World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Do followers with a tradeskill perk gain XP from working at a trade skill building or do you have to take them out of the building and have them do missions (and thus lose out on bonus work order production) in order to level them up?

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Do followers with a tradeskill perk gain XP from working at a trade skill building or do you have to take them out of the building and have them do missions (and thus lose out on bonus work order production) in order to level them up?
Guildmate said earlier that they can't level up while assigned, so unless someone contradicts this I'm taking this as needing to level them to 100 first.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Allright I figured out the method for trapping - beat mob down to under 50, take off running a bit, poop out trap and lead mob into it.

axeman_sl

shitlord
You can also put those traps anywhere. I've been trolling people in groups by slapping traps down on top of them during boss fights and laughing as they scramble away.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guildmate said earlier that they can't level up while assigned, so unless someone contradicts this I'm taking this as needing to level them to 100 first.
They only need to be assigned at the time you go to open the crate to get your materials. You can send them on missions the rest of the time, just make sure you don't send them on a 10 hour mission when you need to collect your shit.

Re: discussion about bunker from a few pages back --Jeremy Feasel on Twitter:(Bunker definitely does not affect the chance of followers getting upgraded.)

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They only need to be assigned at the time you go to open the crate to get your materials. You can send them on missions the rest of the time, just make sure you don't send them on a 10 hour mission when you need to collect your shit.
Nice to know, was wondering if they needed to be assigned during the whole work order or not. Thanks!

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Holy Paladins seem so fucked right now.
Mobility is definitely a massive issue, every other healer can do so much more on the move, but Hpal gets like one skill that we can use moving and it isnt even that good. The heals also seem to have the heal amounts tuned for us having like 60% mastery, except now its more like 20% and even spamming heals its hard to keep people alive on mundane trash pulls.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Here was boat for MoP. Which was awful for the first maybe 6 hours and then worked fine.
*small elite force*

rrr_img_82679.jpg

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing a warrior who is dpsing in gladiator stance? I'm hearing many good things about it, even out dpsing fury and arms spec warriors.

Menion_sl

shitlord
So, I sat down today and figured out that I need 6300 more garrison resources to level all my buildings to T3. I don't currently have a trading post or lumber mill. Ya....I am fucked. Even after finishing all the zones and killing all the rates it's still going to be weeks of relying on my garrison crate to finish this up.

I need my barn for bloods eventually and I really like the inn so far too much to give it up. Being able to recruit a follower to my specs each week is nice and so are the daily dungeon quests. I even got Millhouse to pop up in my inn today and give me a quest to get him as a follower. Too bad the servers took a dump as we were zoning into UBRS to complete it.

Really wish they would give you resources for completing dungeons etc. a nice daily quest for 100 resources would be nice right about now!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So, I sat down today and figured out that I need 6300 more garrison resources to level all my buildings to T3. I don't currently have a trading post or lumber mill. Ya....I am fucked. Even after finishing all the zones and killing all the rates it's still going to be weeks of relying on my garrison crate to finish this up.

I need my barn for bloods eventually and I really like the inn so far too much to give it up. Being able to recruit a follower to my specs each week is nice and so are the daily dungeon quests. I even got Millhouse to pop up in my inn today and give me a quest to get him as a follower. Too bad the servers took a dump as we were zoning into UBRS to complete it.

Really wish they would give you resources for completing dungeons etc. a nice daily quest for 100 resources would be nice right about now!
It seems like prudence suggests you go trading post and lumber mill until you have a stockpile of resources and then trade out one of those for the barn to get everything capped earliest. I'm still not sure what to do with my third small... is salvage good at all?

Vitality

HUSTLE
It seems like prudence suggests you go trading post and lumber mill until you have a stockpile of resources and then trade out one of those for the barn to get everything capped earliest. I'm still not sure what to do with my third small... is salvage good at all?
Salvage is widely considered the best third slot after you get your 2 prof buildings.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It seems like prudence suggests you go trading post and lumber mill until you have a stockpile of resources and then trade out one of those for the barn to get everything capped earliest.
Blood is way more important than having everything at rank 3 imo. Barn is the first thing I build on every character.

Malkav

French Madman
Blood is way more important than having everything at rank 3 imo. Barn is the first thing I build on every character.
I don't intend to go straight to heroic/mythic raiding, so fuck the barn and crafted gear for all I care.

Plus, if you really want enough blood to do ANYTHING, you need to have like 10 barns running non stop. Soooo...NOPE.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't intend to go straight to heroic/mythic raiding, so fuck the barn and crafted gear for all I care.

Plus, if you really want enough blood to do ANYTHING, you need to have like 10 barns running non stop. Soooo...NOPE.
Pretty much this. Crafting gear with blood may be needed for the guild pushing world first, but for anyone else in a less bleeding edge guild, you're going to get the same gear or better from raids really quick anyway. It's an insane amount of effort just to crank out a single piece of 655 crafted gear. If I went through all of that headache, then got the same slot from a bonus roll on day 1 of raiding, I'd break something.

Besides, at least from my brief browsing, bloods look obsolete as soon as you get gear from raids, unless they patch in more uses in the future.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Holy Paladins seem so fucked right now.
I'm definitely feeling gimped as fuck at the moment and can't even imagine doing a heroic yet. Which is fine, the xpac just came out, but until everyone decides to learn how to avoid taking damage when they're not the tank, this shit is going to suck. That said, feeling gimped and feeling useless are two totally separate things and so far I've managed to not let anyone die so it's in an okay spot for me at least I guess.