World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was thinking about picking it up until I read the last 4 pages. Hah. Maybe if it's on sale for black friday some where.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
About questing in the expansion:

It seems to me (I'm 98 now) that all there is to it is 'kill x,yz' or 'bring me z,y,z' I remember MoP and say Cata where you had awesome quests where you got on ships or something and killed things. We only did one at the beginning with the Tank (I play alliance) and that... was it. It has been 'kill this, move to the next and kill more'. Disappointed so far.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Fantastic, sometimes when I'm farmvilling a plant will go aggro and I have to kill it, it drops like 15 herbs though so I don't mind.
Happens in the wild too, any little shit that spawns when you're herbing will drop massive amount of herbs.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does leveling up the mine and herb garden make them turn into some kind of super spawning farms? I can only click mine once a day at level 1 and it takes minutes to do everything I need to do for the day.

Like does level 3 make it so you have to spend an entire hour in there doing maint?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Does leveling up the mine and herb garden make them turn into some kind of super spawning farms? I can only click mine once a day at level 1 and it takes minutes to do everything I need to do for the day.

Like does level 3 make it so you have to spend an entire hour in there doing maint?
Garden guideRoughly 50% increase in lootable nodes per upgrade. Level three gives you a fruit tree with flask like consumables.
Mine guideMiner's Coffee and Preserved Mining pick significantly speed up the daily run through your mine. Node count increases by 7 per upgrade. Mining carts added at level 2 which drop ore also.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean though I spend all of 5 minutes if that doing the mines, garden, and missions when I log in. Is that going to ramp up from 5 minutes to hours or are people just making it sound worse than it is?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
About questing in the expansion:

It seems to me (I'm 98 now) that all there is to it is 'kill x,yz' or 'bring me z,y,z' I remember MoP and say Cata where you had awesome quests where you got on ships or something and killed things. We only did one at the beginning with the Tank (I play alliance) and that... was it. It has been 'kill this, move to the next and kill more'. Disappointed so far.
My experience has been very limited due to just being busy in addition to the queues (though last day or so, no queues) but what I do like is the fact I find myself helping people. I don't know how many people have asked me, or me asking them, to kill a bounty, clear bonus objective, etc. I'm sure I could put my blinders on and go full steam ahead but at the pace I have kept myself, which is super casual, it has been a very nice experience. I just assumed that all quests will be this way in any MMO in terms of objectives and rewards but at least it has been a good time. I've really like the story thus far. It's been a long time that I haven't skipped a cinematic.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
No I understand; but one of the things we were discussing last night on guild chat is how, even though I'm the great know it all commander of the expedition... I'm gathering herbs and things like that for some alchemists. Shouldn't a Peon be handling that?

We are sent to kill over and over and pretty much EXTERMINATE everything in Draenor. I'm no vegetarian in real life but Jesus, think what would've happened if Humans make their #1 priority to kill every single animal/herb etc on all continents.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
No I understand; but one of the things we were discussing last night on guild chat is how, even though I'm the great know it all commander of the expedition... I'm gathering herbs and things like that for some alchemists. Shouldn't a Peon be handling that?

We are sent to kill over and over and pretty much EXTERMINATE everything in Draenor. I'm no vegetarian in real life but Jesus, think what would've happened if Humans make their #1 priority to kill every single animal/herb etc on all continents.
To add to this I thought it was a little ridiculous that the gryphon master in my garrison is charging his own commander (me) gold just to ride on his birds. I thought the guy worked for me but I guess you got to put food on the table somehow.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I mean though I spend all of 5 minutes if that doing the mines, garden, and missions when I log in. Is that going to ramp up from 5 minutes to hours or are people just making it sound worse than it is?
Probably just a smoothe double on that 5 minutes at rank 3.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait why is Ogrim Doomhammer GREEN!?

As for factions not mattering, thanks Jaina for trying to bar me from your little outpost. I only exterminated the Blood Elves for you BITCH. It's like she thought I was Horde flith, which by the way Khadgar are letting run every-fucking-where...

Vitality

HUSTLE
Wait why is Ogrim Doomhammer GREEN!?

As for factions not mattering, thanks Jaina for trying to bar me from your little outpost. I only exterminated the Blood Elves for you BITCH. It's like she thought I was Horde flith, which by the way Khadgar are letting run every-fucking-where...
My horde character and khadgar are bros we're going to go get an epic ring later today.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I did sort of assume that this garrison crap would be automated for you after a point, since they talked about that exact annoyance with the farm.

You should be able to skip up to x days without losing out.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Upon further investigation of reasons to keep the Barracks, if you choose a warlock follower to hang out with you in draenor they will be able to summon your friends to you at rank 3 (bodyguard rank). Rank 2 and they summon an infernal.

Another one can open a portal back to your garrison (2nd hearthstone)

Libra_sl

shitlord
Is Tanaan Jungle (level 100) open yet? I can find no way to get in there except for riding over the water past Zangarra in Talador but I'm hitting invisible walls everywhere.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is Tanaan Jungle (level 100) open yet? I can find no way to get in there except for riding over the water past Zangarra in Talador but I'm hitting invisible walls everywhere.
No, they didn't finish it or Plains of Farahlon (Netherstorm) yet. Expect more cancellations like Neptulon raid and Azjol'Nerub!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So if you have Barracks and ask dudes to come on 'patrol' with you, they act like a pet and attack shit with you?

Vitality

HUSTLE
So if you have Barracks and ask dudes to come on 'patrol' with you, they act like a pet and attack shit with you?
Yeah dude, they have to have the bodyguard trait, they seem to be just a small set of followers you can get.

The patrol thing is just for someone to walk around with you around your garrison, may or may not be invasion related. (Asking someone to patrol with you and assigning someone as a worker at your barracks with the bodyguard trait are two different things)

Various different classes. The warlock one nukes shit and summons infernals and what not. The priest I think heals you while you're out and about. Looks he might act as a mailbox too or something related to a carrier pidgeon. (can't go to wow db to check cuz @ work)

Malkav

French Madman
Yup, followers with the bodyguard trait can be assigned to lvl2 Barracks and then you can ask one to go with you in outdoor Draenor. And it kills stuf. If you kill enough stuff with it, it unlocks abilities (like garrison portal, warlock portal, able to manage your missions in the field, and so on).