World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
This deserves its own thread as it's distinctively different than Era and Wrath which currently live in the classic thread. Going forward with Cata / Era's success and SoD'd imminent success, it makes sense to have some division over these game clients.

To start, let's get some polling going.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
PVP Alliance is fine with me. No PVE realms though as I like world PVP from time to time.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ll go where the masses go, and my vote keeps everything split 1, 1, 1, 1. Lulz.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
WoW without pvp is for the limp wristers who play live.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This will be my first “base game” experience. I never played just Vanilla. Played a bit the first time near the end of BC, and have probably played the most during WotLK and Legion/BfA. Leaning towards maining a Warlock, but haven’t fully looked at the known new stuff, so I am likely to flip flop. I like that if I catch a bad case of altwhorepes, I only have to level to 25, might even make an attempt to level one of everything.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
This will be my first “base game” experience. I never played just Vanilla. Played a bit the first time near the end of BC, and have probably played the most during WotLK and Legion/BfA. Leaning towards maining a Warlock, but haven’t fully looked at the known new stuff, so I am likely to flip flop. I like that if I catch a bad case of altwhorepes, I only have to level to 25, might even make an attempt to level one of everything.
this is very much not the base game experience.

its basically tbc/wrath class design with a bunch of new content/open world pvp/exploration stuff tacked on to the vanilla world.
I wonder what the most OP class combo will be at 25.

Feral druid (cat) will be the most OP at 25 by far in terms of dps (mangle/savage roar/perm wind fury totem) and holy pal for healing (beacon at 25? jesus)

I mean it's still vanilla so outside of the special rune abilities paladins are still doing blessings every 5 min and unleashing seals via judgments so its gonna be aids playing a paladin but they are still gonna be op af.

Now if they would clarify whether we are using vanilla mechanics (weapon skill) or tbc/wrath (hit/expertise/crit/etc ratings) then we'd know how the tanks will fare. -6% chance to be crit is fucking meaningless if its still vanilla mechanics and raid bosses are just non-stop crushing blows on cloth, but if its TBC/wrath era where all you need is -6% chance to be crit and dont even need fucking defense skill then Warlock tanks look to be powerful early game and shaman might eventually be decent tanks later on depending on what skills they get post 25.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never really wanted the full Vanilla experience, but I am actually looking forward to this. Plus I’ve got an mmo itch and nothing else is scratching it atm. Have some vacation coming up in December, so the timing on this is pretty much spot on.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm committed to alliance, pvp or pve just need to see how they end up doing servers.
I do think pvp will be insanely clowny though which could be very entertaining lol

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My brother and his friend ended up trying like 4 different classic servers when that first dropped and every single one turned lopsided. If it was 55/45 A/H it would take mere weeks for the horde to relocate and it be 80/20.

Until they reattach their dicks at blizzard and do something to actually force faction balance instead of having pvp server queues not give a shit which faction you are logging in to play on, world pvp is just not going to be balanced and good.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Priest or Shaman depending on faction.

I am very ware of faction imbalance though. Playing Turtle Wow it is so nice that you can cross faction group and raid. Sure, horde cant go into Stormwind but all the gameplay that matters ignores it. Blizzard should copy that as you are effectively punishing players for race choice even if they don't know it.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
this is very much not the base game experience.

its basically tbc/wrath class design with a bunch of new content/open world pvp/exploration stuff tacked on to the vanilla world.

Feral druid (cat) will be the most OP at 25 by far in terms of dps (mangle/savage roar/perm wind fury totem) and holy pal for healing (beacon at 25? jesus)

I mean it's still vanilla so outside of the special rune abilities paladins are still doing blessings every 5 min and unleashing seals via judgments so its gonna be aids playing a paladin but they are still gonna be op af.

Now if they would clarify whether we are using vanilla mechanics (weapon skill) or tbc/wrath (hit/expertise/crit/etc ratings) then we'd know how the tanks will fare. -6% chance to be crit is fucking meaningless if its still vanilla mechanics and raid bosses are just non-stop crushing blows on cloth, but if its TBC/wrath era where all you need is -6% chance to be crit and dont even need fucking defense skill then Warlock tanks look to be powerful early game and shaman might eventually be decent tanks later on depending on what skills they get post 25.
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Also for all the people saying Alliance will be crazy imbalanced they already said by level 25 horde will have access to King's equivalent. Can't imagine they'd do just that and not salv as well.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Imagine being on a PVP server and some goons camping the entrance to every random cave you need to get to the back of to unlock your key runes.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh that will definitely be happening.

Fuck that noise. PVE it is.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Oh that will definitely be happening.

Fuck that noise. PVE it is.
People who talk about wow pvp like it’s something special always seemed pathetic to me. PvP where there’s pretty much no consequences is merely a retarded inconvenience. Come back to me about pvp when you’ve stared a spreadsheets for 120 hours straight just to launch your 10,000$ glowing cock into a bunch a nerds at the right moment like i did numerous times in eve online and you might have a point. It’s not really PvP unless one side is gonna get fucked up and lose a lot of money when things are sorted out.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users