Would you be willing to forego media entertainment if it guaranteed the destruction of the industry?

Would you forego all media entertainment for 10yrs if it guaranteed the destruction of the industry?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Would you be willing to abandon all forms of mass media entertainment for the next decade if you knew for sure that it would ruin the entertainment industry and all those associated with it?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Would you be willing to abandon all forms of mass media entertainment for the next decade if you knew for sure that it would ruin the entertainment industry and all those associated with it?

Yes, absolutely, 100%.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Fuck Yeah Yes GIF by Women's History

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I suffer through what is available today and more often than not I just watch old reruns for background noise.

This is an easy one. I would most definitely stop all media if it meant the irreversible demise of Hollywood.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all media? that means no more music and videos? no. movies, TV and music are fine, they just need to hit the reset button by about 10+ years and stop with the woke garbage. stop hiring terrible writers and actors just because they tick certain boxes. stop making all the female musicians fucking whores and stop making male musicians angry jogger gangstas. i understand there is a demographic shift, but that shift isnt black, blacks are declining. hispanics are taking over and they are more conservative. they want nothing to do with jogger gangstas, though they do love them some hispanic whores.
just stop the bullshit and people will reward you.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is there a guarantee another doesn't just pop up in its place?

But the reality is, I like TV and movies. I just don't like the last two decades of propaganda. Give me another era of John Hughes.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
all media? that means no more music and videos? no. movies, TV and music are fine, they just need to hit the reset button by about 10+ years and stop with the woke garbage. stop hiring terrible writers and actors just because they tick certain boxes. stop making all the female musicians fucking whores and stop making male musicians angry jogger gangstas. i understand there is a demographic shift, but that shift isnt black, blacks are declining. hispanics are taking over and they are more conservative. they want nothing to do with jogger gangstas, though they do love them some hispanic whores.

I'll go 20 years if you make Astrocreep disappear along with all media.

• 1Worf

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I forego all media anyway. I didn't even realize this was an option!

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
disappointment.gif

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I'd go even further: ALL professional art and artistic endeavors must legally go through a hard reset. Everything goes back to the late Stone Age, and we work back from there and try to figure out where it all went wrong.

Oh, you're an "artist"? Great, how wonderful. No more making pretentious performance pieces or retarded movies about gay black Vikings, though. Artists will be restricted, on pain of death, to the following:

1. Cave Painting. All visual art will reset to cave painting. You make your own paints and colors from naturally occurring materials using your bare hands, then find a deep cave and paint by torch light (you also have to make the fire yourself). The only acceptable topics for your cave painting will be: animals you personally killed for food with a hand-crafted spear, noble depictions of your culture's fertility goddess/war god, or an abstract piece that came to you after eating wild mushrooms (no using the internet to see beforehand if the mushrooms will make you trip balls or kill you - take the risk for your art).

2. Bone Flutes. All music will reset to the bone flute. You make your own flute from the leg bone of the major fauna in your area. Same rules as cave painting apply: you kill the animal with a weapon you made from scratch using local materials, craft the bone flute from hand, and perform a musical composition of your own devising celebrating your role in the eternal circle of life and death. If no major fauna live in your area, you may use the bones of other competing local musicians after challenging them to duel to the death - like a modern-day rap battle, except that there is always a battle to the death instead of just most of the time.

3. Fireside Slapstick. All performance art - film and television acting, theater, stand-up comedy, etc. - will reset to fireside slapstick humor. Science tells us that performing slapstick routines around the fire while the tribe feasts is likely the oldest form of performance and that it is seen in ancient cultures worldwide. You - either alone or with a friend - must attempt to amuse your friends, family, and neighbors by risking your health and dignity via a series of pratfalls, stunts, and other demeaning acts. The audience will be required to throw things at you as part of the show.

I figure after about 20 years of this, we will winnow down the field of arts and entertainment professionals enough to discuss reintroducing other forms of art, music, and theater - slowly building back up to see if they can do a better job this time.

• 1Pathetic

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
No. I like music too much to give that up. TV and movies? I wouldn't notice a difference.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
there's literally nothing worth watching at the moment. I just replaced my 2015 LG OLED because it developed a vertical line of bust pixels with a top of range 65" LG OLED and the only series I'm watching is Ahsoka. Movies barely hold my attention.

The golden age of TV is dead - killed by an over saturation of streaming services

I just don't like the last two decades of propaganda.

Two decades?

Cybsled

Jesus the amount of idiocy in this thread with a complete ignorance of the history of media and art is astounding

“My fee fees are hurt by perceived attacks on my world view! The only solution is the destruction of a Multi billion dollar industry and the ripple effects to other industries and businesses that support that industry so 100k+ people lose their jobs or livelihood!”

Why not head over to Afghanistan? You can at least cry with the Taliban about all the evil media and how women having jobs ruined your feelings

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
No. I like music too much to give that up. TV and movies? I wouldn't notice a difference.
This is where I'm at. If it's just new TV and Movies? I could do it. But music too? Zero chance.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No one is competing for the dollars of a few butthurt guys on old internet forums. You wouldn't put a dent in shit. Half of you probably pirate nearly everything anyway.

This entire tranche of mostly men made themselves irrelevant by bowing out a while ago.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users