World of Warcraft: Current Year

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
This would be a lot more entertaining if people like Chris Chris weren't the morons you get in your groups constantly.

It's like the retarded console players that think they stand a chance against PC players in FPS games. You're legitimately delusional if you think it's possible to perform better on a controller than a mouse/keyboard.

There a good addon yet for these stupid adventure table missions?

This is the best one I've found so far:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This would be a lot more entertaining if people like Chris Chris weren't the morons you get in your groups constantly.

It's like the retarded console players that think they stand a chance against PC players in FPS games. You're legitimately delusional if you think it's possible to perform better on a controller than a mouse/keyboard.

This is the best one I've found so far:

It's not quite what I was hoping for, but having a rough estimate of success is better than just guessing. Thanks.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Now imagine playing a game that was specifically designed to use the latter, using a device designed for something else.

Imagine that moulded shape being inferior when it comes to number of possible input combinations and the speed of activating those combinations.

Imagine using an analog stick designed for slow smooth movement to compensate for shitty game performance and motion blur, instead of using a device that can give you precision aim with the slightest flick of the wrist.

Imagine thinking that a device that hasn't been replaced in decades because it simply doesn't need to be, that allows you to push an input several times a second, is somehow a worse tool than a device literally designed for children.

Imagine being so insufferably thick-headed that you can't just admit that your controller is a worse input device, and instead of just defending your desire to use it, you decide to try to argue that it's somehow superior.

This is why people laugh at you, Chris
A device designed for video games vs a device designed for office drones typing?

I have 12 keybinds on 1 finger press, 36 on two finger combos and another 12 on an easy to access three finger combo. That's 60, how many do I fucking need?

Everything you wrote is bullshit, I'm not getting how it's slower in any way which is why I'm persisting with this. It's exactly the same speed if not quicker inputs, is clicking a shoulder button at the same time as clicking another button some kind of epic feat for you? Are you mentally disabled?

Controllers can't do several inputs per second, what the fuck are you talking about? I can activate all my off global cooldown tank cooldowns in a fraction of a second by pressing all the buttons at once.

This is my fault, I need to post pictures of the setup instead of assuming people played FF14 (pr even regular console games it seems).

• 2Slow

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is better than both imo. That with a G502, yeah, no question about it.

Razer.jpg

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I can activate all my off global cooldown tank cooldowns in a fraction of a second by pressing all the buttons at once.

That you think this is a good example to show how you understand how this game works at all shows just how terrible you are. There's a word for tanks that stack all their defensive CD's: Bad.

I'm not getting how it's slower in any way which is why I'm persisting with this. It's exactly the same speed if not quicker inputs, is clicking a shoulder button at the same time as clicking another button some kind of epic feat for you?

Now press that shoulder button along with one of 4 modifiers while dodging shit on the ground and use that ability on a specific member in a 20 person group, while also having to be ready to hit another button to activate a boss ability, aiming your camera in a brand new direction within a fraction of a second, and hit your push-to-talk key, and you've got what the average pace of actual content is. Also: Have fun with mouseover macros.

This is my fault, I need to post pictures of the setup instead of assuming people played FF14 (pr even regular console games it seems).
I've played FF14 with both a controller and KB/M. The controller was inferior in every-way but one (flipping around to walk backwards while maintaining forward camera)

A device designed for video games vs a device designed for office drones typing?

It was designed for children to use to jump up and down on turtle people and hit their heads against blocks that gave them coins.

The keyboard and mouse was designed for people to be able to input several dozen inputs a second. WoW was designed around this.

And again, you dumb twit: If the controller was a superior method of playing the game, every single top-end player would be using it. You know how many use a controller? None. Absolutely none.

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just left a +9 Necrotic Wake (with a required item level of 195 on the PUG) because the DPS didnt know to kill the Adds on the first boss before they explode. We wiped three times on that and I got back talk when I suggested "You guys have to kill the adds before the explode" after the second attempt.

Trying to find a solid healer (non controller using, please) that has an eastern playtime schedule. The DPS I can fill rather easily if you dont have any of your own.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Yeah they pulled down loot in Shadowlands because they wanted "loot to be meaningful" but what they don't understand is items that are generic main stat/second stat will never be meaningful. They will always be regulated to forgettable who gives a shit items. What's even more funny is they admit they even as devs you can show them 2 items and they have no fucking clue which is better without simming it even if it's higher ilvl. - They want to make loot meaningful they need to actually design gear again and drop the main stat/second stat gayness as a mantra. It won't ever happen though, as long as there is 85 different scaling difficulties with 683 versions of an item it will all be sterilized computer generated forgettable garbage. Maybe if they bring back class sets as they say there might be something neat.

Best thing they could do as a company is fire Ion and everyone who ever had any interaction with Diablo 3 from the company.

Right they've been over simplifying the game for years. Talents, abilities, itemization, etc. I realize in developer minds that it's a waste of time to code things that aren't necessarily "best", but much like in life a Ferrari is just another type of car it's rarity and uniqueness make it much more desirable. Similarly it may not be "optimal" to get a Gender Studies degree, but a lot of people do. That being the case where are the Ferrari items, and why can't I pick Talents? They made it seem like people only selected the absolute best talents, but that's total B.S. because A) I saw a shit ton of people with poor talent choices, and B) There are specs being utilized in WoW Classic (fury war tank for instance) that I as a no life nerd top tier Vanilla warrior never used or saw anyone on any other server using...

What about the ability Trim? No more fire/ice wards for mages, no more frost bolt for fire spec or fireball for frost spec. Gone are the days of using rank 1 fireball on a rogue to dot them even if you're frost, or utilized your wards to survive just a little bit longer than someone who doesn't use all their abilities. No more bloodrage for warriors that you can use before incoming CC to break it if you're a decent player.

On the itemization note Blizzard is literally one step away from having a +Gooder stat. From a mathematical standpoint that would work great and really simplify their job, but does anyone actually enjoy that? As you already no the answer is of course not, and yet were extremely close. I honestly can't even fucking stand the rating stats. I understand why they did it, but would much rather have fractional %s or something instead of a rating. That said is it the end of the fucking world if someone is still using Drakefang Talisman in TBC/Wrath because it's a well itemized trinket? Like is any item lasting beyond the current expansion the end of the world?

Shit we haven't even touched on Transmog, paid char boots, cross server everything, and a million other subjects. Transmog to me is the death of cool items. They can literally phone it in because they know people will just Transmog anyways... The list goes on and on. You can tell when Tigole, Furor, and the original crew were on duty it was a passion of the heart. A Team of fifty fucking people brought us tons of awesome items, quests, with amazing abilities and game pacing. Now they are a multi billion dollar company with thousands of employees and we get lazy ass dogshit.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I just left a +9 Necrotic Wake (with a required item level of 195 on the PUG) because the DPS didnt know to kill the Adds on the first boss before they explode. We wiped three times on that and I got back talk when I suggested "You guys have to kill the adds before the explode" after the second attempt.

Trying to find a solid healer (non controller using, please) that has an eastern playtime schedule. The DPS I can fill rather easily if you dont have any of your own.
Were they killing the slime that reduces dmg taken by 75% for nearby allies? Its a bitch to kill explody slime while its up.

Also did a Spires 8 earlier and it looks like that shitty dot debuff on the last 3 adds instantly fades now instead of making you waste time waiting for it to drop.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Disc requires the healer to be at the top of their game at all times. One slight pause nukes your throughput. Some people just aren't cut out for it.

this is why I’m contemplating lvling my shaman instead for healing lol

fuck up once and your momentum is out the window

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

normal SL experience. Had a rogue say i should be carrying the dps since hunter is the "strongest evar" on ST dps in raids.

This was Sanguine Depths 2nd boss M+ 8 key , where its literally impossible to hardcast more than 2-3 times and you better save your hardcasting for the add because the other dps wont kill it.

I reminded the idiot I was withhholding CDs and damage for the add and also that you can't hardcast much so it's not my problem.

The idiot rogue while 500 dps below me entire instance with 2-3 deaths on trash said I was the problem we wiped at 20,000 health and 40,000 health twice.

As if that was some fact he just knew. It'd be different if he had 0 deaths and was pulling good numbers. Like I said, SL experience.

I wanted to just leave immediately. I think soon I'll start bailing on keys. How hardcore is RAIDER IO on player reporting and feedback? Can you really report someone for ditching?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
That you think this is a good example to show how you understand how this game works at all shows just how terrible you are. There's a word for tanks that stack all their defensive CD's: Bad.

Now press that shoulder button along with one of 4 modifiers while dodging shit on the ground and use that ability on a specific member in a 20 person group, while also having to be ready to hit another button to activate a boss ability, aiming your camera in a brand new direction within a fraction of a second, and hit your push-to-talk key, and you've got what the average pace of actual content is. Also: Have fun with mouseover macros.

I've played FF14 with both a controller and KB/M. The controller was inferior in every-way but one (flipping around to walk backwards while maintaining forward camera)

It was designed for children to use to jump up and down on turtle people and hit their heads against blocks that gave them coins.

The keyboard and mouse was designed for people to be able to input several dozen inputs a second. WoW was designed around this.

And again, you dumb twit: If the controller was a superior method of playing the game, every single top-end player would be using it. You know how many use a controller? None. Absolutely none.
Oh no, I'm not playing my lv41 Death Knight correctly? You got me.

Don't know why you keep repeating this several dozen inputs per second thing like comtrollers can't also do that.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I wanted to just leave immediately. I think soon I'll start bailing on keys. How hardcore is RAIDER IO on player reporting and feedback? Can you really report someone for ditching?

Obviously the DPS life is quite different but I don't hesitate to bail keys and I feel zero bad about it nor do I wait longer than 5 seconds to find a group. I don't run M+ to teach mechanics, just like I don't expect my group to teach me paths as a tank. In the example you're using, if that add stays up forever or I'm onto add #5 because the same DPS that dies to trash can't figure out how to move left and right I won't go more than 2 attempts - it's a waste of time.

I've easily ran SD at a 10 or plus the most of all dungeons by a fair margin. The DPS mage that joins who has only ever 8'd it and doesn't understand why certain packs are being skipped to trigger Prideful at the optimal areas but wants to be vocal about it is obnoxious. The contrast of when the group understands these things and plays well is crazy but such is the PUG life.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Right they've been over simplifying the game for years. Talents, abilities, itemization, etc. I realize in developer minds that it's a waste of time to code things that aren't necessarily "best", but much like in life a Ferrari is just another type of car it's rarity and uniqueness make it much more desirable. Similarly it may not be "optimal" to get a Gender Studies degree, but a lot of people do. That being the case where are the Ferrari items, and why can't I pick Talents? They made it seem like people only selected the absolute best talents, but that's total B.S. because A) I saw a shit ton of people with poor talent choices, and B) There are specs being utilized in WoW Classic (fury war tank for instance) that I as a no life nerd top tier Vanilla warrior never used or saw anyone on any other server using...

What about the ability Trim? No more fire/ice wards for mages, no more frost bolt for fire spec or fireball for frost spec. Gone are the days of using rank 1 fireball on a rogue to dot them even if you're frost, or utilized your wards to survive just a little bit longer than someone who doesn't use all their abilities. No more bloodrage for warriors that you can use before incoming CC to break it if you're a decent player.

On the itemization note Blizzard is literally one step away from having a +Gooder stat. From a mathematical standpoint that would work great and really simplify their job, but does anyone actually enjoy that? As you already no the answer is of course not, and yet were extremely close. I honestly can't even fucking stand the rating stats. I understand why they did it, but would much rather have fractional %s or something instead of a rating. That said is it the end of the fucking world if someone is still using Drakefang Talisman in TBC/Wrath because it's a well itemized trinket? Like is any item lasting beyond the current expansion the end of the world?

Shit we haven't even touched on Transmog, paid char boots, cross server everything, and a million other subjects. Transmog to me is the death of cool items. They can literally phone it in because they know people will just Transmog anyways... The list goes on and on. You can tell when Tigole, Furor, and the original crew were on duty it was a passion of the heart. A Team of fifty fucking people brought us tons of awesome items, quests, with amazing abilities and game pacing. Now they are a multi billion dollar company with thousands of employees and we get lazy ass dogshit.

Are you, or were you, drunk at the time of writing this? I got the jist, but wow....
tenor.gif

Were they killing the slime that reduces dmg taken by 75% for nearby allies? Its a bitch to kill explody slime while its up.

Also did a Spires 8 earlier and it looks like that shitty dot debuff on the last 3 adds instantly fades now instead of making you waste time waiting for it to drop.

Thats Plaguefall second boss. Im talking about Necrotic Wake, first boss. As a tank I can save the day on that PF boss, but I can only kill adds but so fast on the NW boss.

normal SL experience. Had a rogue say i should be carrying the dps since hunter is the "strongest evar" on ST dps in raids.

This was Sanguine Depths 2nd boss M+ 8 key , where its literally impossible to hardcast more than 2-3 times and you better save your hardcasting for the add because the other dps wont kill it.

I reminded the idiot I was withhholding CDs and damage for the add and also that you can't hardcast much so it's not my problem.

The idiot rogue while 500 dps below me entire instance with 2-3 deaths on trash said I was the problem we wiped at 20,000 health and 40,000 health twice.

As if that was some fact he just knew. It'd be different if he had 0 deaths and was pulling good numbers. Like I said, SL experience.

Im not 100% sure that Raider.iO records non finished attempts. But it does record failed finished keys. However, the failed finished key doesnt impact your score. Generally, if people look into your profile that deep, then its going to be a 15+ or something dumb. Even then, if you dont have any fails.. its pretty much a red flag that you leave every "bad" group.

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
One of my best run this week was a timed +11plaguefall (almost ++ if not for dps dying to tentacles on last boss), but there are still things I am not sure about 2 bosses and I cannot find it in guides.

2nd boss (mad scientist) did some heavy grp dmg at some point of the fight. I believe it was when my tank was not in melee range of him, but would like to confirm that.

Last boss fucking suck as a healer. I have my little algorithm of cooldown cycling for the infectious rain (rapture bubble boon ). What I am not sure of is the relation between the rain and the add that spawn. Sometime the boss double rain, is it because the add is still alive?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Are you, or were you, drunk at the time of writing this? I got the jist, but wow....
tenor.gif

Thats Plaguefall second boss. Im talking about Necrotic Wake, first boss. As a tank I can save the day on that PF boss, but I can only kill adds but so fast on the NW boss.

Im not 100% sure that Raider.iO records non finished attempts. But it does record failed finished keys. However, the failed finished key doesnt impact your score. Generally, if people look into your profile that deep, then its going to be a 15+ or something dumb. Even then, if you dont have any fails.. its pretty much a red flag that you leave every "bad" group.
Ah yeah. I get plague and NW interchanged because they're both shitty ^^.

Daidraco

One of my best run this week was a timed +11plaguefall (almost ++ if not for dps dying to tentacles on last boss), but there are still things I am not sure about 2 bosses and I cannot find it in guides.

2nd boss (mad scientist) did some heavy grp dmg at some point of the fight. I believe it was when my tank was not in melee range of him, but would like to confirm that.

Last boss fucking suck as a healer. I have my little algorithm of cooldown cycling for the infectious rain (rapture bubble boon ). What I am not sure of is the relation between the rain and the add that spawn. Sometime the boss double rain, is it because the add is still alive?

2nd boss of PF - There are multiple mechanics that could hit your entire group. Tank being out of range, being in his jump lines, the slime actually exploding, etc. No way to tell w/o logs (which you can log mythics if you want).

Last boss is easy and I have no idea why people struggle with it. I want to say the boss because the add continues to melee me but, it continues to cast rains as long as the add is up, so thats why DBM says to kill the add asap. Usually the DPS are slow af to move to him as a target so the entire group gets to half health before he dies. He has very low HP so its super annoying. Iirc, I think it leaves behind a disease/poison after every cast too.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Imagine having a peripheral ergonomically designed to have buttons moulded to the shape of your hands, a control scheme perfected in the only other competitive MMO to have as many keybinds as you could possibly need and a high quality mod to display all your button combos and cooldowns in a clean UI.

Now imagine having peripherals designed to get your mom using Microsoft Office and all your spells and abilities arranged in giant rectangles.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users