World of Warcraft: Forever

Juvarisx

Florida
6,409
9,230
He definitely has Blizz in a tough spot. His gang is a huge disruption, but they can’t kick them out.

I’m more worried about dungeons. What they are doing doesn’t make sense to me.

We all ran dungeons for xp because some level ranges lacked quests. Well….they are adding tons of new quests to those lvl ranges, thus fixing their problem.

Secondarily, they are adding lots of new dungeons, which is a lot of work. But, their xp changes (both on mobs and now quests) makes those dungeons unappealing to run other than the novelty of seeing them.

Leave dungeon xp at the level it was during classic and everything will be fine. Nerfing the xp rate makes no sense.

They want to get people into the world and out of dungeons. So with the quests etc they are at-least worth doing once each for that, and if there is gear you like you can do them more for that but they dont want what happened in classic where people just sat afk and got carried the entire way up to 60. They could have removed xp if you were using a carry I guess but people do run their friends through dungeons, so this was their compromise.
 

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,923
131,991
Something must be done to curtail the dungeon spam boosting that has existed in every iteration of Classic. In addition to getting people out of the world.Ban

People are absolutely whining because they can't find the most efficient and fastest way to level 60... already. It's annoying.
 

Penance

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
10,835
20,756
Grouping should always be the best method for everything. Who cares if sweats sit afk getting plvled. It literally affects nothing.
 

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,923
131,991
Grouping should always be the best method for everything. Who cares if sweats sit afk getting plvled. It literally affects nothing.
You get bonus XP for being in a group to begin with. It says this in the game right now.
 

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,587
14,184
Honestly, I think people getting carried is a non-issue that was turned into one by people who don’t or can’t. It affects NO ONE if bob the lazy whale wants to pay for a SM or MARA carry. Who fucking cares?

What it has done is make dungeons worse for everyone else. I fucking love running dungeons. It’s more fun than solo questing in the open world. Cooler gear drops and there is interaction with people as well as more interesting mobs.
 

Kaines

Potato Supreme
20,148
57,333
They want to get people into the world and out of dungeons. So with the quests etc they are at-least worth doing once each for that, and if there is gear you like you can do them more for that but they dont want what happened in classic where people just sat afk and got carried the entire way up to 60. They could have removed xp if you were using a carry I guess but people do run their friends through dungeons, so this was their compromise.
This is simply false. The only quests worth doing in a 45 - 90 minute dungeon run would be the capstone quests. And those usually require the final boss. So SWtOR style dungeon skips will become the norm. The "loot" from dungeon quests have all been nerfed into the ground. And wasting time getting nearly 0 XP for level 30 blues that will be replaced with level 40 overworld quests is also a complete waste of time.

If Blizzard just wants everyone solo questing to 60, they have created the perfect scenario for that.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
6,409
9,230
Grouping should always be the best method for everything. Who cares if sweats sit afk getting plvled. It literally affects nothing.

Honestly, I think people getting carried is a non-issue that was turned into one by people who don’t or can’t. It affects NO ONE if bob the lazy whale wants to pay for a SM or MARA carry. Who fucking cares?

What it has done is make dungeons worse for everyone else. I fucking love running dungeons. It’s more fun that solo questing in the open world. Cooler gear drops and there is interaction with people as well as more interesting mobs.

Generally I agree here. I also get they they are trying it, but its something that if its super unpopular long term I can see them moving off of.
 

vGrade

Potato del Grande
2,019
3,101
I had planned to play on a Pve server solely to stay away from the Olympus nonsense but it looks like this entire forums is all about that energy so I may have to reconsider
 

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,923
131,991
I personally think a Dungeon Fatigue diminishing return debuff on XP would be the most elegant solution to this if they perceive it as such an issue. But maybe there are things that I am not seeing here.
 

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,923
131,991
I had planned to play on a Pve server solely to stay away from the Olympus nonsense but it looks like this entire forums is all about that energy so I may have to reconsider
Roll RP rules dog. That's where I am going to be.
 

Kaines

Potato Supreme
20,148
57,333
People worried about Olympus make me chuckle. You all do understand that on November 19, Asmon will stop playing WoW and his guilds will shatter completely? Two weeks of "disruption" would be small price to pay to play on a rule set and faction you actually want to enjoy and then you'll likely never deal with these idiots again.
 

vGrade

Potato del Grande
2,019
3,101
People worried about Olympus make me chuckle. You all do understand that on November 19, Asmon will stop playing WoW and his guilds will shatter completely? Two weeks of "disruption" would be small price to pay to play on a rule set and faction you actually want to enjoy and then you'll likely never deal with these idiots again.
/Remind me 48 days