World of Warships

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There's not really been much changed. Few balance things in the next patch mostly.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
As a beta tester here's my take:

The Good: An interesting take on the Wargaming Team vs. Team model--way better than the competitor (navyfield2)

The Bad: Wargaming Matchmaker Balance (tm)--I don't know what the malfunction is at wargaming, but they have ALWAYS had issues with matchmaking in their games. WoWS is no exception.
Lack of "interesting" options. So far the american tree is the way to go for any ship (CV/BB/CL-CA/) The IJN has a decent DD line, but overall there is very little balance between the trees.

Thus far wargaming has been content to push premium ships out (i.e. pay-to-win in a supposed beta) rather than expand nation line or add additional.

I'll play it for boredom's sake but it is definitley, thus far, a disappointment.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
As much time as I've spent watching streamers, hoping to win an invite code, I might as well just pony up and buy it. If I hate it, what's one more $30 game that I only play for a couple of hours?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like a lot of fun. I ended up watching 5 videos from Jingles channel today, on this game.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hang out on certain forums that are in way shape or foum related to gaming. I got mine and offer of another from a WG employee that has a similar interst to me, he works at the Austin office.

He has been giving out about 10 a week in a 1,000 page thread related to WoT there. But he has to "know" you.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, one of the streams I was hanging out in had a WG employee hanging out in it. He was not the streamer but just a friend of the streamer. I think he was a researcher for the WoWs and supplied 10 keys on Memorial Day.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Seriously, the game is just not that fun. The cool factor of seeing decent res historical ships shoot each other degrades quickly when you realize it's a carbon copy of WoT without the necessary adjustments to the core game modes allowing for some key differences in committing a hundred million pound ship to combat vs. a 50t tank.

Borzak

That's why I haven't downloaded it. From the videos I have seen it looks incredibly boring with people going around in circles and figure 8's at T95 pace turn turn turn. I'm sure there's some strategy to it, just doesn't do anything for me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's why I haven't downloaded it. From the videos I have seen it looks incredibly boring with people going around in circles and figure 8's at T95 pace turn turn turn. I'm sure there's some strategy to it, just doesn't do anything for me.
Pretty much. I really wanted 16"50cal guns on the Iowa and real fire control systems and tactics around objectives instead of "drive me closer so I can hit them with my sword!"

It's just not very coordinated. The only positive side is I still have hope vs WoWP where it was clearly just never going anywhere.

Borzak

Decided to try it out. Tired of the window lickers in WoT which seem to get worse and worse every day. It took about 50 matches to really get the feel of the game and contribute.

After that I'm kind of enjoying it. So far really only playing cruisers and battleships. Have no desire to play carriers and I'm sure if I played a destroyer much I would TK a lot with torpedos.

They gave away a free Albanay. Which basically means 250k or whatever it sold for and a free port slot.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you can't stand windowlickers in WoT, I don't know how you can stand the portholelickers in WoWS...