World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm excited just to see if it 's like the planets on Destiny vanilla - where it's an entire fucking planet but the area you can play in is 10ft x 10ft

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
7.3 from the devs.

“Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced…”

Welcome to the Patch 7.3 Public Test Realm! After the events on the Broken Shore and inside the Tomb of Sargeras raid (no spoilers!), it’s time to take the fight directly to the Legion’s home world of Argus. We’re really excited about this update, and are looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback as we head into public testing.

Most (but not all) of the new stuff in 7.3 takes place on Argus—and as you might expect, this is hostile territory. Demons patrol every crag of Argus’s shattered surface, and sometimes it seems as if the planet itself is out to get you. This will be a very story-driven update, but we’re also designing areas with sandbox elements intended to be enjoyed even after you complete the main quest, with gameplay and challenges on the planet’s surface reminiscent of past endgame areas such as the Molten Front, the Isle of Thunder, and the Timeless Isle.

One of the first things you’ll encounter to help you navigate the Legion’s home turf is the Vindicaar: a vessel that will serve as your mobile base of operations—and one of your few safe havens—on Argus. Aside from giving you direct access to a number of 7.3’s new features, the Vindicaar will also be your primary method of transport behind enemy lines. Argus is a no-fly zone, similar to the Timeless Isle, so to help make sure it’s still easy to get around, the Vindicaar will give you access to an extensive network of teleportation hubs (similar to flight paths, but without the travel time).

There are three main areas to explore on the planet, the first of which is available for testing on the PTR today!

Also in this first build are the first couple of chapters of the 7.3 storyline, and some new and improved casting animations for Restoration Druids, Elemental and Restoration Shaman, Discipline and Holy Priests, and all three Mage specializations (and yes, that includes Arcane Missiles). As with previous patches, player feedback is very important to us as we work to update these animations, so we’re really looking forward to hearing what you think.

(Note: Shadow Priest animation updates are also on the way for 7.3, but aren’t working yet in this build. In fact, some spells are likely to have no animations at all right now. That’s only temporary while we finish getting the new animations ready for PTR testing.)

Other major content that’s contained in Patch 7.3 but not yet complete in this build includes:
  • Further chapters of the Argus storyline, including many cinematic story moments
  • New World Quests
  • Professions updates, including epic gems
  • The Netherlight Crucible, which allows you to upgrade your Artifact to unlock a new way to customize your Relics
  • New dungeon: Seat of the Triumvirate
  • New raid: Antorus, the Burning Throne (though as with other Legion raids, it won’t be released immediately with 7.3)
  • Invasion Points, a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds
  • Several other improvements and updates to existing features

As the PTR process continues, we’ll provide updates with each build on what’s new. Thanks, and happy testing!

I'm curious to who the fuck the end boss will be? KJ + Archimonde? Don't these fuckers just go respawn at Argus when we kill them? If the last raid is just every big demon we've killed I'm going to be so fucking disappointed.

The whole reason illidan wanted to take the fight to argus is if you kill the demonic eredar there they are dead for good. Fighting them anywhere else is basically fighting a holding pattern nothing you do matters because it won't kill them but if you can go to where they come from in a planet soaked in the nether kill them there and they are destroyed for good. So I would not be shocked to fight a lot of old favorites one last time because this time when they die they are gone for good in theory.

If you can manage to wipe out all the eredar on argus in theory that would be a pretty massive blow to the legion.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm excited just to see if it 's like the planets on Destiny vanilla - where it's an entire fucking planet but the area you can play in is 10ft x 10ft

So far it looks like the one part we can see is tanan/broken shore size so decent intial area size wise and apparently a couple more zones in addition to that one.

I assume the ones where you go to different worlds to fight something are going to be pretty small things though.

Also we can complain about blizzard but this expansion has had both a LOT more content added for it than the last one and at a pretty reasonable pace so they seem to at least have learned some lessons.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
so to help make sure it’s still easy to get around, the Vindicaar will give you access to an extensive network of teleportation hubs (similar to flight paths, but without the travel time).

And be about as ineffective and useless as almost all of the portals in Shal'aran in Suramar. Also, sometimes load times can be worst than flight times. Sounds great if they're insta-ports, but I somehow doubt it.

Man oh man, Blizzard has really hit it out of the park aesthetically with Argus! I love the grey, rocky cliffs, green lava, and draenei spaceship architecture. So much awesome stuff we've never seen before and certainly aren't fucking sick of.

To me it really felt like an amalgamation of Serpentshrine Caverns (Lady Vashj raid), old Dwarven structures (several of the rooms reminded me of Ulduar), and Black Temple with the ambiance and everything looking all fucked up and broken.

*Edit, I'm an idiot. I thought you said Tomb, not Argus. Woops.

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the broken shore quest line was bad, and barely fit as content. my complaints however weren't with the architecture and green/grey/spaceships, it was with the story telling. It looks like they are promising a lot more action in the story now, and we'll actually move the story forward a little more.

KJ should be 100% dead since he died in the twisting nether, i'm assuming archimonde is probably gone too (because magic). Varithmas and Sargeras are probably the big bads on Argus.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The whole reason illidan wanted to take the fight to argus is if you kill the demonic eredar there they are dead for good. Fighting them anywhere else is basically fighting a holding pattern nothing you do matters because it won't kill them but if you can go to where they come from in a planet soaked in the nether kill them there and they are destroyed for good. So I would not be shocked to fight a lot of old favorites one last time because this time when they die they are gone for good in theory.

If you can manage to wipe out all the eredar on argus in theory that would be a pretty massive blow to the legion.

Argus is essentially a Cylon resurrection ship.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: Argus

211b.jpg

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Frakking Eredar. They look like Draenei. How are we supposed to know the difference?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I sure hope the bosses don't pop up on the bottom of the screen and intimidate me with how strong they are. That part of wow is really too scary for me to deal with, no matter how great the story telling that comes with it. I barely made it through diablo 3 with all the chilling popups.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Varithmas and Sargeras are probably the big bads on Argus.
Assuming Argus the Unmaker is really a codename, rather than the real reason Sargeras came there. Because the alternative theory that's now floated is that Argus was a proto-Titan, like Azeroth, and Sargeras did double dip by destroying a proto-Titan and enlisting some of the most powerful beings.

Except, of course, he didn't fully succeed, and we're going to have to finish the job and destroy the stuff of his nightmares: an Old God-corrupted proto-Titan.

Told ya, at one point, we break the Burning Legion, and... start leading it to do the job "correctly", instead of letting that Sargeras clown and his lieutenants fail all the time. Never let a God do a man's job.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Argus is a no-fly zone, similar to the Timeless Isle, so to help make sure it’s still easy to get around, the Vindicaar will give you access to an extensive network of teleportation hubs (similar to flight paths, but without the travel time).

I love this little gem.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
All it means is that there will be a huge land mass of areas that will have tons of mobs with nothing really worthwhile and the teleporters will give you "access".

xzi

Mouthbreather
Called that no flying thing immediately when they even mentioned Argus, not surprised lol

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The no fly zone at least initially is expected. Hell I am not sure if even now you can fly on timeless isle.