World of Warcraft: Current Year

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I kind of want to make a healer (have a warlock at 100 and DK at 100, so dps and tank are covered), but no clue what to make. Pallies seem pretty meh. I like shaman but no idea if they are good healers, could do druid as well. Monk would be awesome, but I understand they are kinda bad too (plus no more fistweaving?).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I kind of want to make a healer (have a warlock at 100 and DK at 100, so dps and tank are covered), but no clue what to make. Pallies seem pretty meh. I like shaman but no idea if they are good healers, could do druid as well. Monk would be awesome, but I understand they are kinda bad too (plus no more fistweaving?).
At the moment, Shaman is in the pooper. Priest and Druid are top of the heap. Monk healing mechanic's don't fit in well with the current fight design. But mileage may vary I guess. Druid is a league above everyone else though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
monks are far from bad, stack as much multistrike as you can and they become awesome. I think they'll be incredibly good once they get their tier pieces too.
I'm like 90% sure i'm going to swap my mistweaver as my main, much funner than prot pally and probably more needed than him as well since everybody and their mom seems to play a paladin now.

I'd say you need to be on the ball with this class though, you can't really just hit wild growth, rejuv and sit back.. you always need to be doing something to maximize chi gain, which gets you more mana tea, and heals etc.

Druids are by far the kings, but monks are pretty damn underrated imo.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So whose getting their DPS axed in the inevitable patch? My money is on MM hunter, Ret and Monk. They are in a league of their own compared to the other classes.
Glad war was #1 on every encounter in MC. I couldn't touch him.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I know blizzard is known for stupid nerfs, but i really hope they don't flat out nerf the top dps atm (mm hunters, dks, ferals, ww monks) because theres no reason to. They just need to take the proactive approach and fix the other classes.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Disc priest 100%

Druids and shamans are half of what they used to be.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'd love to play a rogue again but I feel as a warrior I have more direct impact on carrying a terrible group. Or at least I did in vanilla and TBC.
First thing you need to do is stow that fucking attitude. You aren't a one man army in current content (healer, tank or dps), maybe once we're in 6.3 and tanks are soloing heroics. Right now, a good healer still can't heal a group of dipshits, or keep that tank alive that doesn't mitigate and over pulls. A great tank can't keep himself alive if the healer is retarded, or too busy attending to the dps and himself standing in shit. DPS can't put shit down fast enough that it doesn't matter what you stand in, or how good the healer is, or how badly the tank can mitigate because it's only alive for 5.4 seconds.

TL
biggrin.png
R- you ain't carrying shit right now bro.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eeeh? A good tank / healer can still carry. Not sure which game you think youre playing. A dps drops dead? Meh, big deal. Tank or heal doesnt pull their weight? Gluck.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Managed to bronze UBRS challenge last night, felt good. Looking forward for more of those. Also had a crazy lucky day yesterday, picked up Gronn and Clefthoof mounts. Now if I can pick up that heroic bow and the auch trinket I'll be set for raids next week.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Enchanter building in Garrison seems to be giving dust for the blues now. I think prior to today, I was only getting shards. I just disenchanted 6 blues and got draenic dust on all but one. It was giving 5 to 8 dust each. Makes it much easier to fill enchanting work orders.

Railin_sl

shitlord
I like my resto shaman, it may not be the flavor of the month healing class but its still pretty solid. They are going to be doing some more balancing so im not going to jump ship. I cannot stand flavor of the month wow players. My friend is one, he saw Bahjeera playing a glad warrior and was jizzing all over himself. If they ever end up being nerfed, he will say the games bullshit and quit until he comes across another OP class raping face on youtube.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Enchanter building in Garrison seems to be giving dust for the blues now. I think prior to today, I was only getting shards. I just disenchanted 6 blues and got draenic dust on all but one. It was giving 5 to 8 dust each. Makes it much easier to fill enchanting work orders.
Oh baby that's a big deal if it's true. Do you have enchanting? Let me dig for a hot fix... because if I can't DE my blues on my enchanter into dust I'll be pissed.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh baby that's a big deal if it's true. Do you have enchanting? Let me dig for a hot fix... because if I can't DE my blues on my enchanter into dust I'll be pissed.
I don't have enchanting on my Warlock(I do on priest). This was using the cauldron in the enchanting building.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Since I wouldn't have a ton of time I'd be mostly interested in low queue times. I assume that either tank or healer have the lowest times? I'd love to play a rogue again but I feel as a warrior I have more direct impact on carrying a terrible group. Or at least I did in vanilla and TBC.
There's a few things to this. First, the dungeons are abysmally short compared to vanilla/TBC. 20-30 minutes max.

Second, a good tank really makes everything easier, quicker, and more efficient. A great tank will clear a dungeon in record time - they really set the pace of the group. Heroics it starts to get a little hairier as you actually need to make sure your healer is healing you.

DPS are a dime a dozen, and good ones can surely speed up a run but not like a great tank will.

Source: Been tanking since release day of vanilla.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Second, a good tank really makes everything easier, quicker, and more efficient. A great tank will clear a dungeon in record time - they really set the pace of the group.
Yea -- a good tank might have a hard time carrying four bads... but at this stage in a new expansion, a tank is the ONLY role that could possibly carry four bads. It doesn't matter how shit hot you are on heals/dps, if you have a shitty tank then your dungeon run is going to miserable and probably doomed to failure. This changes later on as gear inflation triviliazes content into faceroll status... but even then, people are pretty conditioned to follow the tank and the tank sets the pace.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thats right bitches, follow my brewboss to greatness!
rrr_img_83354.jpg

Or total failure. Depends how i feel that day.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A shitty Blood DK can carry 4 other shitty players! Champion of the people!

Switched mains from my Monk to my DK with the expansion because our mythic team was going to have 9 bloody Agi DPS people rolling on loot, with 6 of them being Leather. Really, really missing Roll and Flying Serpent Kick.