World of Warcraft: Current Year

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
yea, probably going to swap my warrior to the new troll when that comes around, ill have to see the nightborne animations before i decide on moving the monk/rogue over.

Yeah I really like the idea of elves without the terrible posture/animations of BE's on Horde, but atm they just have generic NE casting animations, which are possibly even worse. If they get good casting animations I could definitely see myself swapping my mage over to nightborne.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really really hope the void elves do not share the female BE spine breaking idle animation where they lean awkwardly to the side and tilt their head. I love the BE model but that idle animation bothers the shit out of me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Simulationcraft Results

Feels rogue man :(

700k seems like a pretty big difference. I remember TOS simulations being way closer then that. Although I guess it's end of tier and obviously certain classes scale better with iLVL and obviously sims don't tell us the whole picture but I always hate seeing a pure DPS class at the bottom no matter who it is, unless you're a hunter. Cause fuck those guys.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I would look over the talents/gear before judging, Windwalker looked suspicious for sure. The talents and legendaries didn't make sense to me.

Some of the other classes seem a little off too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I would look over the talents/gear before judging, Windwalker looked suspicious for sure. The talents and legendaries didn't make sense to me.

Some of the other classes seem a little off too.
Warlock is a little funky, I don't know anyone that uses siphon life on single target

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the legos for WW are correct there, the way the 4p bonus interacts with the helm is better than the other options. the jury is still out on ascension.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
These early release simulations haven't been very accurate so I wouldn't put too much value in to them. Pretty sure the rankings will look very similar to ToS when it all shakes out for the respective fight niches. They aren't really doing anything at core class levels to change the dynamics of class scaling.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pantheon-trinkets-infographic.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It seems like contrary to the obvious, the lego is going to be the easy one to get and generally not the best for most classes. It seems like the lego rings from wod where you are going to get +5ilvl each week or w/e so you will start higher ilvl to hit 1000 quicker off mythic but you can still get them on norm/heroic?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
We don't really know how to get the Lego yet it could be just as rare as the heroic guldan mount or it could be a 100% drop. Most tanks will want to wear the Lego over the tank trinket.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It seems like contrary to the obvious, the lego is going to be the easy one to get and generally not the best for most classes. It seems like the lego rings from wod where you are going to get +5ilvl each week or w/e so you will start higher ilvl to hit 1000 quicker off mythic but you can still get them on norm/heroic?
Considering we don't know where the Lego one actually drops, or how, I don't think we can assume it'll be the easy.one to get. It's also op being the wildcard. I know they're saying for most people non lego.performs better but I'd have to see that.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Simulationcraft Results

Feels rogue man :(

700k seems like a pretty big difference. I remember TOS simulations being way closer then that. Although I guess it's end of tier and obviously certain classes scale better with iLVL and obviously sims don't tell us the whole picture but I always hate seeing a pure DPS class at the bottom no matter who it is, unless you're a hunter. Cause fuck those guys.

I'd trust those results about as far as I could kick them.

Compare the t20 sims as of *now* (after hundreds of revisions, bug fixes, apl updates to make it match reality closer) vs reality

Simulationcraft Results

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The values in these pictures refer to logs uploaded to warcraft logs in the past 2 weeks for the 90 percentile.
Heroic and Mythic, sorted by overall.
Values mean % difference from the average.

heroic.png

mythic.png

Keep in mind some of these fights are very short right now which skews the numbers a little bit.
Still it gives an ideia of which specs perform particularly well in any given type of fight.
If you take a look at what each spec is going to lose/win going from t20 to t21, how well it scales and the type of fights in Antorus you might get a better ideia of performance in the next tier.
I would imagine that we will be seeing some buffs/nerfs going into Mythic week.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It is really odd, to me anyway, that so many years after launch there are still 4 classes (Mage, Warlock, Rogue, Hunter) that support only one role while others (Monk, Druid) support all three. I would have thought by now that they'd come up with some variant for Mage and Warlock that allowed for healing and for Rogue and Hunter that allowed tanking.