World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Going mage. Hopeful arcane is a viable option so we can try something different. Dual-spec at 40+ would be amazing and is a fucking “no shit” addition.
You get Arcane Blast, so that should be fun. Although can't factor POM into that until level 30 :( I was thinking of rolling a fire mage instead of a priest or war.

1700444712203.png

1700444795294.png

1700444906161.png

1700444952315.png

1700444995077.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The only real issue I see is if they add too many PVE servers and the horde and alliance populations split up to be like faerlina/benediction currently where the populations are like 97% one faction on the server. No idea how they prevent this though without preventing a specific faction to be rolled on until it’s balanced-ish
No idea how this is an issue or why you would bother to prevent it, its a fucking PVE server. Literally they could make 1 alliance only and 1 horde only PVE server and it wouldn't affect shit.

Faction balance only matters on PVP servers and only for about 45 minutes at launch after which one side realizes they are the smaller faction and will just get steam rolled by the other and that server ends up 100% alliance or horde.

Are they ways to fix it? sure yeah. lock character creation on servers with imbalances. Separate queues for factions, etc. but they haven't implemented that shit for 20 fucking years and they sure as fuck aren't going to start now, its anathema to their basic tenet which is casual access for everyone.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I forgot how gay enchanting is in classic. Cool and useful profession but you need to sit around in Org hawking your wares directly to do shit with it or even possibly make money. Adding Wrath Enchanting Vellums to classic would be great.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I made the mistake of rolling on a PvP server on classic, getting world buffs dispelled by degenerates was enough classic PvP for me.
We had a guild on my pve server called Felwood Police, their sole purpose was to gank min/maxxer who went for the +crit flowers there by tricking them to enable pvp.
The tears were abundant.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Worldbuff Meta being as totally gay as it is I'll allow it.

Do any of you think they will make getting the runes completely suck? Like locking them behind faction grinds, long quest chains, etc?

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I forgot how gay enchanting is in classic. Cool and useful profession but you need to sit around in Org hawking your wares directly to do shit with it or even possibly make money. Adding Wrath Enchanting Vellums to classic would be great.
You know all those little things combined is what made vanilla unique. If you QOL this and let's have that you end up with todays retail wow.

Also fear the vanilla ultras. They burn you at the stake for less.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Do any of you think they will make getting the runes completely suck? Like locking them behind faction grinds, long quest chains, etc?
I could see them maybe putting some behind a raid boss. But then a ton of people would bitch about it. So Im guessing they wont be to hard to get.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You know all those little things combined is what made vanilla unique. If you QOL this and let's have that you end up with todays retail wow.

Also fear the vanilla ultras. They burn you at the stake for less.
While I agree in spirit its the only profession that requires you to be perma online and sitting in Org to make money.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker

I doubt it, i figured they would just put some in dungeons and hide them around the world like the dumb retail caches and call it a day

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Fucking blizzard fajooots, why is this not releasing this week.

Given how unbalanced everything will probably be, they prob want to make sure they have a dedicated team available to quick-fix any major issues. This is going to be an expansion of Pandora's Box.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The last two days it took me 4 hours to get to lvl 11 on a fresh toon with no mob competition. I can't imagine how long it will take on SoD release.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What level can you grind Ragefire Chasm to until it greys out in classic?

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
After being given a stirring speech by a coworker, I’ve flipped my vote from Alliance PVE to Horde PVE (I’ll still go wherever the majority leads).

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
It might be easier to put together instance groups with the different class/rune combos.

The rune abilities will be overkill for low level content.