World War Z

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord

With all the talk on how the film will deviate from the book, I'm debating on whether or not to read the book before watching the movie. Plus Brad Pitt + Big Budget Science Fiction Movie ... I'm going to pretend nothing can go wrong!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it looks pretty crazy. actually reminded me of what red dawn would look like if it was remade properly

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm gonna go watch the fuck out of this and just pretend it's not called World War Z because honestly if it wasn't called that everyone else would feel the same way. Shit looks pretty awesome.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Movie looks good, wish they would have left the name alone so someone could make an actual adaptation some day, the short separated storys would have made a great unique movie.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Read the book. I'm not exaggerating when I say - the only thing the movie seems to have in common with the book is... there are zombies in it. No, I'm really not kidding.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Read the book. I'm not exaggerating when I say - the only thing the movie seems to have in common with the book is... there are zombies in it. No, I'm really not kidding.
Read the book,afterwatching the movie. Doing it the other way around might ruin the experience.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
but bro, that wall is obviously Israel.

I am gonna make a punt here... Brad Pitt could be the guy who wrote the plan in case of the emergency. Forget what it was called, but it was from South Africa. Maybe that's why they are asking for his help.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
but bro, that wall is obviously Israel.

I am gonna make a punt here... Brad Pitt could be the guy who wrote the plan in case of the emergency. Forget what it was called, but it was from South Africa. Maybe that's why they are asking for his help.
Had to look it up, his name was Redeker. Though

The plan of basically sacrificing a bunch of people intentionally to save people in a more defensible area doesn't sound like movie hero stuff.

They could still have that be his character, but if so he will be absolutely nothing like in the book.

http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Redeker_Plan

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The more reshoots they've done and re-edits etc the further away from the source material it has gone. They seem to be almost bragging about making the zombies as fast as they have which is a 100% game changer alone.

As others have said, it might be a decent Zombie film. It just sucks they've ensured the film/mini-series we really wanted to see will now never be made.

The fantastically cast audio book version of World War Z will remain the definitive version.

Dis

Confirmed Male
That is why I like this forum. Good to know that the movie and the books only share the title in common. The book is worth the read though?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is why I like this forum. Good to know that the movie and the books only share the title in common. The book is worth the read though?
Yeah. It's told from the perspective of multiple survivors, as told to one writer. Written chronologically from the start of the outbreak on. Perspectives bounce all over the world so you get an idea of how it effects people on every scale from individuals to massive hordes.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It's a really fun read. I like to finish one of the individual stories and then just kind of sit back and day dream about it. Similar to how I might read a graphic novel. I end up cracking it open after I finish something really dense just because of how enjoyable and easy it is. Finished Malazan and WWZ was the perfect follow up for just mindless enjoyment. Probably have read it 7 or 8 times by now.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Book is great. It's not so much trying to tell the story of a single person in a zombie outbreak--like 99.9999% of zombie movies/books, it's mankind's story. Which, from a person who was always more interested in the "post apocalyptic world", rather than the the story, made it great for me.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
it's also cliche as fuck, but it is the cool kind of cliche.

(Ninja and samurai/contemporary notions of varying cultures and nations).

I'm excited the Zombie genre is getting some big budget/real actor recognition. I do however share the concerns of my fellow posters here though. That much CGI could spell disaster. I also am not a huge fan of fast moving zombies. Give me Romero zombies all day!