World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaines

Potato Supreme
"The removal of GDKP is not going to lower demand for gold" is a hell of a position to take.
Because the people who are buying that gold to spend are buying it for items. You think they aren't going to find the next best place to buy items (dungeon boosts)?? That's very naive of you.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Because the people who are buying that gold to spend are buying it for items. You think they aren't going to find the next best place to buy items (dungeon boosts)?? That's very naive of you.

Correct. I do not think that people will buy the same amounts of gold to spend it on different shit. Removing a major destination for bought gold is going to lower demand for gold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
What is GDKP again? Gangsta dragon kill points?

So instead of gaining points for every raid you attend, your pants sag a few inches lower each raid?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Correct. I do not think that people will buy the same amounts of gold to spend it on different shit. Removing a major destination for bought gold is going to lower demand for gold.
We'll check back in a month and see who's right.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
What is GDKP again? Gangsta dragon kill points?

So instead of gaining points for every raid you attend, your pants sag a few inches lower each raid?
Gold Dragon Kill Points. Raiders bid gold on items when they drop. The highest bidder wins the item. The gold is put in a raid pot. At the end of the raid, the raid pot is split evenly between all raiders present.

Juvarisx

Florida
Wow might actually be time to play a feral in SoD

1706654734896.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Gold Dragon Kill Points. Raiders bid gold on items when they drop. The highest bidder wins the item. The gold is put in a raid pot. At the end of the raid, the raid pot is split evenly between all raiders present.
Hmm how would a company stop that? It is an agreement between participants on how to split the plunder?

I've seen this before I just frogot that is what it was called. I got into watching hardcore players on twitch for awhile and I remember this crazy bidding war between streamers paying 10 grand for an axe or something.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Hmm how would a company stop that? It is an agreement between participants on how to split the plunder?

I've seen this before I just frogot that is what it was called. I got into watching hardcore players on twitch for awhile and I remember this crazy bidding war between streamers paying 10 grand for an axe or something.
They are going to ban anyone actively advertising these types of runs. Which means they are all going to be moving to Discord.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never experienced this on Wildgrowth Horde SOD. Even when it was at its peak busy times. Maybe I outpaced the bot armies? But I leveled five 25's (soon to be six) and never ran into anything that was disruptive to my play or leveling path.

I found the botters in EQ to be far more disruptive to my play experience because the systems of the game made it so. And I wanted those fuckers nuked from orbit. So I get the rage on the topic, but not in WoW where the game systems mitigate the impact for players like me.
Congrats on being the only person out of 500,000 in SoD that bots don’t negatively affect.

• 1Truth!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like I stopped paying to this conversation like a week or two ago, and pop back in only to see... the same conversation. GDKP isnt going anywhere. Even if its banned - it'll still be sought after and used, just under the cover of night. Bidding and all will be done on a third party site, or just Discord. GDKP is here to stay, at least in WoW, whether we hate it or not. Botting is here to stay whether we like it or not. Botting is actually getting MORE advanced as time goes. Hyper Elk was shut down, but that same software would have been undetectable 15 years ago. It would be foolish to think there isnt some new trick to getting around Warden thats still in its infancy / kept in a small circle. Every facet of this conversation PRINTS MONEY and as long as its profitable, aint shit going to change. Now please, ffs, stop bickering about this dumb shit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Deciding to ban GDKP is just fuckin weird...

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
better late than never.

lets see if they actually track gold transfers.

Banning people from mentioning gdkps will prolly eliminate half the GDKPs on a server but they will still happen just run in discord. If they actually track transactions in game and ban players that way then absolutely it will kill not only GDKPs but also RMTing. I don't know if they will do the transaction checks though because if they could do that they would of done that from the beginning to ban RMT without needing to bother with the GDKPs. Gee golly random "fnjenrrne", a character/account you have never interacted with, just mysteriously mailed you xxxxx gold for no fucking reason? if they could track that they could just verify then ban both accounts involved and nip it in the bud. Oh did random chinese player just trade you gold? banned. did you post a minor mana pot for 5,000 gold in the AH and random chinese player just happened to buy it from you? banned.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
better late than never.

lets see if they actually track gold transfers.

Banning people from mentioning gdkps will prolly eliminate half the GDKPs on a server but they will still happen just run in discord. If they actually track transactions in game and ban players that way then absolutely it will kill not only GDKPs but also RMTing. I don't know if they will do the transaction checks though because if they could do that they would of done that from the beginning to ban RMT without needing to bother with the GDKPs. Gee golly random "fnjenrrne", a character/account you have never interacted with, just mysteriously mailed you xxxxx gold for no fucking reason? if they could track that they could just verify then ban both accounts involved and nip it in the bud. Oh did random chinese player just trade you gold? banned. did you post a minor mana pot for 5,000 gold in the AH and random chinese player just happened to buy it from you? banned.
This I can agree with. Going directly after the RMT'ers would have been FAR better than going after a raid loot distribution system that the vast majority of people were using legitimately, with a significant percentage being used by gold farmers.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Never experienced this on Wildgrowth Horde SOD. Even when it was at its peak busy times. Maybe I outpaced the bot armies? But I leveled five 25's (soon to be six) and never ran into anything that was disruptive to my play or leveling path.

There was nothing disruptive for me, but I definitely can find areas crawling with bots on Wildgrowth. Places like the mines in elwynn. It is kinda hard to tell them apart because SOD is jam packed but they have interesting behaviors. They will auto-accept group invites for example and eventually drop group at random times, but you can invite them back immediately. I used this to my advantage a few times to complete quests. The interesting part to me was when they had questie notifications in the party chat in Chinese. They are actually questing and moving on in their own leveling process so they actually have some intelligence with things like quest drops and knowing when a quest is complete. You could invite them from anywhere and they will accept, you can follow and track them.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Gold DKP has been around, in World of Warcraft, since actual vanilla. It got very popular in Wrath, but it's been around forever.

It's bizarre that it somehow came under scrutiny now, especially since it's a system designed by players, and embraced by the playerbase at large, as a fix for loot disputes over the games inherently flawed rolling and master looting systems.

If you're a player that honestly thinks it's bad for the game and needs to end you're probably just an idiot. And Blizzard developers are idiots for pandering to idiots, wasting time and resources to fix a "problem" that doesn't exist.

• 4Like
  • 1Slow
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users