World War Z

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think i'll cave and watch this, this weekend. I expect nothing but bad considering it looks nothing like the book~

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The movie has a lot of good in it. Its just so jumbled up together like a clod of shit that the awesome sequence you enjoyed is spliced next to facepalm absurdity.

Cybsled

Yes, super mystery zombie invisibility army is the same as worldwide organized manual defense with melee weapons.
The counter-zombie assault in the end of the book doesn't work in the movie because the book was the slow "derp" zombie variety vs. the zerg swarm zombies in this film. The "zombie camo" does allow them to use melee, though, because they won't attack sick hosts, thus humans can just wade in and own them (like that scene in the montage at the end of the film).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The original ending was basically "fuck you, we're making a sequel." The rewrite made it seem possible for humans to actually win against these super-zombies.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I couldn't watch this... I mean, i watched it.. but i was so uninterested in everything about it that i ended up doing something else while having it on in the background lol

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a realm shame they didn't just follow the book. There's a reason the book was so damn popular.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The book as a movie would have come out terrible as well, I think. An HBO-level mini-series, on the other hand...

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Agreed. Far too much to show in a movie, and it's not really made to run as a movie (something Pitt should have realized early on).

Buu_sl

shitlord
Maybe it is just Zombie fatigue setting in, but I finally got around to watching this movie and wasn't impressed. Independence Day with zombies, but lacking the Jeff Goldblum factor.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The same thing was said about LOTR and while they really don't do the books justice, it's still one of the best series of movies ever made.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I disliked the 4 books, bored the everliving shit outta me. Loved the movie trilogy though.

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm with Sutekh. A good director/screen writer could do a great WWZ film with no effort what so ever. Mix and mash District 9/Reservoir Dogs/The Nines/any mockumentary or multiviewpoint film and bam you have a great WWZ movie that maintains the spirit and vision of the book.

Some chapters are straight interviews, some scene sequences, some sequences with intro/outro per pacing. Too easy for a director who values the book and maintaining its authors vision.

Cybsled

You know what is interesting? This is one of the few zombie movies where the concept of zombies exists in the world ;P

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This movie is horrible, if Lindelof rewrote the ending that wouldn't surprise me as it was craptastic.