astronomically expensive. Anyone remember how much thorium went for in vanilla? Yeah.
Did Blizzard release that info recently about flying in 6.1? I was under the impression flying would never be enabled for WoD.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did Blizzard release that info recently about flying in 6.1? I was under the impression flying would never be enabled for WoD.
From what I am reading, a lot of players think that Blizzard will cave into the masses complaints about a lack of flying and program it back in.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So with the cloak quest being removed, how will the Timeless Isle factor into all of this? Especially Ordos...
Just like every obsolete content. It'll lie there, fallow, unused and all that.

As usual, once an expansion hits, all the previous content is considered obsolete. Can't do Ordos? Why would you do Ordos at level 100?

(note that the "for transmog" has an answer with the Garrison, apparently)

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Put it on the Black Market once every couple weeks, that should make for some fun freakouts.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
There has been blue posts saying they are planning on adding flying in 6.1, or possibly later.
I wouldn't mind if flying would be completely disabled for a long time. It makes the open world more immersive and gryphons are still there for those who afk the travels.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
What I want to know is, is there any reason for anyone to not just run 2 gathering professions? From what I can tell, the NPCs in your garrison can make the epic shit for you. Or you can just buy it on the AH since its all boe.

The only perk to having actual crafting professions seems to be being able to make the epic reagents with your daily cooldown, but that's something you can have an alt do.

There are perks to having jewelcrafting, blacksmithing etc. For those two professions there are the epic gems and the sockets you can create. I seem to recall seeing a table somewhere that listed what each profession had as a benefit and iirc they all worked out to +320 of a stat. For example with jewelcrafting you can make and equip two gems with +320 int/str whatever instead of 160, leading to +320 whereas with blacksmithing the two extra sockets allow you to equip two extra +160 gems also making +320. +320 of a stat isn't a huge amount but for min/maxers, which most on this board are, it is important to consider.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are perks to having jewelcrafting, blacksmithing etc. For those two professions there are the epic gems and the sockets you can create. I seem to recall seeing a table somewhere that listed what each profession had as a benefit and iirc they all worked out to +320 of a stat. For example with jewelcrafting you can make and equip two gems with +320 int/str whatever instead of 160, leading to +320 whereas with blacksmithing the two extra sockets allow you to equip two extra +160 gems also making +320. +320 of a stat isn't a huge amount but for min/maxers, which most on this board are, it is important to consider.
Apparently crafting perks are gone in WoD. The +320 is the MoP bonus. This is what I read, don't think it's been changed.

Radge_sl

shitlord
On the topic of Wrathion and lore, he did not see this coming at all, so I doubt he had anything in mind for it.

As stated, Varian was intended to kill the leaders of the Horde, then destroy all of the individuals that kept fighting, before absorbing/enslaving/whatever the rest of the Horde into the Alliance, so there would be a single 'unified' front for whenever the Legion comes/we go after the Legion.
That was Plan A. After it epicly failed due to Varian being a giant pussy, Wrathion moved to Plan B. He tricked Kairozdormu (a Timewalker bronze dragon) to assemble an Evil SuperGroup of Evil (The Infinite Dragonflight, Dragonmaw Clan, a fuckton of Pirates, and a ton of old-school Horde quest-givers). They attacked the Trial of Garrosh, and in the confusion Wrathion freed Garrosh (although Wrathion was careful to not kill any guards). Kairozdormu and Garrosh go back in time, while rest of Evil SuperGroup of Evil died or retreated.

That was all from the novel that is set in-between Pandaria and Warlords. Its surprisingly readable.

You really have three ring-leader's of Garrosh's escape, all with different plans and goals.
- Garrosh just wants to put the True Horde back together, and return to the original timeline to get revenge. Because he's a dumb asshole.
- Kairozdormu (The Timewalker) knows that the Burning Legion is coming, and intends to create an SuperHorde by opening an infinite number of time portals to recruit an infinite amount of orcs.
- Wrathion is now an Enemy of the State in Azeroth, and is running for his life. His ultimate goal appears to be to unite the Horde and Alliance together, by creating an enemy that is too powerful to take on alone.