World War 3 (By The Farm 51)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks very interesting and could be a good Battlefield replacement if done right. I like the idea of there being multiple fronts/maps going on at the same time to determine the outcome of the war.

World War 3 - The Farm 51

N.O.X's breakdown/thoughts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks like a good battlefield replacement now that battlefield sucks ass.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

Looks like this goes live on Steam Oct. 19

• 1Like

Hekotat

I'll be streaming live this evening @ 630pm CST as long as the servers don't shit the bed or if performance is PUBG levels of bad. I don't talk while streaming so it'll just be gameplay.

• 1Like

Hekotat

The 5 or 10 mins I got to play it played really really well and I'm liking this alot. It plays a lot like BF2 and I'm running full Ultra settings @1440 around 100fps with no dips. Once I turned on OBS I dipped to around 70fps with one or two hiccups.

Servers ate shit and now no one can connect, I'll try again in about 30-40 mins.

Hekotat

Got to play some more last night, it's up on my stream if you are interested.

Teamwork definitely matters, it's very easy to get destroyed without support as you will see in my stream. Lots of depth, tons of customization and I really like the 2 faction campaign style. I'm still not sure if you can swap to the other faction at any point.

You can pick Offense or Defense at any time during a death or at the beginning of the match. You get more points for attacking/defending when you choose the appropriate mode.

You also earn BP during the match which you can use to spawn certain things, this changes depending on if you are the squad lead or not. You can drop tanks, missiles, quads, recon drones, explosive drones, etc. You also earn money to buy attachments, guns, armor, skins, etc. etc. You can only customize weapons and loadouts in between games. You can have up to 6 loadouts and you can customize them however you want. The less weight you are carrying the faster you move (It seemed this way). You get 3 pre-made loadouts which can be customized and 3 blank loadouts to create as you wish.

Light
SMG
Sniper
Flash Grenade
1 Gadget

Medium
AK
Pistol
2x Grenades
1 Gadget

Heavy
LMG
Rocket Launcher
2x Smokes
1 Gadget

Gadgets can be changed per death and include.

First Aid
Ammo pack
C4
Tank Mines
Health Pack
Drone

and a few more I can't remember.

Also, with the packs you have to look at them and press F, it does not just heal/resupply everyone in an AOE fashion like in Battlefield (I like this change). You can only carry 3 packs as well per spawn and they are not infinite.

My only real complaint is that vehicles are too quiet, they can sneak up on you in the middle of a gunfight and you're none the wiser. Same shit happens in Battlefield so it's not as shocking. That being said I highly recommend this game and at 28 bucks I don't see why you wouldn't give it a chance. It goes live this Friday and will be in early access so you can really return it at anytime before it launches.

I'm currently on the West (More russian lookin faction), I'm not sure if it resets on Friday. If you guys plan on playing we need to coordinate a faction.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Bike and Cletus and Burke were playing for awhile, mostly tank driving. Looks cool! I dug around and it sounds like they are working on lady soldiers which is cool. Is it easy to tell friend from enemy? I saw there's a little blue triangle or something in the middle of friendly people nearby?

Hekotat

Bike and Cletus and Burke were playing for awhile, mostly tank driving. Looks cool! I dug around and it sounds like they are working on lady soldiers which is cool. Is it easy to tell friend from enemy? I saw there's a little blue triangle or something in the middle of friendly people nearby?

Pretty easy, they either have a marker or they don't. I've had no issues spotting enemies.

Takes about 3 wins to unlock a gun if you don't spend it on stupid shit like I have. I've been buying attachments to try and make the starter SMG better. I just realized there are different ammo types (AP, HP and something else). Probably need AP to destroy people with the starter SMG.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
"Soldiers! We're currently experiencing some technical
difficulties and we may be forced to postpone the release of World War 3. We're actively working on the case and will update you asap. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience."

Hekotat

"Soldiers! We're currently experiencing some technical
difficulties and we may be forced to postpone the release of World War 3. We're actively working on the case and will update you asap. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience."

I just bought it on Steam, I'm ready to rock!

Edit: Looks like they were not prepared for the amount of people wanting to BF replacement, lol. Servers getting hammered.

Double Edit: Top of the Steam charts too.

Last edited:

Rockstar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've been waiting at connecting to network for three hours (according to steam).

The 125mb patch did not fix the issue.

Hekotat

Yeah, I've been waiting at connecting to network for three hours (according to steam).

The 125mb patch did not fix the issue.

AS servers are up. Right click on the game in your library and choose launch on AS servers, you'll be able to play atleast.