World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm open to changing the raid times. We'll talk about it in a couple months, closer to when everyone knows what they're gonna be doing for BfA. Right now, it's a ghost town.

McCheese McCheese , I'll fight you again, but you gotta come to a raid to do it.
Don't get my hopes up! You won't ever go PST times! :(

In other news, I've got an account coming off suspension in just a few days! Can you believe it's been 18 months already?!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
What's the over/under on a few days turning into 24 months?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well that's excessive... a good way to bleed some cash out of the economy though

Amusingly enough if you have 5 million gold you probably use the AH a lot so maybe worth it for those folks. I really want a brutasaur mount but damn thats a lot of gold.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Don't get my hopes up! You won't ever go PST times! :(

We already start at 9pm Eastern, that's later than I'd like! Can't really push it later than that. I'd love to go earlier, too, but I don't want to make the raid impossible for PST people.

You just have to ditch your family at 6pm twice a week, np. Bring your poopsock.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We already start at 9pm Eastern, that's later than I'd like! Can't really push it later than that. I'd love to go earlier, too, but I don't want to make the raid impossible for PST people.

You just have to ditch your family at 6pm twice a week, np. Bring your poopsock.
Maybe I'll see about getting back into things. I'll have all my 110s back so it might happen!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Amusingly enough if you have 5 million gold you probably use the AH a lot so maybe worth it for those folks. I really want a brutasaur mount but damn thats a lot of gold.
Faction discount applies, so it's "only" 4M in fact...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Faction discount applies, so it's "only" 4M in fact...

Really for the people with that kind of bank most of them are doing a lot of AH trading as is so 4 or 5 million may not make much difference to them. And for those people having an on demand auction house could very well justify the cost of it. I really want one of those brontosaurs things kinda hoping there is a non vendor version that is a bit more affordable.

xzi

Mouthbreather
One things for sure, I'm already gearing up for spam selling enchants and BoozeCube BoozeCube can fuck off already undercutting me months before I even post the auction

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah it's a ghost town but that's always the case during late expansion in WoW. I always see the 5 to 6 people online when playing. I'm currently gearing up my DH so I can complete the Xylem mage tower challenge with any issues. At 926 right now but I don't have enough DPS and leech. Hopefully I can get the leggo headband which will make the challenge much easier or brute force it with a higher ilvl. Definitely going DH this expansion and probably dust off my warlock too. Demonology is so much fun on beta.

If you have the chest that gives leech on that jump back ability + prydaz, it's super cake.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Are you using the right talent spec? I didn't at low 900s fairly easy and even brute forced the last phase with meta leech

Yeah it's a ghost town but that's always the case during late expansion in WoW. I always see the 5 to 6 people online when playing. I'm currently gearing up my DH so I can complete the Xylem mage tower challenge with any issues. At 926 right now but I don't have enough DPS and leech. Hopefully I can get the leggo headband which will make the challenge much easier or brute force it with a higher ilvl. Definitely going DH this expansion and probably dust off my warlock too. Demonology is so much fun on beta.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used the standard Demonic Spec (did not have my set bonus at the time I did it) except I changed out Demon Rebotn for Master of the Glaive because I had the Throw Glaive leggo on for the adds in the final phase.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
run demonic with the +leech in meta talent. I think i had the argus ring lego, and KJ trinket when i did it, so far from optimal.

Like Fyff Fyff said its the standard Demonic spec.

in phase 1 - chaos nova every time he puts you in the ice cage and felrush out, you can also fel rush over the middle lasers. every time you chaos nova your eyebeam will be up. and the demonic meta proc should be up long enough to more than top you off on HP. when the clones come out make sure you have 2 felrushs up and just get to him as fast as possible (i dont think i killed any of the ghosts) Save meta for phase 2

there is a slight gap between phases where if youre fast enough you can swap talents (i kept mine the same) but make sure you have nemesis for P2.

phase 2 - drums, pot, meta on the boss get him as low as you can (i saved meta till after the 1st add wave), save eyebeam, when the adds spawn eyebeam, blade dance, chaos nova. when you get on the boss for the 2nd time use meta and you should be able to kill him, if you get another wave of adds your eyebeam should be back up. i screwed up and had an add get to him and he healed from 1 of them and was still able to meta, stand in the goo and finish him (leech was stronger than the goo ticks).

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If it included a matching Battle Pet, would you purchase it?

(I may or may not be doing market research on behalf of Blizzard, Inc.)

Of course. Battle pets are useful and an integral part of a primary game mechanic. Ground mounts are just window dressing.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Read the preview for the 'Before the Storm' novel that Christie Golden wrote as a prequel for BfA...

I don't see how anyone can look at this and think that the 'War' is simply between two ideologies that are incompatible and otherwise 'grey'. This pretty clearly paints a picture of the Horde as being comprised of rational people (Tauren, Blood Elves, and Pandaren) honorable people (Orcs and Trolls) greedy people (Goblins) and complete batshit insane murderous psychopaths (Forsaken). I mean if you ditched the Forsaken then you might have a valid case for a cold-war between the Horde and Alliance that occasionally flared up, but this is Snidely Whiplash level mustache-twirling villainy.

On the other side we have the Alliance which, as of Warcraft 3, was comprised of quite a few dicks in the form of the human leadership but which is now comprised of 100% goody-two-shoes happy people whose sole motivation is to protect and defend peace and happiness. Their principle danger seems to be caused by loving each other far too much and generally being 'perfect' to the point of annoyance.

I just don't get it.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
run demonic with the +leech in meta talent. I think i had the argus ring lego, and KJ trinket when i did it, so far from optimal.

Like Fyff Fyff said its the standard Demonic spec.

in phase 1 - chaos nova every time he puts you in the ice cage and felrush out, you can also fel rush over the middle lasers. every time you chaos nova your eyebeam will be up. and the demonic meta proc should be up long enough to more than top you off on HP. when the clones come out make sure you have 2 felrushs up and just get to him as fast as possible (i dont think i killed any of the ghosts) Save meta for phase 2

there is a slight gap between phases where if youre fast enough you can swap talents (i kept mine the same) but make sure you have nemesis for P2.

phase 2 - drums, pot, meta on the boss get him as low as you can (i saved meta till after the 1st add wave), save eyebeam, when the adds spawn eyebeam, blade dance, chaos nova. when you get on the boss for the 2nd time use meta and you should be able to kill him, if you get another wave of adds your eyebeam should be back up. i screwed up and had an add get to him and he healed from 1 of them and was still able to meta, stand in the goo and finish him (leech was stronger than the goo ticks).
I used meta at the start and it was up again after the role play for transition to the second boss. I was doing about 1 million DPS when I did the challenge. This is all excellent info though.