World of Warcraft: Current Year

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
No bro you don't get it, they can just rent servers and provisions VMs and poof it is solved.
It's called 'surge'. I work launching software to the public; every time we have a big update we increase capacity temporary with several of our 'hosting' vendors. 300k systems downloading patches and updating and so far it's working great, when the 'surge' is over we release those resources back and we get charged by the time (just like an utility)

Blizzard is one if not the biggest gaming company in the world, and for them not to have this down, after 10 years and 5 expacs, it's mediocre.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Seriously? On a major news site they had a headline about a WoW player reaching level 100.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seriously? On a major news site they had a headline about a WoW player reaching level 100.
There's ways to get xp that aren't affected much by the server issues. Show me someone with a rank 3 garrison (or hell, even a full rank 2 one) and I'll be impressed.

It's called 'surge'. I work launching software to the public; every time we have a big update we increase capacity temporary with several of our 'hosting' vendors. 300k systems downloading patches and updating and so far it's working great, when the 'surge' is over we release those resources back and we get charged by the time (just like an utility)

Blizzard is one if not the biggest gaming company in the world, and for them not to have this down, after 10 years and 5 expacs, it's mediocre.
My opinion on the matter is: if you can't get your own shit together, then you should be paying Amazon to do it for you. Whatever load Blizzard is experiencing right now is nothing compared to what Amazon handles every year from Black Friday to New Year's, when Netflix releases a new season of a popular original show, etc.

What pisses me off is that I just had my leveling experience from 20-90 shit on by CRZ overcrowding every step of the way, but they refuse to CRZ the new zones and end up with servers that are practically ghost towns while places like Stormrage have ~120k alliance (and <2500 horde, lol) and it's unplayable.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Got a cross realm invite to Ysera and was able to play for an hour trouble free. Tried to turn in a quest and I couldn't do it. Server started lagging badly, got kicked out and now I'm in a 2 hour queue.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Flight paths are so buggered. I've been hovering in the middle of a flock of 20 other players outside the garrison for the last half hour.

Vorph

Queue on Stormrage has said anywhere from 20 to 260 minutes. Actual time to get in took about 90 minutes (14:45 to 16:15) and I'm sure it will get much, much worse as people get home from work, log in after dinner, etc.

Edit: That was just to get past the queue, still in a holding pattern trying to get past the black screen 'Retrieving character list' thing.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Queue on Stormrage has said anywhere from 20 to 260 minutes. Actual time to get in took about 90 minutes (14:45 to 16:15) and I'm sure it will get much, much worse as people get home from work, log in after dinner, etc.

Edit: That was just to get past the queue, still in a holding pattern trying to get past the black screen 'Retrieving character list' thing.
I got past that.. and am trying to load into game but that doesn't appear to be happening either. Been trying for 30 minutes now

Vorph

Yeah, now it's "blue bar fills to 90% then stops for 10 minutes before a Character Not Found error pops up".

addlemixie

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah. Proudmoore queue expected time is anywhere from 230-430 minutes right now. And when you're in, we have every griffin in a holding pattern over the garrison like it is 9/11 or something. It is pretty crazy.

Did somebody say queue?
TVcbnsI.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't forget, a shit ton of people got MOP beta access when they paid for a year of WoW (plus got diablo 3 for free), so I'd be willing to bet a lot more people "saw" it before launch and decided against it.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_82187.jpg

But hey, lets all give them a break, launching an expansion is not easy! especially the first time! and also when you're brand new and have very limited funding!