World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Can they make my thunderfury moggable now that we can buy a toy thunderfury with charges every year for very minimal effort?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How long does 1-100 take to level nowadays? I'd be fully heirloomed and tank/heal spec for dungeon queues. Anyone done it recently?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How long does 1-100 take to level nowadays? I'd be fully heirloomed and tank/heal spec for dungeon queues. Anyone done it recently?

You get about 1.5 levels per run until you get into TBC where it starts dropping to maybe .75/run if you're not banking rest, so extrapolate that based on average run time.

xzi

Mouthbreather

My warrior is at 75 with 20 hours /played but realistically probably about 18 or so hours. Goes by kind of quick.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember a few expansions ago listening to a hunter podcast where they talked about how awesome it was to pet tank current tier raids. Of course you needed a fucking amazing hunter, and a very good (and willing) guild, but I always enjoy it when people push games to the limit in this way.

But speaking as a hunter myself, do you seriously.. SERIOUSLY.. want your average huntard to be able to queue for the tank slot in LFG and LFR? Yeah, thought not :D

Funny thing my first group of friends in wow all made hunters as our first characters. We managed to do every dungeon up to zul'farak with it. It would be way easier to do now given pets are a lot better overall and easier to control than vanilla was. That said still have good memories of the five of us on top of the pyramid in zul'farak multishotting down the steps for our lives in that event during vanilla.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Tank/Heal should be insta-queue between the two specs. Sometimes healers insta-queue sometimes tanks do during leveling but it isn't always insta-queue for one or the other.

However, tank spec is going to be better for you because fully heirloomed tanks usually do more damage than anybody else in the group while levelling and can kick the shit out each dungeon basically by themselves, which makes clearing go a lot faster. If you queue as a healer and get stuck in a gimp DPS group it can actually take a bit of time to slog through some of the dungeons.

The real hurdle is the WoD content. That will take the longest unless you have some of those 15 minute duration 300% potions (or buy one). It's the difference between WoD taking like 20 hours and WoD taking 2 hours. If you've never done it before you go to Gorgrond at 92 and clear 99% of all the bonus objective areas (leave one objective unfinished at like 9/10 done or whatever) and kill the 8 (I think it's 8) Gorgrond elites that drop quest starting hand in items. Then you pop the potion and fly around finishing up the last objective (hope you got WoD flying) at each of the bonus areas and hand in your quest items. That should get you to 98 in full heirlooms at which point you can head to the Broken Isles. I usually clear out 1-2 bonus objectives in Talador as well because you usually have enough time left on the potion to get some of those in too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I might do that. I don't have WOD flying but I think all I'm missing is a little rep (seriously like 4k). I'll just buy the tokens for it

Also 99% of the time I'll tank. I mean it's my blood. Plus I hate relying on tanks in dungeons

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are Windwalker Monk's still terrible? I seem to be doing alright in LFG/R at ilvl 905, but everyone else might just be incompetent.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I would agree WoD is probably the worst part of leveling if you want to go fresh. Khane Khane is correct about the potion and cheesing through those levels.

Another option for anyone wanting to get back into the game or level new characters is that Bliz just put Legion on sale which comes with a level 100 boost, if you activate a 2nd license on main account you can use the 100 boost on your main account. Also with activating a second wow license you can RAF up the 300% extra XP and also get one of the RAF mounts as long as you load a token or two on it. It also gives your main license a free month doing this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Are Windwalker Monk's still terrible? I seem to be doing alright in LFG/R at ilvl 905, but everyone else might just be incompetent.
They don't bring anything to the table and I find they're hard to play, but I think in general their dps is good.

• 1Like

Khane

Another option for anyone wanting to get back into the game or level new characters is that Bliz just put Legion on sale which comes with a level 100 boost, if you activate a 2nd license on main account you can use the 100 boost on your main account. Also with activating a second wow license you can RAF up the 300% extra XP and also get one of the RAF mounts as long as you load a token or two on it. It also gives your main license a free month doing this.

I've done this so many times when they have sales like this. It's why I now have 5 WoW accounts.

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I would agree WoD is probably the worst part of leveling if you want to go fresh. Khane Khane is correct about the potion and cheesing through those levels.

Oh I might just do this then. I didn't realize legion is for sale. How much?

Khane

$25 on battle.net

If you do it make sure to put the new WoW account on the same Battle.net account as your existing WoW account.

If you don't care about the level 100 boost base WoW is on sale for $9.99 and you'll still get the RAF bonus exp perk (and other perks if you subscribe on the new account for 2 months).

Don't forget if you level the 2 accounts together using the 300% RAF bonus it will not only be way faster but the new account can grant your paladin on your main account free levels as well. You get 1 free level to grant every 2 levels on your new account. So a level 90 character can grant 45 levels (but can only grant up to level 90 max, unless they finally changed it to allow going all the way to 100 with it)

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Great way to level up through WoD is to hit up those battle objectives, especially if you can get lucky with one that has a quest in that spot.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

I think they are ok and have always pulled fair/decent numbers. They have had crazy strong AOE damage all game, I am not sure where they fall but I don't recall them ever being at the bottom or top this xpac. Not having played a monk the most I hear is that they just aren't as fun to play for the return.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They don't bring anything to the table and I find they're hard to play, but I think in general their dps is good.

Correct. They scale like garbage, have little practical utility and the worst part is they are heavily reliant on the encounter design not fucking them over. They have HuUUUUGeEE ramp up with combo strikes and if they go serenity (not sure if it's still top) any fast placed encounter can ruin huge portions of your dps due to cc/void zone/etc.

They are just not very adaptable. They can of course still be played at a high level and be fine in everything except maybe bleeding edge content where they don't fit in a particular encounter, but I've ditched WW in Legion for those reasons and wouldn't recommend it.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
$25 on battle.net

If you do it make sure to put the new WoW account on the same Battle.net account as your existing WoW account.

If you don't care about the level 100 boost base WoW is on sale for $9.99 and you'll still get the RAF bonus exp perk (and other perks if you subscribe on the new account for 2 months).

Don't forget if you level the 2 accounts together using the 300% RAF bonus it will not only be way faster but the new account can grant your paladin on your main account free levels as well. You get 1 free level to grant every 2 levels on your new account. So a level 90 character can grant 45 levels (but can only grant up to level 90 max, unless they finally changed it to allow going all the way to 100 with it)

I had forgotten about the extra level boosting the 2nd account gets for this. Yeah it's a pretty decent way to get alts up. Also I don't know if it's still the case or not but the base game includes WoD now which did come with a free 90 boost. Not sure if that's still included or not.