World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed it and got a piece of set gear. Would definitely like a rogue next time though for some kicks ha

Yeahs73

Trakanon Raider
Got a 25 Rogue and working up a Druid on Wild Growth. Been in a random invite the masses guild, got room for a lurking FoH bro in the guild?
Stanislaus and Stanidruid are the names.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed it and got a piece of set gear. Would definitely like a rogue next time though for some kicks ha
Very-geared Rogue offering BFD kicks 1g each on Alliance Lone Wolf, can also be paid in set chest/boots.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just capping queues at 5 people would solve most of these problems without any kind of complicated solution. Honor ranks are capped by phase, it's not even like there's a big prize to be try-harding for. You can currently cap a char in a single week.

Capping at 5 people solves what? It forces everyone to always play with strangers on their team. It prevents a guild from having a full premade. Why shouldn't 10 people be able to play together? Because someone else is angry that they'll lose against it, and wants it balanced DOWN so everyone had to play with randoms?

Imagine if BFD required you to queue and be placed with random people. Max 5 together. Its totally and completely insane and unthinkable; of course you do pve with a full premade! Why can't you premade pvp then? Butthurt solo queueing? Too bad.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Capping at 5 people solves what? It forces everyone to always play with strangers on their team. It prevents a guild from having a full premade. Why shouldn't 10 people be able to play together? Because someone else is angry that they'll lose against it, and wants it balanced DOWN so everyone had to play with randoms?

Imagine if BFD required you to queue and be placed with random people. Max 5 together. Its totally and completely insane and unthinkable; of course you do pve with a full premade! Why can't you premade pvp then? Butthurt solo queueing? Too bad.
Look, I've done the elite pvp thing in DAoC and in WoW many times over. R13 in vanilla, glad, high rated RGBs, etc. For the overall capped progression, semi-casual vibe of SoD it is the best compromise. What is the point of try-harding when you can cap ranks in single week? Also, your point about raids is laughable, since the point of pvp is to make it fun for both sides to encourage participation instead of discourage participation. There's a reason PvP (despite having excellent combat mechanics) never gained a lot of traction in WoW: most of the systems actively discourage people from getting involved, which leads to slowly dying population and nobody is happy in the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Look, I've done the elite pvp thing in DAoC and in WoW many times over. R13 in vanilla, glad, high rated RGBs, etc. For the overall capped progression, semi-casual vibe of SoD it is the best compromise. What is the point of try-harding when you can cap ranks in single week? Also, your point about raids is laughable, since the point of pvp is to make it fun for both sides to encourage participation instead of discourage participation. There's a reason PvP (despite having excellent combat mechanics) never gained a lot of traction in WoW: most of the systems actively discourage people from getting involved, which leads to slowly dying population and nobody is happy in the end.

Forcing everyone to play pug style is not encouraging people to get involved. Its just nerfing premades to coddle the people with the least social investment.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Forcing everyone to play pug style is not encouraging people to get involved. Its just nerfing premades to coddle the people with the least social investment.

If you want me to show up and have a team speedrun fucking me in the face resulting in terrible experience and minimal advancement I'm going to need a little sugar sprinkled on that cock. Rolling pugs has been meta for the entire history of BGs and that is one old, desiccated dog turd of a meta. The system should encourage premades to play against other premades rather than dodge each other or win trade and the system should have a little pity package for the losers when ten retards get stomped by organized tryhards. If you want to slap me around that's alright but that costs extra.

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
leaving the BG queues as they are now just means entire pug teams sit in the GY afk munching on doritos while hopefully their premade opponent is nice and wins quick. I don't mind being forced to queue vs premades but im damn sure going to be afk doing something else the entire match.
happens in nearly all BGs i join at 25.

having project quarm running on a laptop is great for this, my wizard is leveling up much quicker than i expected thanks to how boring WSG is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Then have 2 modes and the tryhard mode gives extra rewards. Or have rankings like arena (I would hate this, but, it gives something to the tryhards). People who want to queue with a few friends and/or a full premade shouldn't be punished for being strong.

It's not conceptually hard. They do it in pve. Reward tryhards more, but allow casuals or bads to do a lower difficulty for less reward.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
image.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Then have 2 modes and the tryhard mode gives extra rewards.
What extra rewards? Honor is capped at R3 right now lol, what do you want? Being able to get 0-3 in faster than 1 reset?

Twice as many WSG marks of honor for playing in the 10v10 queue? Fuck it, sure, but you actually won't have much fun doing that, and will progress slower.

5-person cap is the solution because it means you'll still have a bunch of fun games, can still be organized within your own group, occasionally faceroll a bunch of pugs, sometimes meet other 5-person groups and have cross-group teamwork, etc.

Queue-as-raid was likely always a mistake for vanilla.

• 1Like

yerm

Should BFD be capped at 5 premades and the rest must be lfr'd so that everyone has a chance to do the content, and its not a bunch of super geared tryhards and a ton of pugs who cant get past 5/7?

No, that's fucking retarded.

So is telling pvpers that they MUST play with at least half their team being shitass randoms and what would end up being tons of afkers and botters hoping to get carried.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should BFD be capped at 5 premades and the rest must be lfr'd so that everyone has a chance to do the content, and its not a bunch of super geared tryhards and a ton of pugs who cant get past 5/7?

No, that's fucking retarded.

So is telling pvpers that they MUST play with at least half their team being shitass randoms and what would end up being tons of afkers and botters hoping to get carried.
No, you’re being fucking retarded. PVE and PvP are not the same thing.

• 1Like