WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah here's a screenie of IF right now. EST 5:50pm It gets worse at night and even in the early morning. SW is exactly the same.
rrr_img_118812.jpg

Edit: If anyone is playing on the PVP server Nostalrius and want to get a guild going shoot a whisper to ?alton (you do the ? by holding ALT and 0208)

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I was playing on one of the low pop servers having lots of fun leveling. then I got bummed out when I could not get in a single damn battleground.. went to nost and had the opposite experience. got to lvl 10 and never left WSG for like three weeks. Absolutely hated trying to lvl on nost. but loved the nonstop BGs at all hours of the night. Runnin flags as a naked lvl 10 mage like a boss.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Idk I don't really mind so much questing on Nost. I will usually just send the people killing in the quest area a tell asking if they want to group for updates and most of the time they do since they have to. The only thing I hate about the server is how shitty it renders mobs. At higher levels it gets better but it gets annoying when you aggro mobs before you even see them

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So what made this emu so popular? All the others I've played have been a fraction of this Nost PvP server.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They sure did hit at the right time. ED died due to them starting pay to win. Pretty sure they were also behind the DDoS on other vanilla servers like the rebirth. Then they went live when there were few options for anyone wanting vanilla wow. They did pretty good hyping it, cause I heard about it when I wasn't even looking.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'd play vanilla again if I lost my job and got divorced. Or maybe I'd lose my job and get divorced if I played vanilla again...

niss_sl

shitlord
I'm getting a bit bored with the game. I don't really feel like joining a guild since I don't have the time for the commitment so I thought I'd just BG/PVP and have fun. The problem is that the vast majority of games are full of AFK players waiting for their free tokens. Horde seems to fight more because their ques are long so they pretty much steamroll most games. I don't remember this much afk in retail. They really need to stop giving tokens for losses and I think it'd fix itself. I've been tracking the BG results and this is what I get:

WARSONG
loss: 42
win:: 15

ARATHI

loss: 35
win: 15

Essentially 30% win rate.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
PVP is fun. I've max leveled a number of characters on retail on PVP servers. PVP on a server with over 10k players, however, is pushing the boundaries of fun PVP.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't think I can continue on that PvP server, bros. The server is just far too overpopulated to level in most zones.

Level 32 signing out.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think I can continue on that PvP server, bros. The server is just far too overpopulated to level in most zones.

Level 32 signing out.
I don't want to make that same decision, because world PVP was one of the most enjoyable parts of vanilla. But, so far its been 90% ganked by lvl 60's and only 10% fights with people my own lvl (31 now). I haven't found the questing to be too bad, just the bored pole-smoking, basement-dwelling virgin nerd Horde 60's who like to show their e-peen all over lvl 20-30s.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I don't want to make that same decision, because world PVP was one of the most enjoyable parts of vanilla. But, so far its been 90% ganked by lvl 60's and only 10% fights with people my own lvl (31 now). I haven't found the questing to be too bad, just the bored pole-smoking, basement-dwelling virgin nerd Horde 60's who like to show their e-peen all over lvl 20-30s.
This is all world pvp ever was, not sure why people remember it so fondly.

Oh wait... these are the same people that enjoyed having only 1 guild be able to progress on a server so they could lord their e-peen epics over the "casuals."

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Getting ganked by rogues and lvl 60 grinds my gears if I'm in the WoW fiending mode. I'm at 35 and in the quest no-man's-land. Everything is either above my level, a festering shithole of pvpness, or elite. Think I'll take a week off and go grind some ogres to 36-37.

Ferr_sl

shitlord
So whats the site for this shit now? The one in the OP isnt working, and google is just giving a thousand wow posts.