World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think miss universe revealed the new druid tier set coming after BRF

HUC95kQ.jpg

Duppin_sl

shitlord
What is the mechanism for getting back into WoW these days? Is it even worthwhile to do? What expansions or whatever do I need to buy?

Needless

Toe Sucker
only expansion you should need to buy is WoD, the rest is caked into your account now. If you're getting a fresh account, you need the "battle chest"/starter version and then WoD

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Worthwhile? I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about the expansion yet. Most of us in the RR guild are really enjoying it. Needless hit it on the head.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What is the mechanism for getting back into WoW these days? Is it even worthwhile to do? What expansions or whatever do I need to buy?
Probably drop a line in the WoW guild thread, we're always looking for cool dudes to play with.

The game is pretty good now, good solo content and decent group content.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Worthwhile? I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about the expansion yet. Most of us in the RR guild are really enjoying it. Needless hit it on the head.
You must not visit any WoW forums or something. They're in a state of borderline riot, and rightfully so as WoD is severely lacking in meaningful gameplay for anyone with more than like an hour a day to play. Blizzard have systematically stripped the game of things you can do to progress your character, to the point where it's basically a vanity collections game with a small side dish of progression minigames.

But players do have different standards, I suppose. One of my mates insists that WoD is keeping him entertained all day. I wondered how the hell he could find that kind of gameplay anywhere until I was at his house last week and discovered that his version of "entertained all day" was him logging in every couple of hours to check on his missions and work orders, and then playing other games in the meantime.

With standards like that, it really has gotten too easy for Blizzard.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Its a valid point and concern. If I'm not leveling an alt there is little reason to log in for more than an hour or so a day unless I'm planning on pugging a raid.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You must not visit any WoW forums or something. They're in a state of borderline riot, and rightfully so as WoD is severely lacking in meaningful gameplay for anyone with more than like an hour a day to play. Blizzard have systematically stripped the game of things you can do to progress your character, to the point where it's basically a vanity collections game with a small side dish of progression minigames.

But players do have different standards, I suppose. One of my mates insists that WoD is keeping him entertained all day. I wondered how the hell he could find that kind of gameplay anywhere until I was at his house last week and discovered that his version of "entertained all day" was him logging in every couple of hours to check on his missions and work orders, and then playing other games in the meantime.

With standards like that, it really has gotten too easy for Blizzard.
True that I do not visit any WoW forums. I do subscribe to the WoW subreddit though.

Tenks

The WoW subreddit is right up there with the most useless places for any kind of information. It is basically "Lulz look at this lulz screenshot for hte lulz" or "Lulz PePe did something unexpected lulz"

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm trying to think of how I would spend time "progressing my character" prior to WoD and alts, and I'm struggling to come up with something other than a few heroic scenarios per week to make sure I capped valor. All the other stuff I did are things that are still available (and expanded upon in WoD) - crafting, mount collecting, quest cleanup, etc.

What did we do before WoD? Or maybe my perspective is unique since I've always been a heroic (mythic) raider?

Tenks

Crafting is still heavily time gated, though. You can only get so much stuff per day and there is no reason to walk around the overmap to try and find materials. There is no build-up token system like there was in TBC to get epics off grinding heroics nor is there a rep gain grinding heroics, either. Apexis crystals are a complete waste of time. There just isn't a whole lot to do other than log in and do your garrison stuff daily. Possibly the issue is the number of welfare epics so it makes sense to just do the world boss and LFR weekly to eventually gear up instead of grinding out for heroic epics these days. So possibly the token system wouldn't work in the modern landscape.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Crafting is still heavily time gated, though. You can only get so much stuff per day and there is no reason to walk around the overmap to try and find materials. There is no build-up token system like there was in TBC to get epics off grinding heroics nor is there a rep gain grinding heroics, either. Apexis crystals are a complete waste of time. There just isn't a whole lot to do other than log in and do your garrison stuff daily. Possibly the issue is the number of welfare epics so it makes sense to just do the world boss and LFR weekly to eventually gear up instead of grinding out for heroic epics these days. So possibly the token system wouldn't work in the modern landscape.
Maybe it's just me, but I prefer time gates to grinds. And, if the lack of grind really bothers you, youcanstill farm primal spirits. As far as removing valor/justice (or whatever it was called in BC when there was a new currency every tier), I appreciate that there is purity between the different tiers of raiding and you have to climb the ladder instead of starting at the bottom rung and standing on someone else's head to reach the top.

What systems, if they reintroduced or reverted WoD changes, would compel you to maintain your sub/log in more often than you do currently?

Personally, I didn't think upgrading gear with valor was bad. It gives people something to work towards and slowly nerfs the current raids without having to adjust the raid itself. Just make items upgradable in the field (as opposed to a vendor in a city) and the previous problem of "Can't wear my new item til it's perfect" is fixed. They did this with armor set tokens, why not upgrades?

Tenks

I tried my best to make farming primals work with my capped mining profession toon but it just isn't worth the time. It takes 50 primals for a blood. I was getting MAYBE 0.25 primals per node. When you hit one you get 1-3 but more often than not you get 0 primals.

IMO they should make LFR gear 630. Keep normal at 655. Introduce a token system for 640 obtained via heroics. Allow said heroic gear to be upgradable to 655. Make the fully upgraded heroic gear actually itemized well so technically a full set of 655 heroic would be better than 655 normal. Maybe consider even adding a new tier of 5man content (not CM) when higher tier raids come out so you can upgrade the 655 to 670 or something. Basically give 5man content a meaningful place again. Don't make it better than actual progression raiding obviously but make it about on tier with normal raiding.