World of Warcraft: Current Year

Jox

Molten Core Raider
15 eye was a walk in the park, tried and failed a 15 upper kara earlier in the week and it was a very painful experience on tyrannical.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I know we get 930 or whatever gear but my drive to do mythic+ is so low. I didn't even do A SINGLE mythic+ this week

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, we tried a 13 upper kara and it was fucktarded.

I mean, volcanoes during flame wreath??? and if you die you fucking kill everybody. Pretty anti-fun on Tyrannical lol.

I'll get back to 15s in a few weeks when we outgear it once more. I'm just gonna get haste rings anyways so not like it matters

Rime

<Donor>
A few of the dungeons at higher levels are just rape-trains with current gear. Either of the Kara dungeons, Maw of Souls, and Cathedral are garbage at 13+, let alone Tyrannical. Halls of Valor is do-able, if you can survive/beat the first boss, you can get through the rest of it.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
What's making you run out of brews? Don't think I've been in that situation...ever..

he hits hard and to not need an external I am essentially purifying + expel harming every hit. I still have ISB up but when first intermission starts for example I am verryy strained thin. Killed it though and my monk now look super sexy with the new green staff skin

51xHNWy.jpg

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
We ran a +17 Kara which is probably one of the most obnoxious things to run with this weeks affixes. the flashlight from the ushers drops the entire party to 50% hp so if they cast it while raging itll probably kill someone. Maidens holy shock one shots dps if they stand too close to anyone else, and you have to burst her shield with lust or its a wipe. Shared suffering on attunmen eats about 75% of my hp + fills up my stagger we only killed it because of battle rezzes and cooldowns. seems dungeons anything over 12-13 is tuned for full 930ish gear.

we downed KJ last night with a 14 man group, after about 4 wipes at <5% we pulled out heads out of our asses. this fight is way easier with a smaller group, i think we had 4ish soaks + the tank soak as opposed to the 7+ you get with a 23 man group.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
we downed KJ last night with a 14 man group, after about 4 wipes at <5% we pulled out heads out of our asses. this fight is way easier with a smaller group, i think we had 4ish soaks + the tank soak as opposed to the 7+ you get with a 23 man group.

We did most of our regular raid night with 27 people and it just wasn't happening, half the time we couldn't even make it past the transition into P2 because people were messing up the Armageddon soaks (mostly getting juked by Burst and then moving out before Armageddon actually landed). Swapped down to about 20 and went an extra 2 hours past raid and were getting to P3 consistently. I think if we had just gone down to 10 of our best members he would have died within an hour of first pull. That fight definitely gets much harder very quick the more people you have because of Armageddon.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the Armageddon damage scales with # of people + the number of soaks + the number of people that need to be in the beam. its a rough combination of things that increase so having an extra healing cooldown here and there doesn't help as much since there is so much more damage going out. with 18ish people we were lusting after the first intermission to push him before the 2nd tank reflection spawned, on the kill we lusted right after intermission2. the final phase is by far the easiest part of the fight as long as you dont screw up the fire orbs. you get a lot of free dps time on the boss when he channels the darkness of a thousand suns, and the tank stacks rarely get above 3-4.

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
thinking of forsaking my fury dream to chase the arms dps :(. those numbers just look sooooo good

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The scaling feels very weird in ToS, maybe it's just me. For instance in normal with 10 people we basically ignored every single mechanic in the entire place. We went back with 25 and couldn't ignore mechanics anymore because the damage was too high.

tezzuka

Arms/fury is ridiculous at the moment. warriors have the top 35 parses on KJ.

I was doing some research and it seems arms is slightly ahead of fury, but not worth respecing. i hope that i can coin out some gear this week and get a boost! but i dont think this dps will last, they will nerf fury/arms just like they do with prot lol.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
[11:21:27] Loot Specialization set to: Arms

I mean, I already have the bracers/gloves for prot and the helm/legs for fury. So, why not, I guess.

tezzuka

[11:21:27] Loot Specialization set to: Arms

I mean, I already have the bracers/gloves for prot and the helm/legs for fury. So, why not, I guess.
I wish i had the helm and legs. only issue is prot/fury share stats, so my gear is shareable for the most part. if i went arms, welp....would be a lot more work i think.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Arms uses mast/haste/crit (in that order) at the moment so some of your port gear would be fine.

crit lost value due to trauma not critting anymore. as more warriors get 4pc and legendary helm warrior arms damage is only going to increase.

tezzuka

Arms uses mast/haste/crit (in that order) at the moment so some of your port gear would be fine.

crit lost value due to trauma not critting anymore. as more warriors get 4pc and legendary helm warrior arms damage is only going to increase.

well hot damn. it might be worth switching just for something new. then i can do what lenaldo suggested and transmog the arcanite reaper

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The scaling feels very weird in ToS, maybe it's just me. For instance in normal with 10 people we basically ignored every single mechanic in the entire place. We went back with 25 and couldn't ignore mechanics anymore because the damage was too high.

Yeah, Desolate Host was a big wtf when we actually had to do mechanics. lol

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Are those stats over even strength. Havnt really started looking into modern stat weighting. Last time i had to care +hit was still a thing.